πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 11/3/2023 at 11:33 AM, ninjapirate said:

The commanders trading away sweat and young really made no sense. The odds of replacing them with those picks they got back are almost non existent.

I don't disagree. I wanted to get rid of only one of them. That said, the Sweat offer was probably just too good to not do, and I think their mind was made up to move on from Young. C'est la vie. We have cap space so maybe we can sign someone to "replace" one of them in the offseason.Β 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't disagree. I wanted to get rid of only one of them. That said, the Sweat offer was probably just too good to not do, and I think their mind was made up to move on from Young. C'est la vie. We have cap space so maybe we can sign someone to "replace" one of them in the offseason.Β 

It looks a little better now that sweat got 4 years 98 million thats too much for him but the bears only redeeming quality right now is they have cap space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

It looks a little better now that sweat got 4 years 98 million thats too much for him but the bears only redeeming quality right now is they have cap space.

If I’m not mistaken, we might be top 4 in cap next year so it’ll be interesting to see what we do

God I love Jerry Jones. Please lived to be a 100!!! Please never change.Β 

When questioned on trade deadline inactivity...

Β 

Β 

β€œWe made our trading deadline before the season started,” Jones said. β€œThat’s why we traded for Stephon Gilmore, and that’s why we traded forΒ Brandin Cooks. Thank goodness we had the opportunity to get that trading deadline done back before we started the season.”

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If I’m not mistaken, we might be top 4 in cap next year so it’ll be interesting to see what we do

Makes sense with the new owners and probably a new staff coming in to not stick them with a bunch of deals outside the core guys.Β 
Β 

Still seem like they are turning over the staff after this year?

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

This made me realize Josh Sweat is on an absolute bargain of a contract right now.Β 

35 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Makes sense with the new owners and probably a new staff coming in to not stick them with a bunch of deals outside the core guys.Β 
Β 

Still seem like they are turning over the staff after this year?

Yeah I don’t see any way Ron survives after this year. I’d be shocked.Β 

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

God I love Jerry Jones. Please lived to be a 100!!! Please never change.Β 

When questioned on trade deadline inactivity...

Β 

Β 

Β 

It's just Jerry trying to save face. There are numerous reports that the cowboys were trying to acquire someone at the deadline from credible sources.

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Was he? Or did everyone just completely go overboard hyping Daboll up over the mirage that was 2022 Danny Dimes?

I says Daboll is a better coach because his resume before taking the job was 100x better than that of Judge. Daboll still managed to make Daniel Jones look competent for one year at least.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I legitimately feel embarrassed for Giants fans at this point.

It's amazing how in 2 1/2 months you can get that humbled, that quickly.Β 

That was 2011 for me. Everyone pumped up for Dream Team (πŸ–• Vince Young) only to πŸ’© the bed in complete and utter embarrassment.Β 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's amazing how in 2 1/2 months you can get that humbled, that quickly.Β 

That was 2011 for me. Everyone pumped up for Dream Team (πŸ–• Vince Young) only to πŸ’© the bed in complete and utter embarrassment.Β 

Who could have guessed that making Juan Castillo our DC would backfire?

• Like 2