🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835033-cowboys-rumors-more-progress-made-for-dak-prescott-contract-than-amari-cooper 

The Dallas Cowboys are reportedly working toward a contract extension with quarterback Dak Prescott that would "approach $30 million annually."

Clarence E. Hill Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported the update Tuesday and noted the Cowboys have made "more progress" toward a new deal with Prescott than with wide receiver Amari Cooper, whose demands have been "shockingly high."

Hill also noted the Cowboys "seem to be nonplussed" about making Prescott the highest-paid player in franchise history. Defensive end Demarcus Lawrence is the team's top-paid player after signing a five-year, $105 million contract in April.

giphy.gif

You get a weird amount of joy trying to down play a QB who would likely be the best one the Redskins have had in 20 years. 

We all knew he was going to push $30m. Im hoping the number starts with a 2. If it gets over $35, I think we should consider alternatives. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Git er dun, Jerruh! 

Resigning Dak, Cooper and Zeke will all but cripple them. Should be interesting. 

Maybe. Our drafting/talent development has been pretty superb and roster turn over is the name of the game. 

Edited by Matts4313

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You get a weird amount of joy trying to down play a QB who would likely be the best one the Redskins have had in 20 years. 

You get a weird amount of joy pimping a QB that hasn't even put up Kirk Cousins numbers.  

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe. Our drafting/talent development has been pretty superb and roster turn over is the name of the game. 

Has been pretty good recently, for sure. 

Paying 4 guys 80M (very roughly, I’m sure there will be some level of cap manipulation) annually is going to be a problem no matter how you look at it though. They’re going to have to make some tough decisions on young talent sooner than later. 

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You get a weird amount of joy pimping a QB that hasn't even put up Kirk Cousins numbers.  

This is a forum that thinks Wentz is top 5 and Dak is bottom 5. When they are both more likely bunched in the 8-12 range. I just like to point out to the homers the facts. 

PS - My favorite is that they call Dak "Captain Checkdown" when Wentz leads the NFL in passes less than 5 yards. 

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Has been pretty good recently, for sure. 

Paying 4 guys 80M (very roughly, I’m sure there will be some level of cap manipulation) annually is going to be a problem no matter how you look at it though. They’re going to have to make some tough decisions on young talent sooner than later. 

True. Its one of the reasons I think we should keep an open mind on trading Zeke. But lets not act like a team hasnt had high paid QB, WR, RB and DE before. It happens. 

My hope is we get them all extended now and the renegotiation of the CBA greatly increases the cap. 

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m not happy with that. If a mediocre QB like Dak gets that amount of money, we are screwed with Wentz extension. 

Mediocre Wentz is going to push $40m. Even worse, he is injury prone. 

The more Dak gets, the more the Eagles are screwed. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Mediocre Wentz is going to push $40m. Even worse, he is injury prone. 

The more Dak gets, the more the Eagles are screwed. 

Funny how you are so critical of one player and so forgiving of the other.

I agree with the second sentence though. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Funny how you are so critical of one player and so forgiving of the other.

I agree with the second sentence though. 

How so? 

You called Dak mediocre. Wentz and Dak are the same 'tier' QB. So I returned the favor. Truth be told I do think Wentz is slightly better, though much less durable. They are both in the 8-12 range though, so if one is mediocre they both are. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

How so? 

You called Dak mediocre. Wentz and Dak are the same 'tier' QB. So I returned the favor. Truth be told I do think Wentz is slightly better, though much less durable. They are both in the 8-12 range though, so if one is mediocre they both are. 

I didn´t know there was a favor to be returned. 

I think Matts is slightly overselling Dak, but a lot of you seem to be completely ignoring his positives. Dak is an above average QB all in all, not great, maybe not even very good. But based on the market, $28 Million AAV is still completely reasonable for Dak at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a forum that thinks Wentz is top 5 and Dak is bottom 5. When they are both more likely bunched in the 8-12 range. I just like to point out to the homers the facts. 

PS - My favorite is that they call Dak "Captain Checkdown" when Wentz leads the NFL in passes less than 5 yards. 

True. Its one of the reasons I think we should keep an open mind on trading Zeke. But lets not act like a team hasnt had high paid QB, WR, RB and DE before. It happens. 

My hope is we get them all extended now and the renegotiation of the CBA greatly increases the cap. 

I can’t recall a team paying top 3 (?) money to all 4 though. Factoring in trying to keep the OL in tact plus keeping an eye on Jones, Smith and Vander Esch. I think it’s more unique than common. Usually a team runs cheap somewhere. Young, cheap QB with expensive skill positions, expensive QB with rookie contract WRs and RBs, etc. Letting Amari walk, although unlikely considering the compensation given up, is probably your best bet. Trading Zeke would at least get you some value back. Interesting to see the next 12 months play out. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I can’t recall a team paying top 3 (?) money to all 4 though. Factoring in trying to keep the OL in tact plus keeping an eye on Jones, Smith and Vander Esch. I think it’s more unique than common. Usually a team runs cheap somewhere. Young, cheap QB with expensive skill positions, expensive QB with rookie contract WRs and RBs, etc. Letting Amari walk, although unlikely considering the compensation given up, is probably your best bet. Trading Zeke would at least get you some value back. Interesting to see the next 12 months play out. 

True. Its the downside of drafting and developing great players, eventually they all want top money. Some of these guys will be gone its the nature of the business. Our team sucks at trading, so I am not expecting a tremendous ROI. 

That said, a few names without looking anything up:

Manning, James, Wayne, Harrison, Freenis and Mathis

Manning and the Broncos (DT, Ware, Miller) is close

Ben, Bell, Brown and their expensive LB core

Maybe you are right. It is unique. I am still not 100% that we keep Zeke. He is still under contract for 2 more years. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

True. Its the downside of drafting and developing great players, eventually they all want top money. Some of these guys will be gone its the nature of the business. Our team sucks at trading, so I am not expecting a tremendous ROI. 

That said, a few names without looking anything up:

Manning, James, Wayne, Harrison, Freenis and Mathis

Manning and the Broncos (DT, Ware, Miller) is close

Ben, Bell, Brown and their expensive LB core

Maybe you are right. It is unique. I am still not 100% that we keep Zeke. He is still under contract for 2 more years. 

Also, things are always very liquid in the NFL. Bryant looked like he was going to be an NFC East problem for years and the two years later he’s out of the league. Guys become expendable pretty fast. Especially when you’re recruiting over them. Easily could find a good enough RB next year in the 3rd for instance and poof, Zeke has run his last down in Dallas.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I think Matts is slightly overselling Dak, but a lot of you seem to be completely ignoring his positives. Dak is an above average QB all in all, not great, maybe not even very good. But based on the market, $28 Million AAV is still completely reasonable for Dak at this point in time.

I don't see him taking them to a Super Bowl.  Ever.  So I would love them to hitch their wagon to him for a long time.  Him actually getting paid that money I don't really care about (good for him it will transform his family for generations).