🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I read the question. I knew what you asked. The Rams didnt win it, duh, but they made it there with "superstars" taking discounts. So it was relevant information. 

I didnt think I would have to break that down for you. It was a pretty simple use of deductive reasoning. 

The Pats have had many players take discounts over the years to chase a ring. The point was that it happens, which contradicts your argument. Was it always successful? No, of course not. But players do it from time to time. 

Hell Romo said he would take a $5m paycut if Murray would stay. Just another example off the top of my head. 

I think it's a little different with the one year deals getting discounted. Guys come to prove something, win and then cash out.

Pats have done it for years, Eagles have been doing it and the Rams are the newest to kinda stay on top of that system.

Not a ton of guys take a large discount for long term deals

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I read the question. I knew what you asked. The Rams didnt win it, duh, but they made it there with "superstars" taking discounts. So it was relevant information. 

I didnt think I would have to break that down for you. It was a pretty simple use of deductive reasoning. 

The Pats have had many players take discounts over the years to chase a ring. The point was that it happens, which contradicts your argument. Was it always successful? No, of course not. But players do it from time to time. 

Hell Romo said he would take a $5m paycut if Murray would stay. Just another example off the top of my head. 

What superstars,  Suh? The DT making top 5 money in 2018 on a one year deal? Donald who set the market? Gurley who set the market for RB?  What players? Horrible  example.

The Patriots let superstars walk or are traded year in and year out. The only singular player who took less on the open market over the past decade is the only man to my knowledge in the NFL, whose wife makes Millions upon millions more. He can do that. The vast majority,  Can't nor should they. Who else are you talking about that took discounts as a Patriot?

That's the point. Just like it was for Lawrence at DE. He didn't take a discount stop spewing that crap. He became  the 3rd highest paid DE in the NFL "in Dallas"! Just because  he might of made more elsewhere is moot.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/04/05/dallas-cowboys-demarcus-lawrence-agree-new-five-year-105m-deal

Asking the Trio of Dak who's  made nothing as a 4th rd pick, Cooper and Zeke to take less just to wear the Star in "Hope's of winning a SB down the line "potentially " leading to more Post NFL money / opportunities is absurd. A pipe dream. Wishful/hopeful  thinking on the Jones's part. Plan and simple.

Not saying its impossible to get done but Zeke is going to get DeMarco Murray'd IMO.  He should Emmitt Smith or Lev Bell the Cowboys because  outside of Lawrence,  He's the One Cowboy most deserving of a top $$ Contract.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Hell I forgot that La'el Collins, Jaylon Smith and Byron Jones are also on the last years of their rookie deals?

Plus Dak, Zeke  and Amari. 🤑🤑🤑

So glad they wasted the last 3 yrs with the 👏👏👏👏👏!!!

30 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hell I forgot that La'el Collins, Jaylon Smith and Byron Jones are also on the last years of their rookie deals?

Plus Dak, Zeke  and Amari. 🤑🤑🤑

So glad they wasted the last 3 yrs with the 👏👏👏👏👏!!!

@Kiltman @Jeezla

This is exactly the type of uninformed homerism that I was referring to in this forum. Its rampant. 

For the record, Zeke and Jaylon both have 2 more years. Collins was never in the cards to resign, and Jones probably isnt either. 

But yes, to your over arching point, we do draft and develop a lot of really good talent under the 👏👏👏👏👏!!!

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@Kiltman @Jeezla

This is exactly the type of uninformed homerism that I was referring to in this forum. Its rampant. 

For the record, Zeke and Jaylon both have 2 more years. Collins was never in the cards to resign, and Jones probably isnt either. 

But yes, to your over arching point, we do draft and develop a lot of really good talent under the 👏👏👏👏👏!!!

Does Jaylon have a RFA year right? he never came back that first year? or did he?

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Does Jaylon have a RFA year right? he never came back that first year? or did he?

Correct, he didnt play year one based on a "Non Football Injury" (since it happened in college). His rookie year did not accrue towards his contract. 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Correct, he didnt play year one based on a "Non Football Injury" (since it happened in college). His rookie year did not accrue towards his contract. 

good for you guys, they have shown their talent at drafting the last handful of years, a turnover from last decade where it was very hit or miss.
Will be interesting to see if SJ and co who control stuff can be way more tactful and shrewd with contracts and cap management than the old man was.

The mismanagement of cap and holding onto players sunk a lot of Romo's tenure. You guys should have been better (finish wise) then.

If they are smart they sign some of these guys early and get some discount. Like sign Jaylon midseason this year, he's only going to get better. 
Amari they should try and get done now, his stats are going to be so inflated this year with how much they target him.

If they stay on top of it they can juggle the numbers year to year and keep a lot of them together, do what Howie does and add some void years to every contract to spread out the bonuses.

Matty , does your tampon need to be changed?

Congrats, I wasn't aware of Jaylons accrued season and was going off a portion of NFL Live I was watching when discussing the litany of players coming up for extensions in Dallas before the post.

You going off on a Tizzy though just proves how much of a whiny little mitch you truly are. Congrats on proving that point, yet again.

Edited by Nabbs4u

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Matty , does your tampon need to be changed?

Congrats, I wasn't aware of Jaylons accrued season and was going off a portion of NFL Live I was watching when discussing the litany of players coming up for extensions in Dallas before the post.

You going off on a Tizzy though just proves how much of a whiny little mitch you truly are. Congrats on proving that point, yet again.

Its weird to me that you are an old *** man and this is how you talk. 

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Kiltman @Jeezla

I don´t disagree but you do more than your fair share of that rampant homerism but for your team and on a rival forum no less.

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t disagree but you do more than your fair share of that rampant homerism but for your team and on a rival forum no less.

I dont really think I am that homerish at all. I typically only state things that can be backed by facts or stats. 

Unless I am trolling, which I like to do to you guys sometimes. 

Pederson was willing to say that he was encouraged by how the quarterback is coming along. He would not say whether or not Wentz will be ready for full participation once organized team activities get underway on May 21. The 10 OTAs and June’s mandatory minicamp represent the final stage of work before the Eagles take a break ahead of training camp.

Back-to-back season-ending injuries for Wentz hasn’t dampened the team’s enthusiasm for signing him to a long-term deal, but there’s still plenty of interest inside and outside the organization in seeing how he’ll fare in his return from this issue.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/10/doug-pederson-wont-say-if-carson-wentz-will-be-ready-for-otas/