πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I'm not ignoring anything. From Falcons 17 to Titans 18 he played horrible. I fully admit that. I think I've shared that ad nauseum.

Β 

The other 32 games he has been pretty great though.

Maybe "ignoring them" wasn't the right phrase, but rather... treating them as an anomaly and solely due to things beyond his control. Blame Shifting? Vicariously not taking accountability? It'd be like Eagles fans saying Carson Wentz missing games doesn't matter at all. Both parties can move forward and say we expect the better case moving forward, but to act as if it's a non-issue is just lying to ourselves.Β 

Dak is Alex Smith in every way, shape, and form. I don't think Alex Smith was a bad QB at all. But you're not winning a SB with him, no matter how stacked the team is. There's nothing that would make any unbiased person say, "Man, this guy has the potential to be something great." He's cool under pressure and can make plays with his legs (like Alex Smith). But he's not putting the team on his back and winning shootouts (like Alex Smith).

Edited by Art_Vandalay

Just now, Art_Vandalay said:

Dak is Alex Smith in every way, shape, and form. I don't think Alex Smith was a bad QB at all. But you're not winning a SB with him, no matter how stacked the team is. There's nothing that would make any unbiased person say, "Man, this guy has the potential to be something great." He's cool under pressure and can make play with his legs (like Alex Smith). But he's not putting the team on his back and winning shootouts (like Alex Smith).

I want some more time to look over this moving forward.

The Eagles and Giants games in weeks 14 and 17 last year leave me somewhat open to consideration he may be somewhat more than Alex Smith, but it's not necessarily a horrible comparison though, but I guess I'm not ready to slap that label on him, but I see it on my desk and won't hesitate to do it some point this upcomming season.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

I want some more time to look over this moving forward.

The Eagles and Giants games in weeks 14 and 17 last year leave me somewhat open to consideration he may be somewhat more than Alex Smith, but it's not necessarily a horrible comparison though, but I guess I'm not ready to slap that label on him, but I see it on my desk and won't hesitate to do it some point this upcomming season.

I understand people hate Colin Cowherd, but jump to the 1:15 mark. He makes solid points...

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1424223299986

24 minutes ago, Danger said:

Matts is right, there are a variety of valid criticisms you can point to at Dak throughout his career, but being a 1 read QB is not one of them. Captain Checkdown, Mental Midgit, and being unwilling to make the tight windowed throw are all the three that I would say are the most prominent, though not all are happening concurrently.

Being a bit hyperbolic, because I'm tired of the argument honestly.

He doesn't read the defense or the field very well and locks on to guys is a more nuanced way of putting it.

It's just the same every time, take dak in these 5 games, and he's clearly better...but skip that week in the middle because Zeke did this, or this olineman was hurt, or whatever excuse there is. The way some people talk about Dak is like he's a Megazord and needs all these other pieces to be anything. We need wideouts playing well, Zeke healthy, OL with all five guys playing all-pro, defense getting to the QB, Kickers doing their job...man when that happens it's morphin time baby.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I understand people hate Colin Cowherd, but jump to the 1:15 mark. He makes solid points...

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1424223299986

I like Colin, he drums up Philly a lot because it's good for his numbers, but as far as national takesmen...he usually has a good sports centric argument.

I mean I've come to appreciate all the takesmen for what they are, as long as you don't take sports too seriously it's fun watching them work.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Being a bit hyperbolic, because I'm tired of the argument honestly.

He doesn't read the defense or the field very well and locks on to guys is a more nuanced way of putting it.

It's just the same every time, take dak in these 5 games, and he's clearly better...but skip that week in the middle because Zeke did this, or this olineman was hurt, or whatever excuse there is. The way some people talk about Dak is like he's a Megazord and needs all these other pieces to be anything. We need wideouts playing well, Zeke healthy, OL with all five guys playing all-pro, defense getting to the QB, Kickers doing their job...man when that happens it's morphin time baby.

Nobody is doing that though. It's a straight 16 games consecutively that coincide with PFF ranking us 28th in pass blocking and the NFL ranking us 32 in wr separation.

People give Josh Rosen a pass because he was surrounded by trash.

Both Daks OL and WR were rated worse over those 16 consecutive games.Β 

His pressure rate more than doubled. It was highest in the NFL.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I like Colin, he drums up Philly a lot because it's good for his numbers, but as far as national takesmen...he usually has a good sports centric argument.

I mean I've come to appreciate all the takesmen for what they are, as long as you don't take sports too seriously it's fun watching them work.

Outside of Skip talking Cowboys, yeah they get too much hate.

Skip is just the most annoyingly blatant and force hype man for any 1 franchise around. He does it just for the ratings and it's painstakingly obvious. He doesn't believe half the things that come out of his mouth, he's just being the mouth piece for the Cowboys fans who don't care to look at things objectively.Β 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nobody is doing that though. It's a straight 16 games consecutively that coincide with PFF ranking us 28th in pass blocking and the NFL ranking us 32 in wr separation.

People give Josh Rosen a pass because he was surrounded by trash.

Both Daks OL and WR were rated worse over those 16 consecutive games.Β 

His pressure rate more than doubled. It was highest in the NFL.Β 

giphy.gif

Β 

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Skip is just the most annoyingly blatant and force hype man for any 1 franchise around. He does it just for the ratings and it's painstakingly obvious. He doesn't believe half the things that come out of his mouth, he's just being the mouth piece for the Cowboys fans who don't care to look at things objectively.Β 

For the record, Skip has already stated he is not actually a cowboys fan. In fact, Jerry got him fired from the Dallas media and blacklisted

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's great at moving the goalposts and setting up his takes, I respect it.Β 

There are bad takesmen out there for sure, or ones that are kinda phony.

But the good ones are fun to follow

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

For Dak's sake, they'd better retain Amari Cooper. He's been awful without him.

Yeah he's a perfect fit for that offense, gets quick separation with route running.Β 
if they can't or won't sign him it'll be really bad if they are stuck with Dak and Zeke getting top dollar
Wonder what "Shockingly High" is to them

Β