πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

54 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe you are right. It is unique. I am still not 100% that we keep Zeke. He is still under contract for 2 more years.Β 

See this is why I thought Zeke was always a bad pick.Β  His position just isn't worth that second contract.Β Β 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

See this is why I thought Zeke was always a bad pick.Β  His position just isn't worth that second contract.Β Β 

Zeke was an "all in" move when we thought we had all the other pieces. It was a tough choice then, but there was logic behind it at the time.Β 

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't see him taking them to a Super Bowl.Β  Ever.Β Β 

Dak is one of the most efficient and highly productive young QBs in the NFL. He is also clutch as hell and comes up big in big games.

What makes you say that he cant win a superbowl?Β 

The Cowboys are more than capable of resigning all of Dak, Zeke, and Amari Cooper.

Assuming traditional contract weighting of slightly heavier on the backend.

Dak ~$25-27 Million year 1
Zeke ~$13-14 Million year 1
Amari ~$15-17 Million year 1

Total ~$53-58 Million year 1
Cap space they have in 2020: $84 Million, as of this moment.

They have no issues bringing them all back if they want to.

Edited by Danger

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak is one of the most efficient and highly productive young QBs in the NFL. He is also clutch as hell and comes up big in big games.

Dude Derek Carr threw for more yards and had a higher completion % last year.Β  I don't see anyone saying they want to pay Derek Carr $30+ mil a year and thinking he'll take anyone to a Super Bowl.Β Β 

Clutch as hell?Β  He's 1-2 in the playoffs and has surpassed 300+ yards passing in one of those games.Β Β 

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Biggest thing standing in his way is his HC, system.

The one read attack works during the year. But come playoffs when things get tightened...we’ve seen it unravel a lot.

also Dak isn’t Cpt Checkdown so much. I mean yes he aims a good deal behindΒ the sticks on average. But it’s the fact he can’t read a field that we dog him about.

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude Derek Carr threw for more yards and had a higher completion % last year.Β  I don't see anyone saying they want to pay Derek Carr $30+ mil a year and thinking he'll take anyone to a Super Bowl.Β Β 

Clutch as hell?Β  He's 1-2 in the playoffs and has surpassed 300+ yards passing in one of those games.Β Β 

I wont rehash the argument, but up until we got cooper our WRs were rated dead last in the NFL for getting open. Our OL was almost dead last in pass blocking. You can ignore the facts, but you look ridiculous doing it.Β 

After the Cooper trade, Dak was top 10 in: YPG, Yards, YPA, TD, INT, Passer rating, Completion % and Wins.Β 

Those are facts.Β 

Secondly, passing for 300 yards is arbitrary and has *0%* correlation to winning. So that is another ridiculous argument.Β 

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The one read attack works during the year. But come playoffs when things get tightened...we’ve seen it unravel a lot.

also Dak isn’t Cpt Checkdown so much. I mean yes he aims a good deal behindΒ the sticks on average. But it’s the fact he can’t read a field that we dog him about.

One read? Dak? Where do you come up with this stuff?Β 

Edited by Matts4313

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Secondly, passing for 300 yards is arbitrary and has *0%* correlation to winning. So that is another ridiculous argument.Β 

YPG isn't a very telling statistic when it comes to team performance

Wentz: 229 (7-9)
Dak: 236 (13-3)

Wentz: 254 (11-2)
Dak: 208 (9-7)

Wentz: 279 (5-6)
Dak: 243 (10-6)

2018 QB Win % vs YPG

JsjAozS.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

One read? Dak? Where do you come up with this stuff?Β 

Eyeballs, tape...

”it’s not much, but they’re honest sources”

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Eyeballs, tape...

”it’s not much, but they’re honest sources”

Both Matts and you guys are cherry picking your argument from points in time that fit your respective narratives.

Dak improved as the season went on, statistically and through the eye test. He started making more impressive throws and throws further down field.
Matts however is basically just completely ignoring that Dak has quite recently been one of the worst QBs in the NFL for a good stretch of time, and while he has improved that doesn't mean that he's always going to be the level of QB you saw in the latter half of the season.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Eyeballs, tape...

”it’s not much, but they’re honest source

Out of all the critiques of Dak, being a one read QB has never been one of them. In fact, it's almost always the opposite. That he holds the ball to long going through progressions. Or that he abandons his first read because he can't anticipate throws.Β 

Β 

Why do you think our slot gets so many targets? That is almost always the 3/4th read.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Both Matts and you guys are cherry picking your argument from points in time that fit your respective narratives.

Dak improved as the season went on, statistically and through the eye test. He started making more impressive throws and throws further down field.
Matts however is basically just completely ignoring that Dak has quite recently been one of the worst QBs in the NFL for a good stretch of time, and while he has improved that doesn't mean that he's always going to be the level of QB you saw in the latter half of the season.

I'm not ignoring anything. From Falcons 17 to Titans 18 he played horrible. I fully admit that. I think I've shared that ad nauseum.

Β 

The other 32 games he has been pretty great though.

Matts is right, there are a variety of valid criticisms you can point to at Dak throughout his career, but being a 1 read QB is not one of them. Captain Checkdown, Mental Midgit, and being unwilling to make the tight windowed throw are all the three that I would say are the most prominent, though not all are happening concurrently.