πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

10 hours ago, Jeezla said:

LVE clearly wins best off-ball LB, but #2 lb would be a good debate.Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean who else is there realistically outside of LVE and Nigel?

Sean Lee is now a Sam. Jaylon plays all 3.Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Sean Lee is now a Sam. Jaylon plays all 3.Β 

Going off of what Cowboys fans were saying Sean Lee is a shell of his former self. I don't know much about Jaylon about I've been hearing a lot of him the past week all of a sudden, so yes he did escape me.

45 minutes ago, Danger said:

Going off of what Cowboys fans were saying Sean Lee is a shell of his former self. I don't know much about Jaylon about I've been hearing a lot of him the past week all of a sudden, so yes he did escape me.

Lee only played a handful of games last year, and one of them was terrible. Lee admitted it was his worst game of his career. He never really had a chance to recover due to injury and subsequent benching for LVE. Its probably a bit premature to say he is a shell of himself.Β Β 

Jaylon is arguably our best linebacker.Β 

On 5/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, Kiltman said:

Yeah he's a perfect fit for that offense, gets quick separation with route running.Β 
if they can't or won't sign him it'll be really bad if they are stuck with Dak and Zeke getting top dollar
Wonder what "Shockingly High" is to them

Β 

FRISCO - It's a juicy and troublesome story that suggests big problems in the contract extension talks betweenΒ Amari CooperΒ and the Dallas Cowboys. The juicy and troublesome story: That the receiver's "contractΒ demands were deemed shockingly high'' by the Cowboys.

But the truth is far less juicy and far less troublesome. The Cowboys are not at all shocked by Cooper's contract proposal. And why not?

"Because,'' said a source close to the negotiations, "the Cowboys have not yet received a contract proposal fromΒ Amari Cooper.''

Oh.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Sources-Amari-Cooper-shockingly-high-Cowboys-contract-demand-never-happened-131890361/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

cool cool then, if true

The lack of integrity with "journalist" is pretty disturbing. Cant really trust anyone.

Speaking of which - what ever happened with the Wentz V Eagles doctor/medical record battle? Was that all a bunch of BS as well?

Evidently the only thing the Cowboys need to Win SB's is for them not to take Max contracts.

Β 

"As I told DeMarcus Lawrence, and I'll tell all three of these guys: I'd love for you to max out and give you exactly what you want, because y'all have worked hard and you deserve to have a big contract. But if we want to put together the type of team we want to have with the Cowboys ...," Jones said Wednesday at the team's annual sponsor's golf tournament at Cowboys Golf Club.

"That's not their job. It's not their job to manage the cap; I understand that. But it is my job and [owner Jerry Jones'] job, so they will understand why we're negotiating hard to make the very best deal we can. Because the money, if we can talk them into not maxing outΒ β€”Β doing well, but not maxedΒ β€”then that allows us to have other good football players around them."

You look at the TV booths, and you look at what these players do off the field," Jones said. "If we can put Super Bowl rings on these guys, then they'll be legends around this area for many, many, many years to come. What they give up a little bit in their contract, they should be able to invest in being a Cowboy and making our teams better.

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

cool cool then, if true (247 is usually trash, so not sure how reputable the writer is for breaking stories)

247 is good for College Recruiting, elsewise, they aren't worth paying much attention to.

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The lack of integrity with "journalist" is pretty disturbing. Cant really trust anyone.

Speaking of which - what ever happened with the Wentz V Eagles doctor/medical record battle? Was that all a bunch of BS as well?

Who knows. If it was something we haven't really heard anything about it. Either swept under the rug, or water under the bridge. Doesn't seem to be an issue nowadays.

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Evidently the only thing the Cowboys need to Win SB's is for them not to take Max contracts.

Β 

"As I told DeMarcus Lawrence, and I'll tell all three of these guys: I'd love for you to max out and give you exactly what you want, because y'all have worked hard and you deserve to have a big contract. But if we want to put together the type of team we want to have with the Cowboys ...," Jones said Wednesday at the team's annual sponsor's golf tournament at Cowboys Golf Club.

"That's not their job. It's not their job to manage the cap; I understand that. But it is my job and [owner Jerry Jones'] job, so they will understand why we're negotiating hard to make the very best deal we can. Because the money, if we can talk them into not maxing outΒ β€”Β doing well, but not maxedΒ β€”then that allows us to have other good football players around them."

You look at the TV booths, and you look at what these players do off the field," Jones said. "If we can put Super Bowl rings on these guys, then they'll be legends around this area for many, many, many years to come. What they give up a little bit in their contract, they should be able to invest in being a Cowboy and making our teams better.

The take itself is accurate. I'm sure most owners would love to give their star players the world, but they can't due to the cap. Some players understand that, others don't care.Β 

Side note: Cliff Lee is probably my favorite Phillie of all time because he turned down a bigger contract from the Yankees to return to Philly "What's the difference between $120M and $140M?" He knows he's gonna be stupid rich anyways, he liked it and how the fan base embraced him.Β 

• Like 1