Bryan Bulaga injures ankle, Murphy slots in at RT

CentralFC

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Looks like "sprained ankle" for Bulaga. MRI must have been negative. "Will be evaluated Week 1." - Demovsky.

EVALUATED week one? Seems weird. Oh wait, it's shenanigans.

Big Bulaga will be ready to go week one. Does anyone seriously think he'll miss a start against Seattle? lol. 

Shutdown performance incoming.

Packers in a rout at home, 38-23, week one. 

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Murphy didn't allow any pressures in the game against Washington, that's encouraging. 

Agree. Pleasantly surprised with him. Had a gut feeling he would be a steal when most folks here said he was worthless and played like crap at Stanford his last season. All that said, there was plenty to work with. I would be in his corner as far as being confident if he had to step into the fire week one.

1 minute ago, CentralFC said:

Agree. Pleasantly surprised with him. Had a gut feeling he would be a steal when most folks here said he was worthless and played like crap at Stanford his last season. All that said, there was plenty to work with. I would be in his corner as far as being confident if he had to step into the fire week one.

Think the knock was he wasn't really athletic, but his size is very nice, and he said that his explosiveness off the snap is much better which is good playing Tackle, but he can also play Guard, so that's good.

Well you still have to get Rodgers warmed up. If he starts getting hit, you gotta sit him right? Von Miller is the Broncos best player, wonder how long he will play. Bennett helping block, which is something he have not had for a while should help out a ton.

Murphy was golden when he had a TE or two working next to him. This is a prime opportunity for him to show us what he has at this point. I'd love to see him get plenty of reps during the 4th quarter of our impending blowout win against the Bears early in the season...

On 8/24/2017 at 8:26 AM, vegas492 said:

I've got no updates, but I've always liked Murphy as a RT.  I truly hope that BB returns for the opener, but I'm also excited to see Murphy get reps with the first team.

Seriously, the man probably has a unibrow and if that isn't the look of a right tackle, well, then I don't know what is.... :)2978275.png&w=350&h=254

Look at that face! He has to be good right? 

Is it just me, or does Bulaga seem to be constantly dinged up?

Also, I think we need to give Spriggs some more time as we do Kyle Murphy. It took Lane Taylor 3 seasons to become a viable starter.

27 minutes ago, Joe said:

Is it just me, or does Bulaga seem to be constantly dinged up?

Also, I think we need to give Spriggs some more time as we do Kyle Murphy. It took Lane Taylor 3 seasons to become a viable starter.

I agree to a point. Spriggs should not be this bad in year two after coming from a Big Ten school and a second round pick who also had projections of maybe going higher. 

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I agree to a point. Spriggs should not be this bad in year two after coming from a Big Ten school and a second round pick who also had projections of maybe going higher. 

Yeah nobody saw this Spriggs coming, maybe its in his head or something.

Archived