Bryan Bulaga injures ankle, Murphy slots in at RT

CentralFC

Deserves its own thread for two reasons. 

Major one is Bulaga being down. One of the most underrated and valuable players on our team. 

Two is Murphy slotting in at RT instead of Spriggs. 

Please post any updates as they come in. 

I've got no updates, but I've always liked Murphy as a RT.  I truly hope that BB returns for the opener, but I'm also excited to see Murphy get reps with the first team.

Seriously, the man probably has a unibrow and if that isn't the look of a right tackle, well, then I don't know what is.... :)2978275.png&w=350&h=254

I think it is our only position on the oline where GB can absorb an injury.

LT-Nothing,Spriggs is a huge drop-off and liability

LG-Injured Barclay, Bulaga?

C-Injured Barclay

RG-Injured Barclay, Bulaga?

RT-Murphy, Spriggs

Yeah you might be right. 

Have to hope it's something that keeps him out until Seattle. Would prefer to not have to throw Kyle into the fire on opening week. 

Bulaga has one of the strongest histories on the team of returning from and playing through injuries. Let's hope it continues.

These are the types of injuries I can live with.  It would suck to not have Bulaga against Seattle, but I'd rather miss him against Seattle than have him against Seattle and miss him for the playoffs. 

We traded right in front of the Bears for Spriggs.  Think we could fool them into trading a second round pick for him now? 

Murphy played well against Washington, certainly a lot better than Spriggs, and I'm glad he is getting the opportunity to replace Bulaga, he deserves it. This will be a great test for him this weekend against Denver seeing the likes of Von Miller and possibly Derek Wolfe.

3 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Murphy played well against Washington, certainly a lot better than Spriggs, and I'm glad he is getting the opportunity to replace Bulaga, he deserves it. This will be a great test for him this weekend against Denver seeing the likes of Von Miller and possibly Derek Wolfe.

Agreed. Nice opportunity in advance of Week 1.

I hadn't seen this before.  What kind of ankle injury did he sustain?  A sprain?  Low or high?  Or was it a fracture?  If it is your garden variety sprain he should be okay in a few weeks.  From what we hear high sprains are a devil to heal quickly.  Fractures can take 6 - 8 weeks.

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

These are the types of injuries I can live with.  It would suck to not have Bulaga against Seattle, but I'd rather miss him against Seattle than have him against Seattle and miss him for the playoffs. 

We traded right in front of the Bears for Spriggs.  Think we could fool them into trading a second round pick for him now? 

The gave Leno a big contract yesterday.

50 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I hadn't seen this before.  What kind of ankle injury did he sustain?  A sprain?  Low or high?  Or was it a fracture?  If it is your garden variety sprain he should be okay in a few weeks.  From what we hear high sprains are a devil to heal quickly.  Fractures can take 6 - 8 weeks.

X-ray came back clean and now their awaiting MRI results, MM doesn't sound too concerned though. Hopefully he will be ready for Week 1. 

Bryan Bulaga said he's "not too concerned" about his injured right ankle. He's still waiting for MRI results but X-rays showed no issues and he's optimistic for the Sept. 10 opener.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

All in all, sounds encouraging on Bulaga. Looks like him not playing will affect how long Rodgers plays which makes sense, obviously

Bulaga’s injury could alter McCarthy’s plan for Rodgers, considering the coach never likes to put his quarterback in preseason games without the regular starting offensive line.

“We’ll talk about it,” McCarthy said. “I want to make sure we get all the information."

Archived