Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

This is a dead serious, non trolling question. Granted the situations are different because we got a team back, i'm curious as to why STL Fans are still rooting for the Rams in LA. I remember having such hatred for Modell for moving the team. I'm just surprised some people could still root for a Kroenke team after what that POS did. I would love some thoughts on this because it fascinates me. I'd like to think i couldn't do it, but again the situations are different. 

15 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can only imagine what your post said before you edited it.

I will. I enjoy spending time wirh my kids. Look i wish fans of these teams the best. I just dont have any emotional interest in the outcome. 

Cool. You don't need to keep telling us that. We trust you.

14 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

This is a dead serious, non trolling question. Granted the situations are different because we got a team back, i'm curious as to why STL Fans are still rooting for the Rams in LA. I remember having such hatred for Modell for moving the team. I'm just surprised some people could still root for a Kroenke team after what that POS did. I would love some thoughts on this because it fascinates me. I'd like to think i couldn't do it, but again the situations are different. 

A loooooooooooot of StL fans hate the Rams. I would think the majority. But, I think it is a little different than just moving. LA was the Rams home for the majority of their years in existence.

A better comparison I think would be if someone bought the OKC Thunder and moved them back to Seattle. Would they still be fans? I'm sure while most would hate them, there would be some carryover. 

EDIT: Disclaimer, I'm from Orange County and my area family loved the Rams. The Rams moved when I was 1.5, but had family stick with them. Most fell off but I grew up loving them with my grandparents so I was more than excited to see them move back

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Can only imagine what your post said before you edited it.

I will. I enjoy spending time wirh my kids. Look i wish fans of these teams the best. I just dont have any emotional interest in the outcome. 

I had an "lol" at the end and decided to delete it. Edgy, I know.

I didn't know one needed to have an emotional investment in a sporting event in order to enjoy it. The entertainment value is often enough for me, but everyone is different.

22 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

7 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

A loooooooooooot of StL fans hate the Rams. I would think the majority. But, I think it is a little different than just moving. LA was the Rams home for the majority of their years in existence.

A better comparison I think would be if someone bought the OKC Thunder and moved them back to Seattle. Would they still be fans? I'm sure while most would hate them, there would be some carryover. 

EDIT: Disclaimer, I'm from Orange County and my area family loved the Rams. The Rams moved when I was 1.5, but had family stick with them. Most fell off but I grew up loving them with my grandparents so I was more than excited to see them move back

https://sports.yahoo.com/st-louis-nightmare-super-bowl-everybody-hates-rams-190624567.html

43 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

From STL, still love the Rams. It helped that I moved out of STL in 2014 and was in college from 2009-2014. I went to quite a few games a year growing up but the last 6 years the Rams were in STL I was watching on the TV anyway. To me, there isn't much of a difference now that they moved. I still watch the games on the TV. I was angry at Kroenke (still think he is pathetic) because of his Missouri roots but ultimately I still love the team and it's who I rooted for for 15+ years. It may have been different if they re-branded themselves and changed their name but as a fan the move had little affect on me from a fan experience.

3 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Perhaps why some of us still rooted for them after they were moved to St Louis? Because we love the team and the players in spite of the owner. 

12 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

There are quite a few of us who never lived in STL or LA.

For me there is two levels of fandom - local and team. 

I live in Ohio - my local fandom is for the Cavs, Indians and Ohio State - if they somehow moved away, I would no longer be fans of these teams. But I also don't really spend much time thinking or caring about them except for when I'm watching them play. I try not to miss OSU games, since there are only 12-14 of them a year. But I don't even try to watch the Cavs and Indians anymore consistently (have a 7 month old now).

Now if the Rams had gotten rid of the history like the Oilers-Titans or Browns-Ravens - that's where my fandom would end. But where they play doesn't matter to me, and I've never understood how people could invest so much into a team only to abandon them when they move.

Despite the fact that my family has always lived in Ohio, my dad became a Rams fan in the 60s and we've never looked back. Although ironically the Rams did actually start in Ohio...but that was well before my Dad was even born.

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Perhaps why some of us still rooted for them after they were moved to St Louis? Because we love the team and the players in spite of the owner. 

Yeah I just expect anyone as rich as any NFL owner to be an *** who doesn't care about me, or anyone like me. I live no where near Stl or LA so I obviously don't count in the question, but if you were a hardcore die hard fan and you stopped cheering for them because some rich *** hole does what rich *** holes do.... I just don't know what to tell yah.

15 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

I was born just outside of STL and most of my family is still there. My immediate family and I moved to Florida when I was very young. The Rams moved to STL and I fell in love with them since I had family back there. When they moved back to LA, it wasn't my favorite thing, but there was never a doubt I would follow them. I couldn't be a die hard fan from '02-'14, all of those terrible years, and just lose passion. It was probably easier for me since I didn't live in STL. If anything, I felt as though they received more publicity in the first year back in LA than they did from '02-'14. The guys on the team were and still are "my guys." It would be weird to just stop and root for another team or no team at all.

Archived