Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

You don't think it has anything to do with the looks he was seeing?

Partly absolutely. And partly I think he performed extremely poorly. Like I said in my initial comments on this subject I'm not taking anything away from the Patriots defense because they played really well. To act as though they were not a major factor would be naive but to act like Jared Goff wasn't also a factor and how that offense performed is equally naive.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Partly absolutely. And partly I think he performed extremely poorly. Like I said in my initial comments on this subject I'm not taking anything away from the Patriots defense because they played really well. To act as though they were not a major factor would be naive but to act like Jared Goff wasn't also a factor and how that offense performed is equally naive.

But your comment about Belichick not schooling McVay seems silly given they scored about 33ppg and only managed a field goal in this one... That's a pretty big difference. Seems to me that you are taking away from Belichick in attempt to put down Goff. 

2 hours ago, kramxel said:

Never really understood why Goff gets so much bad rep, every time he doesn't look amazing..... people seem to forget there's a middle ground when evaluating his lowlights.

He's an amazing young QB that will only get better with age. A lot of the top tier QBs today also needed a lot of hand-holding from their coaches at the start of their careers.

Nah, he sucks. McVay and the run game make him look better than he really is. He played scared all night long.

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

But your comment about Belichick not schooling McVay seems silly given they scored about 33ppg and only managed a field goal in this one... That's a pretty big difference. Seems to me that you are taking away from Belichick in attempt to put down Goff. 

What I'm saying is I think that the phrase Bill Belichick schooled Sean McVay in a game that was 13 to 3 is a bit of an overreaction that's really all I'm saying.

As far as putting down Jared Goff I'm not putting him down I'm calling it like it is. If you can honestly look at that game endow me he didn't play poorly I think you're naive or you maybe you just watched the highlights and not the actual game. I got that Bill Belichick used a very good strategy on how to get Jared Goff off of his game and that is fine but when Jared Goff had opportunities he failed to take advantage of them. He found the New England Patriots defense with holes in it at times and failed to properly time his throws or properly Target receivers. We have seen this season a few times what are the Patriots have found themselves out of position and it happened last night but the quarterback for the Rams was not good enough to take advantage of it.

Just now, wwhickok said:

What I'm saying is I think that the phrase Bill Belichick schooled Sean McVay in a game that was 13 to 3 is a bit of an overreaction that's really all I'm saying

Why? Quoting the score makes me think it even more, really. 30 points below their season average. Over 4 touchdowns below their season average. I'm more perplexed that you don't think Belichick over McVay was the main key to the game.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Why? Quoting the score makes me think it even more, really. 30 points below their season average. Over 4 touchdowns below their season average. I'm more perplexed that you don't think Belichick over McVay was the main key to the game.

Then I mean it’s not far off to say Wade Phillips schooled Brady and McDaniels right?

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I think the main key to this game was execution on the field by the players. I believe that Sean McVay called offensive play that we're good enough for a better quarterback to win the game. I also believe that Bill Belichick called a defense of game that was good enough to dominate and opposing offense. The word schooled makes it seem like it was some kind of blow out and let's be honest it wasn't even close to that.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Then I mean it’s not far off to say Wade Phillips schooled Brady and McDaniels right?

Not even sure if I agree with that just because of my perception of the word Schooled.

But Wade Phillips call a game plan defensively that was good enough to win this game sadly the LA Rams offense namely Jared Goff was like a deer in headlights and could not perform up to the standard of an NFL quarterback who's actually started more than one game and therefore it didn't matter how well the Rams defense played

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

It wouldn't make as much sense, but sure, if you wanted to. Certainly bent but didn't break but the Pats also had more yards than they averaged during the season, ran better than they usually do, were at about the season average for passing yards... the rams were below on all of their numbers. 

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think the main key to this game was execution on the field by the players. I believe that Sean McVay called offensive play that we're good enough for a better quarterback to win the game. I also believe that Bill Belichick called a defense of game that was good enough to dominate and opposing offense. The word schooled makes it seem like it was some kind of blow out and let's be honest it wasn't even close to that.

It wasn't a blowout because the Rams defense made timely plays and Pats missed opportunities themselves but in regards to the offensive numbers, I would consider it pretty bad and I think it'd be discrediting Belichick to claim it was just Goff being a bad quarterback 

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

It wouldn't make as much sense, but sure, if you wanted to. Certainly bent but didn't break but the Pats also had more yards than they averaged during the season, ran better than they usually do, were at about the season average for passing yards... the rams were below on all of their numbers. 

Patriots certainly had a lot of 3 and outs. And only ever made it to the red zone once throughout the game. Rams never were the defense that’d shut you down. Maybe that was the plan all along. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

It wasn't a blowout because the Rams defense made timely plays and Pats missed opportunities themselves but in regards to the offensive numbers, I would consider it pretty bad and I think it'd be discrediting Belichick to claim it was just Goff being a bad quarterback 

I agree with that which is why I have yet to do that. That quote that you just made shows that you didn't actually read everything that I said. Because I said multiple times that I feel that Bill Belichick and this defense did an excellent job but I feel that in some ways Jared Goff played an equal part in limiting the Rams offense. What I'm saying is Bill Belichick and his defense were already doing a great job and then on top of that Jared Goff played very poorly went even further limited that offense and its ability to score points. I had no point said that the only reason that the defense was able to keep this Rams offense the three points was because Jared Goff played poorly. I did argue that it's possible a better quarterback could have made it a more competitive game but that is not a foregone conclusion I obviously in no one else obviously as any way to know that because the people involved in this game we're in fact the people involved in this game and that's all we can base it on truly. I never said the only reason the Rams offense was poor is because of Jared Goff I never said that

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Patriots certainly had a lot of 3 and outs. And only ever made it to the red zone once throughout the game. Rams never were the defense that’d shut you down. 

I think at the end of the game it came down to which team had more energy left on defense. I think both defenses were extremely tired but I think the Rams who really spent a lot more time defensively on the field I think anyway I'm not sure what the time of possession actually was, they just didn't have anything left in the end of that game to keep the Patriots from getting into the red zone and Tom Brady made his best throws on that drive

Archived