Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

Just now, Forge said:

I was waiting to see them to post and tag you as well, so feel free on the "I told you so front" LOL

I am actually pretty surprised given the conference championship numbers. 

It's part Patriots fatigue, part outrage over the Rams/Saints results. I mean, an entire state basically tuned out in Louisiana. That's going to impact numbers. Team that up with people getting tired of Brady and you'll get a weaker turnout than usual.

51 minutes ago, showtime said:

The only reason I bought up Edelman is because he was barred from winning regular season awards and making the pro bowl.  I heard someone bring up today on the radio, why should he be allowed to win a super bowl MVP in the same year he was suspended for cheating and was barred from winning every other award.

I don't have anything against Edelman, I was just making conversation and wanting to get more input on it since I've never heard that argument outside of today.

Wasn’t Brady suspended 4 games the year they beat the Falcons? I thought he got MVP and I don’t really remember this discussion coming up.

Bellichicks game planning yesterday was the most amazing thing i’ve ever seen. He game planned for literally every possible thing you can think of. Probably worked 19 hour days, don’t think you guys realize how time consuming a performance like that was. He had an answer for everything at every moment. 

Yesterday I would of been totally fine with a coach getting SB MVP. 

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Patriots cheated. They played defense. I was assured that no defense would be played this year.

I think at some points he did. On that play, he didn't. He read the coverage correctly. But he also caught the blown coverage and threw it as soon as he could. If the coverage were played correctly, he has to hit the checkdown. But he saw Cooks coming free and throw his hands up. He immediately reset and stepped into the throw. McCourty simply made a phenomenal play. And Cooks simply failed to make the superhuman play we needed. 

After looking at the play again it looked like a Cover 3 look initially that turned into quarters post snap, but then D McCourty chased Woods on the crosser, as did (I think) Jones, and Gilmore was already over there. Looks like blown coverage by Jones or D McCourty, most likely McCourty. I think there's a chance they were both reading Goff's eyes and thinking he would go with Woods on the quick PA strike and they wanted to jump it. Kudos to Goff for not throwing it there and adjusting to throw to Cooks, and kudos to J.McCourty on the breakup.

25 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Doug Pederson is 2-0 vs Sean McVay 3-0 vs the Falcons and 1-0 vs Belichick. 

If everyone is back healthy.. it's clear the Eagles will run the conference. 

Wentz was trailing by 7pts when he left the Rams game in 2017. So he was losing to Goff and McVay. I love Wentz but he holds on to the ball way too long and if you do that against Donald and the Rams defense you are going be in for a long day. 

I do think and hope we see a healthy and steady dose of Rams v Eagles for many years to come. Maybe people will start to get Goff v Wentz fatigue lol. 

Ill say this, Goff and McVay is catching it today and rightfully so but McVay is the youngest coach to coach in the Superbowl and Goff is the youngest QB to be start in the Superbowl. That is a scary thing because we look at a guy like Peyton who it took what 8yrs to make it to his first Superbowl. Can you imagine if Peyton played in his first Superbowl 3yrs into the league? Thats early and valuable experience for Goff and McVay who looks to be tied to the hip for the next decade plus. Now nobody can say they dont know how to deal with a Superbowl run. Nobody can say they dont know how to play on the road in the playoffs. Nobody can say they dont know how to be the hunted because they were all season long. McVay can deal with a locker room full of "strong personalities" and bring them together. 

Its funny because nobody wouldve every thought that Wentz would have ZERO playoff starts entering his 4th season and Goff has a Superbowl starting experience. But I do look for these two QBs and teams to battle it out for many years to come and I cant wait for it to hopefully start as soon as the 2019 season. 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Who is the better Super Bowl QB- Jared Goff or Trey Burton? 🧐

I really thought this Eagles trash talk was going to die when Alshon Jeffrey doinked that pass right to Lattimore.

Very upsetting that it's not...

21 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

After looking at the play again it was a Cover 3 look initially that turned into quarters post snap, but then D McCourty chased Woods on the crosser, as did (I think) Jones, and Gilmore was already over there. Looks like blown coverage by Jones or D McCourty, most likely McCourty. I think there's a chance they were both reading Goff's eyes and thinking he would go with Woods on the quick PA strike and they wanted to jump it. Kudos to Goff for not throwing it there and adjusting to throw to Cooks, and kudos to J.McCourty on the breakup.

Yeah, I'd have to see the coach's film to know for sure. It was definitely being sold as C-3 pre-snap. Regardless, it looked to me like Goff didn't wait long to get rid of the ball.

Archived