Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

On 2/5/2019 at 10:07 PM, showtime said:

With as badly as Goff struggled, why didn't the Rams run the ball?  I get that Gurley was hurt, but why didn't he get more touches... or even CJ Anderson get more touches.  It's not like the Rams were down by 3 TD's and they were forced to throw the ball.

I felt that we tried in the first half and had some success - but running on 1st and 2nd down was leading to an obvious passing down on 3rd, and we weren't converting.

McVay switched it up and we ended up passing on two/three downs, which was the right thing to do IMO.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Apologies if already posted, but there were two classic coaching gems this game.

Phillips was shutting down McDaniels all day. Brady could get nothing going, and their game plan was shot to bits. Pats writers close to the team say that half way through the 4th, Josh disregarded the playbook and implemented something completely different and unpracticed. It involved using 22 personnell but in a spread formation (very rare, you'd usually run heavy from 22 personnel). They called the same play 3 times in a row (Hoss) and it resulted in the Gronk catch and set up on the 1.

The other was the 2 calls on D. One they'd show to Goff, and one they'd actually run. You can see this working on KVN's sack. Think it was 6 on the line, and Goff had to have been expecting something different - but both safeties dropped, it went zone on him and KVN came through late. Bamboozled. 

Congrats on the win. Stings much less for me now that I don't blindly hate the Patriots - I'm grateful that I've been able to witness them.

But when I realized that the Rams are 0-2 against the Patriots, both times holding the Patriots offense to only 13 points - Brady's lowest output in any Super Bowl - that hurt a little.

Belichick deserves a ton of credit for confusing Goff, but at the same time, we had open WRs - the Patriots dared Goff to beat him and he couldn't.

For those who don't know yet, NFL Next Gen Stats has a Super Bowl page where you can click on any play of the game and see a simple diagram animation of what happened, from the pre-snap formations to pre-snap movements and the play itself. Scroll down and under Play Diagrams on the right, click any play.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/super-bowl

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

rewatched the game.. That call on Robey coleman was so bad and so much BS. I still can't believe they called that. 

Still not as bad as the one they DIDN'T call lmao

And just to be clear, I agree with you, it looked like a make up call that came 2 weeks late. 

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Still not as bad as the one they DIDN'T call lmao

And just to be clear, I agree with you, it looked like a make up call that came 2 weeks late. 

Was 100% a make up call. That was them letting him know he was on a short leash imo

On 2/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, MWil23 said:
On 2/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, El ramster said:

rewatched the game.. That call on Robey coleman was so bad and so much BS. I still can't believe they called that. 

Meanwhile, on planet earth:

NoFlag.gif

There's also this, which may be the most quotable post in FF history:

On 1/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, El ramster said:

LETS GO BABY! I’m sorry saint fans that was a bad non call! But things happen for a reason. 

40 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

He bounced around a bit, but got a chance to be a starter in 2013-14 with the Cleveland Browns. In Cleveland, Hoyer played under offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan — and a young coach named Sean McVay, who was then tight ends coach.

McVay was never TE Coach for the Browns.

Archived