Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

5 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Love how people keep complaining about all the shootouts in today's NFL, but when they get a game with some amazing defense play, they complain it's boring and uninspiring!

That's because people rationalize it as the offense not performing instead of the defense being amazing.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm still of the opinion  Gurley was/is more injured then is being reported. My question is this.

Could they have decided (Gurley included) not to divulge the severity for a competitive advantage so the Patriots and Saints couldn't  prepare? If the answer is Yes, Can the reason they are still keeping it hush hush post SB is because  the "Didn't " report said injury, circumventing the injury report rules to the point, they could get in trouble  by the NFL?

Only explanation  I can fathom for McVay not utilizing his  best player in either game!!

That certainly is a possibility, but given how frequently those injury reports are down right faked, and the league always turns a blind eye, doubt anything will come of it.

2 minutes ago, kramxel said:

That certainly is a possibility, but given how frequently those injury reports are down right faked, and the league always turns a blind eye, doubt anything will come of it.

I can’t imagine anyone on the rams saying anything now that it’s under scrutiny. Any surgeries can be attributed to a SB injury and you move on.

It had less impact on a game than Tom Brady getting his balls deflated before a game. And that had no impact. 

15 hours ago, Dome said:

I can’t imagine anyone on the rams saying anything now that it’s under scrutiny. Any surgeries can be attributed to a SB injury and you move on.

It had less impact on a game than Tom Brady getting his balls deflated before a game. And that had no impact. 

Unless Gurley himself snaps with the 24/7 questioning? Can you imagine doing everything  in your power to play injured (ala TO in 2004) but have your integrity (mentally checked out) in question? 

If he indeed was attempting to play with a torn  MCL, Meniscus,  whatever it is, the last thing I'd want is my character being called in question.

This fiasco will always follow him, questions as to why. When he'd be looked upon in a total different light if indeed injured but trying anyways. 

Just saying.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

This fiasco will always follow him, questions as to why. When he'd be looked upon in a total different light if indeed injured but trying anyways. 

only if he never wins one. The Rams are set up to be good for awhile, he might have another shot

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

only if he never wins one. The Rams are set up to be good for awhile, he might have another shot

He better be healthy for his sake... 

I can see this storyline taking off if it does happen like this again, he’ll probably wanna come clean about his injury if that’s the case

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Like I told my friend who is a Saints fan, dont be that fan base who whines when things doesnt go your way. In 2009 NFCCG the Saints got all of the calls. Even Wingo when he was doing the highlights and pointing to all the questionable calls, he said the Saints fans could care less about what he was showing because they are heading to the Superbowl. So as someone said, dont grin when you win and get the blues when you lose. I dont recall Vikings fans protesting or where "we got robbed shirts". I live in Louisiana and if I even mentioned that the Saints got all the calls in 2009 NFCCG they would immediately be offended by it. Trust I did mention how I thought the Vikings were the best team that did have some unlucky breaks because they were in New Orleans. Even my friend agreed that had the game been played in Minnesota he thought the Vikings win. Then we both agreed that you have to have lucky breaks to make a run at a championship. At least in the Rams/Saints game both teams had multiple calls go against them. In 2009, it felt like the Saints had all the calls go their way including the "Brady rule" where the Saints hit Favre low and no flag was thrown. You would think a legend would get that call easily. Heck I held my breath when Donald slung Brady to the ground. Just imagine if a defender went low on Brady.

But Ill also say the same thing about that Vikings/Saints game as I said about the Rams/Saints game, despite all those questionable calls, the Vikings still had a chance to win in OT. The Vikings fumbled 6 times and lost I believe 3 of them. Favre threw 2 ints. So they still had their chances even with all those questionable calls. The Saints had their chances even after the bad call. They actually were winning 23-20 after that bad call. Make a stop on defense like they did against the Eagles in the Divisional Round and they win. 

Except, we're not the ones whining. It's NON Saints fans that are talking about it and bringing it up more than we are. Reading comprehension for the win amigo.

With as badly as Goff struggled, why didn't the Rams run the ball?  I get that Gurley was hurt, but why didn't he get more touches... or even CJ Anderson get more touches.  It's not like the Rams were down by 3 TD's and they were forced to throw the ball.

Apologies if already posted, but there were two classic coaching gems this game.

Phillips was shutting down McDaniels all day. Brady could get nothing going, and their game plan was shot to bits. Pats writers close to the team say that half way through the 4th, Josh disregarded the playbook and implemented something completely different and unpracticed. It involved using 22 personnell but in a spread formation (very rare, you'd usually run heavy from 22 personnel). They called the same play 3 times in a row (Hoss) and it resulted in the Gronk catch and set up on the 1.

The other was the 2 calls on D. One they'd show to Goff, and one they'd actually run. You can see this working on KVN's sack. Think it was 6 on the line, and Goff had to have been expecting something different - but both safeties dropped, it went zone on him and KVN came through late. Bamboozled. 

12 hours ago, showtime said:

With as badly as Goff struggled, why didn't the Rams run the ball?  I get that Gurley was hurt, but why didn't he get more touches... or even CJ Anderson get more touches.  It's not like the Rams were down by 3 TD's and they were forced to throw the ball.

Averaging 3 YPC I think. Big guys on the line had some of their best games as Pats (certainly Shelton did). 

This guy's film breakdowns have been great all season. Must read if you're a subscriber to The Athletic. This particular play breakdown is just one of the many reasons why I chuckle when people say the game was boring and offense just didn't perform. It was a chess match back and forth, oftentimes split seconds before the snap. Just great defense on both sides.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:07 PM, showtime said:

The short answer is that they were disrupting our run concepts. The summary of the long answer is that McVay screwed the pooch big time. This is the first time with him as HC that I feel he blew it and is at fault for the loss. I recognize that a number of our offensive players, including Goff, didn't perform. Still, McVay pulled a Mike Martz. There were at least an excuse back in 2001 because Belichick wasn't established as a HC, but there's no excuse for doing it today. McVay simply was arrogant. But he'll learn. This has happened before. He'll spend all off-season coming up with a plan to burn the defense that the Bears and Patriots used.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:07 PM, showtime said:

Because the Patriots defense was daring Goff to throw. That was the big thing. It's hard for a coach to look at an defensive formation and clearly see it's being designed to prevent the run and is conceding the pass to your QB and not take the pass and go against the strength of the defense, especially a defense with a good run stop like New England. There were plays for Goff to make. Gurley and Anderson were going to be facing massive resistance all night

Archived