Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I was more poking fun at you for making fun of people having their opinions, and sticking to it, when you over and over again comped Goff to Peyton Manning before the draft.

Do I really need to say that I'm not being serious in any of this thread? (Except for when I said I was drinking rammy's sweet delicious tears, that was real.)

Well, he's certainly living up to that moniker thus far . . . right down to crapping the bed against NE in the playoffs early in his career. ;)

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

The only reason I bought up Edelman is because he was barred from winning regular season awards and making the pro bowl.  I heard someone bring up today on the radio, why should he be allowed to win a super bowl MVP in the same year he was suspended for cheating and was barred from winning every other award.

I don't have anything against Edelman, I was just making conversation and wanting to get more input on it since I've never heard that argument outside of today.

Take it from him and give it to Gilmore or Hightower. That would be cool with me. I really don't care.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Well, he's certainly living up to that moniker thus far . . . right down to crapping the bed against NE in the playoffs. ;)

NO NO NO NO NO.

You don't get to make that joke. It's not fun when you go along with it. Now tell me you got robbed and it was because of the officials or so help me god I will smite you.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Goff threw it as soon as he saw it. The ball hit Cooks right in his hands. McCourty hit his arm, and Cooks didn't come up with it. You assume that a QB should know that the coverage is going to be blown. I don't have coach's film yet, but rewatching the play, the Patriots looked to be in a C-3 zone-under coverage. The deep-middle safety (Harmon?) bit on Reynolds (I believe) running the deep over route. As soon as he bit and Cooks threw his hand up, Goff came off his checkdown and threw the ball. You're assuming that Goff should have entered the play knowing that was going to happen, but that's just not how a blown coverage works. 

It appeared as if Goff was so flustered that at some point in the game, he pre-determined where he was going to throw the ball before it was even snapped.  He needed to see it quicker because Cooks was open before he threw the ball.  There's probably a decent amount of QB's in the league that would have made that throw before the defender could contact the receiver.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff threw it as soon as he saw it. The ball hit Cooks right in his hands. McCourty hit his arm, and Cooks didn't come up with it. You assume that a QB should know that the coverage is going to be blown. I don't have coach's film yet, but rewatching the play, the Patriots looked to be in a C-3 zone-under coverage. The deep-middle safety (Harmon?) bit on Reynolds (I believe) running the deep over route. As soon as he bit and Cooks threw his hand up, Goff came off his checkdown and threw the ball. You're assuming that Goff should have entered the play knowing that was going to happen, but that's just not how a blown coverage works. 

Yep, if you watch the play over again, Goff wasn't even that late on throwing it. The only possible criticism would be that he floated it a bit too much.

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

The only reason I bought up Edelman is because he was barred from winning regular season awards and making the pro bowl.  I heard someone bring up today on the radio, why should he be allowed to win a super bowl MVP in the same year he was suspended for cheating and was barred from winning every other award.

I don't have anything against Edelman, I was just making conversation and wanting to get more input on it since I've never heard that argument outside of today.

We don't even know what he was suspended for and he was coming off of an ACL injury. I am unphased. Still funny that we hear things like this and Peyton still is generally unscathed from his "scandal"

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

NO NO NO NO NO.

You don't get to make that joke. It's not fun when you go along with it. Now tell me you got robbed and it was because of the officials or so help me god I will smite you.

The Patriots cheated. They played defense. I was assured that no defense would be played this year.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

It appeared as if Goff was so flustered that at some point in the game, he pre-determined where he was going to throw the ball before it was even snapped.  He needed to see it quicker because Cooks was open before he threw the ball.  There's probably a decent amount of QB's in the league that would have made that throw before the defender could contact the receiver.

I think at some points he did. On that play, he didn't. He read the coverage correctly. But he also caught the blown coverage and threw it as soon as he could. If the coverage were played correctly, he has to hit the checkdown. But he saw Cooks coming free and throw his hands up. He immediately reset and stepped into the throw. McCourty simply made a phenomenal play. And Cooks simply failed to make the superhuman play we needed. 

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

We've seen Argentina beat the USA in Olympic play, we've seen Spain beat the USA in FIBA play, we've seen the USSR beat team USA in Olympic play.

So no, it's not guaranteed that the Warriors could/would beat the field.

lol...the Warriors would absolutely annihilate a team from ANY other league in the world 

You might ask, why are age and experience significant in a game like this? Here's why:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001016313/article/hurting-jared-goff-shoulders-blame-for-offensive-ineptitude

"Obviously, I should have thrown it away," he said. "I knew it was 'zero' -- of course I did -- but I thought I could make a play. I didn't realize Gilmore was staring at me, and I threw too early. I put it in a bad spot. It was dumb. It was stupid. I will learn from it. But it really hurts right now."

An older, more experienced QB throws that ball away. He lives to play another down. A young QB tries to be the hero and make the big play. Goff just got a hell of a lesson. I fully expect him to return next year as an even better QB for it.

19 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I don't think so. LA still is the second biggest market in the united states. This years NFC championship game was up 13% over Philly and Minnesota the year before, and Minnesota is a much bigger market than New Orleans. 

Not trying to do an "I told ya so" but here's the numbers https://deadline.com/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-rams-marron-5-worlds-best-cbs-1202548893/

Lowest ratings in 10 years

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Not trying to do an "I told ya so" but here's the numbers https://deadline.com/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-rams-marron-5-worlds-best-cbs-1202548893/

I was waiting to see them to post and tag you as well, so feel free on the "I told you so front" LOL

I am actually pretty surprised given the conference championship numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Why am I not surprised. The Rams are boring AF despite the media trying to convince us the opposite all season long. God dammit I wish we got Brees vs Brady in that matchup.

Archived