Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Like I told my friend who is a Saints fan, dont be that fan base who whines when things doesnt go your way. In 2009 NFCCG the Saints got all of the calls. Even Wingo when he was doing the highlights and pointing to all the questionable calls, he said the Saints fans could care less about what he was showing because they are heading to the Superbowl. So as someone said, dont grin when you win and get the blues when you lose. I dont recall Vikings fans protesting or where "we got robbed shirts". I live in Louisiana and if I even mentioned that the Saints got all the calls in 2009 NFCCG they would immediately be offended by it. Trust I did mention how I thought the Vikings were the best team that did have some unlucky breaks because they were in New Orleans. Even my friend agreed that had the game been played in Minnesota he thought the Vikings win. Then we both agreed that you have to have lucky breaks to make a run at a championship. At least in the Rams/Saints game both teams had multiple calls go against them. In 2009, it felt like the Saints had all the calls go their way including the "Brady rule" where the Saints hit Favre low and no flag was thrown. You would think a legend would get that call easily. Heck I held my breath when Donald slung Brady to the ground. Just imagine if a defender went low on Brady.

But Ill also say the same thing about that Vikings/Saints game as I said about the Rams/Saints game, despite all those questionable calls, the Vikings still had a chance to win in OT. The Vikings fumbled 6 times and lost I believe 3 of them. Favre threw 2 ints. So they still had their chances even with all those questionable calls. The Saints had their chances even after the bad call. They actually were winning 23-20 after that bad call. Make a stop on defense like they did against the Eagles in the Divisional Round and they win. 

Quit reading at the first sentence if I’m being totally honest.

A group of Rams fans started a petition and complained about the NFCCG refs before the game even started. Did you remind them not to be that kind of fan base? 

If you did, hats off to you, man.

If not, your words mean almost nothing.

I hold no ill will towards your fan base, you guys didn’t miss the call. But let’s be real about what happened that week.

I'm still of the opinion  Gurley was/is more injured then is being reported. My question is this.

Could they have decided (Gurley included) not to divulge the severity for a competitive advantage so the Patriots and Saints couldn't  prepare? If the answer is Yes, Can the reason they are still keeping it hush hush post SB is because  the "Didn't " report said injury, circumventing the injury report rules to the point, they could get in trouble  by the NFL?

Only explanation  I can fathom for McVay not utilizing his  best player in either game!!

that thread about if wade shut down brady should he go in the hall

saw some saying stuff like “yeah well if wade holds brady to 25 that’s shutting the pats down and is more than hall worthy”

given that it’s not wade’s fault the rams offense stunk

surely if they ever put a coordinator in there he’s got to be the one

39 minutes ago, Dome said:

A group of Rams fans started a petition and complained about the NFCCG refs before the game even started. Did you remind them not to be that kind of fan base? 

I hold no ill will towards your fan base, you guys didn’t miss the call. But let’s be real about what happened that week.

Its funny you mention that petition. I remember the day I told my friend about the history about the Rams with that ref crew, he told me Im making excuses already. That was in the regular season before none of us even knew what the NFCCG was going to look like. Then when the petition happened, I told my friend dont be surprised if the refs make a call in favor of the Rams in a big spot because they dont want to give the impression that they are out to screw the Rams. My friend was at the game and he said as soon as that no call happened he thought about what I said. Then like I found this out after the game that the ref crew has a history of not throwing flags. Either they just let the players play OR they just miss alot of calls. Could be a combination of both. 

The petition happened not because of whining but a concerned. When you are (0-8) dating back to 2012 with that same crew and you are (0-2) this season including one of those games being in New Orleans Week 9 where momentum swung due to a bad spot call on 4th and 1 when Hekker did get the first down. Then in the 4th quarter down by 3pts the refs missed a facemask on the Saints that happened to Kupp which forced the Rams to punt and we know what happened after that with Thomas 72yd td to ice the game. Like Rams fans were concerned because no way that crew shouldve been reffing that game for the 2nd time in the same season THEN it comes out that like 3 of those refs were from California which the rule is that no ref from the state of the teams should be reffing that game. In theory Rams fans was doing everyone a favor trying to get that crew not to ref that game. I just find it funny how us Rams fans were concerned about the refs screwing us and Saints fans come away with the refs screwing them. At the end of the day, dont leave the game in the refs hands. Saints was up 13-0 and possibly shouldve been up 21-0. They let the Rams hang around and when you let a team hang around bad things can happen and it doesnt matter what the bad thing is it just happens. It doesnt have to be a bad call. It could be a missed field goal, and bad interception, a bad snap, you name it. 

Then I HATE HATE HATE the notion the Saints automatically wouldve won had the correct call be made. Have we not seen Tucker miss an XP that he has never missed in his life that wouldve tied the game against the Saints? Have we not seen the Minnesota Miracle that the Saints chances were possibly greater to win? Lets go back to 2003 when the Saints had that miracle td against the Jags. All Carney had to do was make the XP to tie, wasnt his chances a near lock? He missed. So nothing and I mean NOTHING was a lock for the Saints had that call been made correctly. Im sure Patriots fans are saying the same thing about 2014 when everyone, including myself, said that had the Seahawks handed the ball to Lynch the Seahawks wouldve won. In fact that season Lynch was 1/5 if Im not mistaken when handed the ball in that situation scoring tds. So nothing is a lock. Romo can tell you how a fumbled ball feels like on a field goal try. Again Tucker, Carney, and this season countless of kickers can tell you how missing easy field goals feel like. So nothing was a lock. All that call did was decrease the odds of the Saints winning but their odds was still high because they had the lead at home with a great defense that played well all game long. Then in OT when Brees got the ball their odds was still high. So again no the Saints didnt get robbed. Bad call, an unexpected adversity that the Saints had to overcome in which they didnt but they didnt get robbed. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The petition happened not because of whining but a concerned

And Saints fans don’t have the right to be “concerned” about the worst missed call of the decade?

When we do it after a missed call, it’s whining. When you do it before the game has even been played, it’s concern. Get out with that. 

C’mon man. If you’re gonna talk about fan bases be reasonable. I’m out. Got no time for your nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

And Saints fans don’t have the right to be “concerned” about the worst missed call of the decade?

When we do it after a missed call, it’s whining. When you do it before the game has even been played, it’s concern. Get out with that. 

C’mon man. If you’re gonna talk about fan bases be reasonable. I’m out. Got no time for your nonsense.

Ok be concerned but dont take away from the fact the Rams fought hard in the game and made more plays in the end to win. Thats really the only issue I have with this entire situation. The only people I know really had some sense was Brees and then obviously Jordan came to his senses. I laugh at Thomas because he should be the last one saying anything. His impact on the game was non-existent. I think he caught like 3 balls in the 1st quarter and 1 the rest of the game. If he wants to throw shade at anyone do it at himself. He didnt do a thing and maybe just maybe had he showed up the Saints wouldnt be in position to have to point to one of many missed calls in that game that went both ways. The Rams managed to overcome the missed calls on them and the Saints didnt. I feel bad for them because thats another year of harsh adversity but Im not 100% feeling sorry because unlike last season the Saints had chances to overcome the adversity. Last year it was bad play, Diggs score game over. This year bad call but the Saints led and had two chances to make a stop on defense (one to win in regulation) and had the ball in OT to win with a top 5 QB of all-time. 

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ok be concerned but dont take away from the fact the Rams fought hard in the game and made more plays in the end to win. Thats really the only issue I have with this entire situation. The only people I know really had some sense was Brees and then obviously Jordan came to his senses. I laugh at Thomas because he should be the last one saying anything. His impact on the game was non-existent. I think he caught like 3 balls in the 1st quarter and 1 the rest of the game. If he wants to throw shade at anyone do it at himself. He didnt do a thing and maybe just maybe had he showed up the Saints wouldnt be in position to have to point to one of many missed calls in that game that went both ways. The Rams managed to overcome the missed calls on them and the Saints didnt. I feel bad for them because thats another year of harsh adversity but Im not 100% feeling sorry because unlike last season the Saints had chances to overcome the adversity. Last year it was bad play, Diggs score game over. This year bad call but the Saints led and had two chances to make a stop on defense (one to win in regulation) and had the ball in OT to win with a top 5 QB of all-time. 

I’m not talking about the call. It’s a bad call. Refs miss them. I’ve never made excuses, check my posts during and after the game. I was mad about it, but I said you have to beat the bad calls from the second the game was over. 

Reread my comments if you’ve missed the point I was making, cause it was pretty clear. 

55 minutes ago, Dome said:

Sponge bob voice 

** 2 weeeeeeeeeeeeks laaaaaatttttta

1 hour ago, Dome said:

We started that petition on here lol. It was freaking brilliant. To this day, I have no clue if the refs saw the media reporting on the petition, but what I do know is that they had a chance to throw a flag in a crucial moment and didn't.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We started that petition on here lol. It was freaking brilliant. To this day, I have no clue if the refs saw the media reporting on the petition, but what I do know is that they had a chance to throw a flag in a crucial moment and didn't.

I’ve got no issue with the petition, it’s a form of protest and draws attention just like intended.

I have an issue with calling the petition as a “concern” about the refs while categorizing Saints fans gripes with a horrendous call as whining. It’s a pretty clueless view of the situation IMO.

Just now, Dome said:

I’ve got no issue with the petition, it’s a protest and draws attention just like intended.

I have an issue with calling the petition as a “concern” about the refs while categorizing Saints fans gripes with a horrendous call as whining. It’s a pretty clueless look at the whole situation IMO

It's a one-sided look at the situation. That's absolutely true. Then again, I think both our fanbases are guilty of that. As I said after the game, I feel for y'all. I'd have been out of mind with anger if it happened to us. But we got the wrong side of some calls in the Super Bowl. We had it coming, I guess. Still, the Rams lost the game. It's on us.

Just now, jrry32 said:

It's a one-sided look at the situation. That's absolutely true. Then again, I think both our fanbases are guilty of that. As I said after the game, I feel for y'all. I'd have been out of mind with anger if it happened to us. But we got the wrong side of some calls in the Super Bowl. We had it coming, I guess. Still, the Rams lost the game. It's on us.

💯 

Archived