Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's part Patriots fatigue, part outrage over the Rams/Saints results. I mean, an entire state basically tuned out in Louisiana. That's going to impact numbers. Team that up with people getting tired of Brady and you'll get a weaker turnout than usual.

I'm in California, and I know a lot of people that didn't watch because of that, myself included. For 2 weeks now, everywhere I go, if I'm wearing one of my Saints hoodies it's "You guys were robbed!! NFL is rigged!" Quite the ripple effect from the non-call. Was happy to see on Sportscenter that Tom got his 6th B|

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I was waiting to see them to post and tag you as well, so feel free on the "I told you so front" LOL

I am actually pretty surprised given the conference championship numbers. 

Ok, if you insist, I told you so haha. 

I'd wager that a lot of the conference championships were Saints fans or haters, NOLA's a small market but the Saints are a big name and their reach extends well beyond NOLA, then you have the fact that our rivalries are strong and the teams that hate us hate us a lot. Then no Saints fans watched this game which really hurts the ratings, even if the NFCCG was up year over year, I don't think Vikings fans were actually organizing a protest parade of the Super Bowl or anything like NOLA was lol, so they still had Vikings' fans viewership. 

53 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Wentz was trailing by 7pts when he left the Rams game in 2017. So he was losing to Goff and McVay. I love Wentz but he holds on to the ball way too long and if you do that against Donald and the Rams defense you are going be in for a long day. 

I do think and hope we see a healthy and steady dose of Rams v Eagles for many years to come. Maybe people will start to get Goff v Wentz fatigue lol. 

Ill say this, Goff and McVay is catching it today and rightfully so but McVay is the youngest coach to coach in the Superbowl and Goff is the youngest QB to be start in the Superbowl. That is a scary thing because we look at a guy like Peyton who it took what 8yrs to make it to his first Superbowl. Can you imagine if Peyton played in his first Superbowl 3yrs into the league? Thats early and valuable experience for Goff and McVay who looks to be tied to the hip for the next decade plus. Now nobody can say they dont know how to deal with a Superbowl run. Nobody can say they dont know how to play on the road in the playoffs. Nobody can say they dont know how to be the hunted because they were all season long. McVay can deal with a locker room full of "strong personalities" and bring them together. 

Its funny because nobody wouldve every thought that Wentz would have ZERO playoff starts entering his 4th season and Goff has a Superbowl starting experience. But I do look for these two QBs and teams to battle it out for many years to come and I cant wait for it to hopefully start as soon as the 2019 season. 

Wentz tore his ACL then threw a TD pass to take the lead 31-28.. So, no he wasn't losing. I honestly think Goff is the achilles heal for Sean McVay. If you take away his running game and pressure him,  then you get an exposed Jared Goff.. In December alone, he completed 106/108 (58.9%) of his passes for 6 TD and 6 INT and a 74.8 QB passer rating.  

Yes Foles completed the journey in 2017, but Wentz paved the way to home-field advantage and 1st seed. Foles looked terrible vs Oakland and Dallas  and Doug Pederson did a masterful job suiting the offense more to Foles strengths. This year. Wentz was IMO rushed back and he faced alot of pressure to live up to Super expectations, he did an admirable job if you consider what the team went through. The Colts snatched our OC and the vikings snatched our QB coach so the team was forced to promote from within and the offense just never clicked until after the Saints game. Also, Jay Ajayi went down which pretty much made our run game non existent and the secondary was constantly giving up big plays due to musical chairs being played  which more pressure on an already struggling offense.  

EDIT: Also, Foles played the first two games and didn't look great and he didn't look great vs Chicago or NO. The TEAM did great. 

Wentz Stats for 2018 in 11 games.. 69.6% completion rate (career high and higher than Goff's), 3,046 yards.. 21 TD 7 INT 102.2 passer rating.. 

Wentz has 70 TD and 28 INT in his career compared to 65 TD and 26 INT in Goff's Career. 

Wow! Sean McVay went to the super bowl in only his second year!!

That's cute.. Doug Pederson WON the super bowl in his second year with a back up QB and put up 41 points on the same team that let the offensive super genius put up 3. 

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

That's cute.. Doug Pederson WON the super bowl in his second year with a back up QB and put up 41 points on the same team that let the offensive super genius put up 3. 

Did more with significantly less IMO

Clarification edit: Doug did*

18 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

We get it. Webby already told you guys to knock it off. Go create a thread if you want to fight this battle. It's just obnoxious at this point. 

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

Wentz tore his ACL then threw a TD pass to take the lead 31-28.. So, no he wasn't losing. I honestly think Goff is the achilles heal for Sean McVay. If you take away his running game and pressure him,  then you get an exposed Jared Goff.. In December alone, he completed 106/108 (58.9%) of his passes for 6 TD and 6 INT and a 74.8 QB passer rating.  

Yes Foles completed the journey in 2017, but Wentz paved the way to home-field advantage and 1st seed. Foles looked terrible vs Oakland and Dallas  and Doug Pederson did a masterful job suiting the offense more to Foles strengths. This year. Wentz was IMO rushed back and he faced alot of pressure to live up to Super expectations, he did an admirable job if you consider what the team went through. The Colts snatched our OC and the vikings snatched our QB coach so the team was forced to promote from within and the offense just never clicked until after the Saints game. Also, Jay Ajayi went down which pretty much made our run game non existent and the secondary was constantly giving up big plays due to musical chairs being played  which more pressure on an already struggling offense.  

EDIT: Also, Foles played the first two games and didn't look great and he didn't look great vs Chicago or NO. The TEAM did great. 

Wentz Stats for 2018 in 11 games.. 69.6% completion rate (career high and higher than Goff's), 3,046 yards.. 21 TD 7 INT 102.2 passer rating.. 

Wentz has 70 TD and 28 INT in his career compared to 65 TD and 26 INT in Goff's Career. 

Yeah your right about the score. I thought the Rams were winning when Wentz left the game unfortunately.

As for Goff, its hard to be an Achilles heel win you are winning. You do realize Goff had a less than effective Gurley for really the 2nd half of the season? Gurley got banged up in the Chiefs game Week 11 in the 1st quarter and was basically a decoy the rest of the game. The Rams had a bye week then they came back against the Lions and Gurley had a big game. Against the Bears the Rams didnt give him the ball enough and against the Eagles Gurley got hurt and didnt return to the game really for the 2nd half. Goff still almost led the Rams back down 17pts in the 4th quarter. So we can look at stats all we want to but football is about winning rather than just individual accolades. Im sure Mahomes would trade his MVP/OPOY and rather throw for less than 4000yds and 40tds if it means his team is playing in the Superbowl. At the end of the day his MVP/OPOY and 5000yds and 50tds is great but he would rather be in the Superbowl and not talking about it and projecting next year what COULD be. 

Ill say it again, Goff had the most pressure than any young QB in the NFL. The Rams by everyone standards, not mine btw, built this "super team", "dream team", and was "all in" for this season. If it was Brees thats no big deal, if it was ARod thats no big deal. For a QB who just a year ago was the 2nd youngest starting QB in the NFL that some people thought wouldnt replicate the type of season he had last season he improved on what he did last season from a numbers standpoint and winning standpoint. He carried a defense that was hit or miss for alot of the season. If it wasnt for Goff carrying the offense, they dont go into New Orleans and put up a fight to give themselves a chance to win. But continue to doubt Goff because people doubted him after his rookie season. They doubted him after how he ended 2017 against the Falcons and now people are doubting him now. All he has done is still win and Gurley being less effective and Goff carried the team into New Orleans in really both meetings Week 9 Gurley wasnt effective and Goff was the one that carried the team to erase a 21pt deceit to tie the game in the 4th quarter. Then we look at what he did down 13-0 in the playoffs. Again I love Wentz but they got blown out of the building when they played New Orleans in the regular season with him as the starting QB.

Both Goff and Wentz future is bright. People are still doubting Goff and I think people are wondering about Wentz especially the fact that his injury history and the fact the Eagles picked up Foles option which was a smart move. Now they could trade Foles but then people are still going to wonder was it a smart move to lose a valuable player knowing Wentz injury history. Some even will say Foles give the Eagles a better chance to win than Wentz. I think for both QBs they will continue to show why they are here to stay. Wentz has to stay healthy and Goff is mentally tough and has to continue to learn from these experiences playing in the Superbowl. 

45 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Both Goff and Wentz future is bright. People are still doubting Goff and I think people are wondering about Wentz especially the fact that his injury history and the fact the Eagles picked up Foles option which was a smart move. Now they could trade Foles but then people are still going to wonder was it a smart move to lose a valuable player knowing Wentz injury history. Some even will say Foles give the Eagles a better chance to win than Wentz. I think for both QBs they will continue to show why they are here to stay. Wentz has to stay healthy and Goff is mentally tough and has to continue to learn from these experiences playing in the Superbowl. 

I'm actually a Goff Supporter and wish nothing but the best for the dude and i hate these Goff vs Wentz arguments because it forces us to take a side and of course im gonna put my full weight behind my boy Wentz.. Like J Cole rapped in 'Middle Child', "they act like two legends can't co-exist" ;) One thing i hate is the McVay hype - it's ridiculous. 

Now onto the quoted... Wentz's injury history is not relevant here and its super annoying that he's being labeled injury prone. He played all 16 games his rookie season with out issue - he did miss preseason due to some broken ribs but those games don't matter. He played 13 games on a MVP caliber level before getting sandwiched in the endzone tearing his acl... this year he was rushed back due to foles poor play and he admits himself he wasn't confident in his knee and thats why he wasn't as mobile as his first two years. if your not confident in your knee, you cant step into your throws thus forcing you to 'torque' your throws with your back.. back injury...

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I'm in California, and I know a lot of people that didn't watch because of that, myself included. For 2 weeks now, everywhere I go, if I'm wearing one of my Saints hoodies it's "You guys were robbed!! NFL is rigged!" Quite the ripple effect from the non-call. Was happy to see on Sportscenter that Tom got his 6th B|

For two weeks at work I got condolences.

It was definitely not just us Saints fans that were mad.

Also I live in seahawk territory so everyone hates the rams already anyways lol 

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I'm actually a Goff Supporter and wish nothing but the best for the dude and i hate these Goff vs Wentz arguments because it forces us to take a side and of course im gonna put my full weight behind my boy Wentz.. Like J Cole rapped in 'Middle Child', "they act like two legends can't co-exist" ;) One thing i hate is the McVay hype - it's ridiculous. 

Now onto the quoted... Wentz's injury history is not relevant here and its super annoying that he's being labeled injury prone. He played all 16 games his rookie season with out issue - he did miss preseason due to some broken ribs but those games don't matter. He played 13 games on a MVP caliber level before getting sandwiched in the endzone tearing his acl... this year he was rushed back due to foles poor play and he admits himself he wasn't confident in his knee and thats why he wasn't as mobile as his first two years. if your not confident in your knee, you cant step into your throws thus forcing you to 'torque' your throws with your back.. back injury...

I love the Goff v Wentz arguments because I want that Brady v Peyton new feel lol. Plus from the beginning Ive said Goff and Wentz is 1a and 1b in my book but if I had to give the slight edge its to Goff because of Wentz injury history. Now dont get my wrong Im not saying he is injury prone and I remember when Stafford started his career out missed a ton of games and everyone was ready to label him injury prone and I said he isnt he just had unfortunate injuries. Stafford went on to not miss a game for a very long time. I only mention Wentz injury history because it dates back to even his college days. A a mobile QB like he is has has to learn to how avoid the big hits and as I mentioned before he holds on to the ball a long time trying to make a play happen. He is gifted so its natural he thinks he can make every play but since you are quoting lyrics Ill do the same, just like Kenny Rogers said, "you have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run" lol. So Wentz has to learn to live to fight another day on some of the plays instead of trying to make something happen and taking an unnecessary hit.

McVay hype is warranted. Nobody has done what he has at this age. Just like in the NBA when people hype of Steph Curry. Im sure there are alot of people who are tired of it as well but he legit changed the game. Just like people had their doubts about McVay succeeding when he first took the job, people looked at Steph and said no way this small dude will succeed in the NBA. Then he started off his career constantly dealing with ankle injuries. For him to over all of that and change the game to where people are trying to find, "the next Steph" a guy who can light it up from 3 and shoot halfcourt shots often. There will not be another Steph just like there wont be another McVay. Where I think though the hype gets out of control is when nobody gives Goff the credit for working hard and when he goes out there and drop beautiful dimes to his receivers. Like thats Goff and not McVay. Every coach has the ability to talk to their QB in the headset until 15 seconds but not every QB can drop dimes like Goff does. Outside of that, I think the McVay hype is well-deserved considering some of the backlash the Rams got when they hired McVay. Ill say the same thing about Pederson. He deserve the praise he gets because people thought he would fail as a head coach.  

19 minutes ago, Dome said:

For two weeks at work I got condolences.

It was definitely not just us Saints fans that were mad.

Also I live in seahawk territory so everyone hates the rams already anyways lol 

Like I told my friend who is a Saints fan, dont be that fan base who whines when things doesnt go your way. In 2009 NFCCG the Saints got all of the calls. Even Wingo when he was doing the highlights and pointing to all the questionable calls, he said the Saints fans could care less about what he was showing because they are heading to the Superbowl. So as someone said, dont grin when you win and get the blues when you lose. I dont recall Vikings fans protesting or where "we got robbed shirts". I live in Louisiana and if I even mentioned that the Saints got all the calls in 2009 NFCCG they would immediately be offended by it. Trust I did mention how I thought the Vikings were the best team that did have some unlucky breaks because they were in New Orleans. Even my friend agreed that had the game been played in Minnesota he thought the Vikings win. Then we both agreed that you have to have lucky breaks to make a run at a championship. At least in the Rams/Saints game both teams had multiple calls go against them. In 2009, it felt like the Saints had all the calls go their way including the "Brady rule" where the Saints hit Favre low and no flag was thrown. You would think a legend would get that call easily. Heck I held my breath when Donald slung Brady to the ground. Just imagine if a defender went low on Brady.

But Ill also say the same thing about that Vikings/Saints game as I said about the Rams/Saints game, despite all those questionable calls, the Vikings still had a chance to win in OT. The Vikings fumbled 6 times and lost I believe 3 of them. Favre threw 2 ints. So they still had their chances even with all those questionable calls. The Saints had their chances even after the bad call. They actually were winning 23-20 after that bad call. Make a stop on defense like they did against the Eagles in the Divisional Round and they win. 

32 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

Gotta tip your hat. They fooled us. I'm disappointed McVay didn't follow Wade's example and break away from his tendencies. That's what got him beat. He had two weeks to come up with something truly innovative.

Archived