Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

I am definitely a Dak supporter. Having said that I wanted to get a talented QB via the draft of FA someone more capable than what we have after Dak for various reasons.

truth is we have a lots of holes to fill and can't couldn't fill them all. like a real starting SS/FS instead of Heath..

Edited by resilient part 2

I wouldn't pay him before the season started. Most pro-Dak guys thought/hoped he would already be paid by now. 

If he doesn't improve under Moore then I'm not paying him. I'll franchise him twice and let him walk if he never improves.

We have drafted two guards in the top 3 rounds, fired our OL coach, cut our franchise's all time best WR, traded a first for an elite young WR, hired Dak friendly WRs in FA, drafted Gallup, signed Cobb, fired Scott Linehan.... all just to fix our passing game. Which has sucked for 3 years now.

There is no one else to blame but Dak if he can't come through now, and I said that last off season. Now after more firings and signings made to tailor the offense towards Dak, it is especially true.

• Like 1

Amari played 6 games with Carr last season and went over 100 yards twice.

Amari played 11 games with Dak and went over 100 yards 3 times. If you include playoffs.

Otherwise it was twice in 9 games.

The more you know...

Edited by DaBoys

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Amari played 6 games with Carr last season and went over 100 yards twice.

Amari played 11 games with Dak and went over 100 yards 3 times. If you include playoffs.

Otherwise it was twice in 9 games.

The more you know...

Those stats can be misleading. How many times was he targeted?  How many yards after the catch? 

Edited by TVScout

48 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Those stats can be misleading. How many times was he targeted?  How many yards after the catch? 

Not sure how that would change the number of games he went over 100.

When he was targeted in Oakland he produced. When he wasn't targeted he didn't. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CoopAm00/gamelog/2018/

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Daks 2018 NFL rankings:

Time To Throw: 10th

Average Intended Air Yards: 25th

Average Completed Air Yards: 26th

Average Air Yards Differential: 21st

Aggressiveness Percentage: 30th

Longest Completed Air Distance: 30th

Air Yards to the Sticks: 29th

Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt: 19th

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#max-completed-air-distance

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

I would pick and choose your battles wisely in regards to Dak. Stick with his leadership abilities, rushing abilities, and durability. Because trying to make him out to be a bomber with the football goes against the eyeball test and every stat sheet you can google.

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Daks 2018 NFL rankings:

Time To Throw: 10th

Average Intended Air Yards: 25th

Average Completed Air Yards: 26th

Average Air Yards Differential: 21st

Aggressiveness Percentage: 30th

Longest Completed Air Distance: 30th

Air Yards to the Sticks: 29th

Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt: 19th

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#max-completed-air-distance

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/passing.htm

I would pick and choose your battles wisely in regards to Dak. Stick with his leadership abilities, rushing abilities, and durability. Because trying to make him out to be a bomber with the football goes against the eyeball test and every stat sheet you can google.

Although what you are saying in terms of ranking is correct, you do realize that in absolute numbers what D82 said is also correct. Dak was lumped with Brady, Wentz, Big Ben and the rest of the "top 10 QBs". He was .1 behind on some stats, .1 above in others, but they were all grouped together. 

I think no matter the numbers it is easy to use eye test and say is Not the pure passer of some of his peers. That doesn’t mean he is a terrible passer either just slightly middle of the road where he makes up for it is he rarely makes mistakes or throws high risk passes thus he rarely turns it over which fits well with our mostly running first offense built around the best back in football.  The other part of this is Dak is a better then average of not elite runner himself which helps as teams will try to avoid playing man to man.  The other part is Dak is real good at crunch time part of this is I think Jason allows him to run more which losses up his game allows him to play freely rather then with breaks own.  

In my mind Dak has shown he can make all the throws he also has shown he can miss some throws really badly.  In time as he gets more experience and continues to improve his foot work I feel the good throws will increase the bad throws decrease.  And I hope also JG continues to limit Dak running between the 20’s to help keep him from getting hurt. 

I think it is a forgone conclusion at this point he will get extended.  I just want to see it closer to 28-9 rather then 31.   And about giving a discount rarely do FA give discounts on the first big contract.  It is the second or restructuring that they give breaks to help sign others