Which team is going to experience the biggest decline next year?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, MightyMouse07 said:

Read the title man. I know that’s difficult for you.

Again. That means good teams. Dallas could very well go 10-6 or 9-7 8-8 that isn't a huge regression. Dallas is who Dallas is. 

A over achieving well coached defense. With a 1990's offense. They'll win some games.. Heck weren't they 9-7 last year? Same team. They won't regress.

You read breh.

Assuming Dallas starts paying Dak/Zeke/Coop and they lose Demarcus Lawrence and other role players, I'd say Dallas. They got hot and overachieved the second half of the season. My guess is 6-10.

As for a team I don't have a bias against, something tells me Bill O'Brien is getting a little stale in Houston. If the Jags get BDN, I can see Houston finishing last in the AFC South.

22 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Again. That means good teams. Dallas could very well go 10-6 or 9-7 8-8 that isn't a huge regression. Dallas is who Dallas is. 

A over achieving well coached defense. With a 1990's offense. They'll win some games.. Heck weren't they 9-7 last year? Same team. They won't regress.

You read breh.

Dallas was 10-6. They will go 5-11 next year. 5 games is a pretty big decline. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Could finally be the Pats. Gronk retires, Brady maybe finally sorta regresses, a difference here and there. Not saying they won't be good, but maybe they go from SB appearance to first round exit?

Pats are actually  in a really good spot for the next few seasons. They have a lot of capital and draft picks. 

They have the QB for however long he goes (and he keeps saying he wants to play until 45)

They have a beast offensive line. 

They have the best running game they've had since the early 2000's. 

They have a great secondary with Gilmore locked down. 

They can get pressure upfront and have been doing it more consistently than ever. 

They really just need to get some more depth at LB (and to be honest a lot of guys have been stepping up there so the problem isn't as bad as it seemed early on) and another quality receiver (hi AB). Aside from that they are really looking to just fill for roster depth. 

This kind was supposed to be the down year before they reloaded. 

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Dallas

Yep. Especially when we are promoting a coach to OC that hasnt called a play in his life. I mean even if he is to football what Bobby Fischer was to chess. There is an adjustment period and learning under JG and Linehan were not the best mentors at play calling. 

20 hours ago, bomont said:

As stated hard to even guess without seeing what happens with FAs and the draft but Texans, Colts, Bears come to mind. And the Saints wouldn't surprise me, Brees could be ready to show his age.

I'd like to see your reasoning for the Colts as they just made it to the Divisional Round in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year and have 9 draft picks, $120mil in cap space to be utilized over the summer. 

Archived