Pro Bowler Mitch Trubisky

WindyCity

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm happy for Mitch.  This will certainly be a nice confidence booster for him.

Just a little surprised that Matt Ryan wasn't selected ahead of him and Dak but hey that's the pro bowl for you.

He was ahead of Dak.

He clearly passed.

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Do I think Trubisky deserves to be in the Pro Bowl? No, not really. Although, it is not as ridiculous as some make it out to be.

At the same time the National narrative and even a couple of people locally about Mitch is so over the top idiotic, that to me this Pro Bowl is a slight natural correction in the discussion.

I am happy because of how idiotic Lombardi, Barnwell, PFF, and Cowherd went with their Trubisky takes when the truth was somewhere far more in the middle. For a national narrative that consistently moved the goal posts on the Mitch discussion it is some sweet revenge. It started with he is "No Deshaun Watson" then when he started playing as well as Watson it moved to "Well he isn't Mahomes". 

I am not going to spike the ball and declare Mitch a true Pro Bowl QB, but I am going to sit back and enjoy this a little.

You left out some folks, including Bayless and Collinsworth. Although, as a national color guy, Collinsworth can't rant, only improperly process what he's actually seeing--which ends up being far worse. 

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Leno and Whitehair are now in the Pro Bowl, too.

Whitehair should have been a no-brainer. Happy for Leno. 

Excited to see the Packer zombies respond to all this. 

This is probably the most undeserved pro bowl nom I’ve ever seen. I genuinely said what the **** when I saw it. I like tru and all but he didn’t even remotely deserve a pro bowl this year. Straight up the 11th best nfc qb this year statistically. He didn’t deserve a pro bowl this year. 

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

This is probably the most undeserved pro bowl nom I’ve ever seen. I genuinely said what the **** when I saw it. I like tru and all but he didn’t even remotely deserve a pro bowl this year. Straight up the 11th best nfc qb this year statistically. He didn’t deserve a pro bowl this year. 

But he played in Chicago and had maybe the best year ever for a Bears QB, so naturally he got more looks. I don't mind the attention. My favorite team being completely forgotten about for the last decade (almost) got old.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

But he played in Chicago and had maybe the best year ever for a Bears QB, so naturally he got more looks. I don't mind the attention. My favorite team being completely forgotten about for the last decade (almost) got old.

Outside of that 6 td game, a subpar season being the best year ever for a bears qb is so depressing hahaha

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Outside of that 6 td game, a subpar season being the best year ever for a bears qb is so depressing hahaha

Subpar isn't quite how I would characterize it, but even the homerest of fans probably would say he has things to improve on, but that he showed a lot of good things this year.

22 hours ago, Tyty said:

How do you reach the conclusion that he was 11th best in the NFC statistically? He was:

7th in comp% (really 6th bc Fitzpatrick is in there with 7 games and is fractions ahead of him)

6th in TD% (again Fitzpatrick is one ahead of him)

6th in TDs

10th in passer rating

2nd in QBR

7th in NYA

8th in ANYA

Literally there is no measure in which you can say he was 11th best statistically.  

Based on what I saw this year, I'd say he's unequivocally  better than the following NFC QB's: Smith, Rosen, Stafford, Manning, Prescott, Cousins, Mullens, Newton,  Winston.  I'd put him in the same grouping as (based on this year) Wentz, Rodgers, Ryan, Goff. Ahead of him I'd put Brees, Wilson.  

I think he's ranked about right for the Pro Bowl actually.  I think Rodgers, Newton, Wentz and Ryan have all looked better than Mitch in the past, but this year is this year.  Goff has better stats, but I think they are both not fully developed QBs.  

If Mitch can really nail the mechanics this year, and get more reps with the same guys,  what do you think his potential is next year?  I expect ball security to improve and think you'll also see bigger pass plays next year. 

Archived