Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Very little in the article is news if you have paid attention through the years.

Many in this forum, individually or collectively, could have done a better job than Haslam.

Haslam would have been best served doing nothing but signing checks, like every other owner tbh.

If you hire someone to do a job, let them do it.

Just because you can sell gas to truckers doesn’t mean you know how to run an nfl team.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haslam would have been best served doing nothing but signing checks, like every other owner tbh.

Just because you can sell gas to truckers doesn’t mean you know how to run an nfl team.

We had that in Lerner, results didn’t really differ to Haslam.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Seems he learned little/nothing/negative from his apprenticeship as a minority owner of PIT.

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

In theory. But he owned 12%. Not exactly making big decisions with that. Especially while he was at the peak of his business running. 

Not so much decision-making as observing/learning.

He must have missed all that.

24 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not so much decision-making as observing/learning.

He must have missed all that.

Exactly, you learn the basics so you don’t trip over your dong when you get your own team. Any moron would have been able to take note of how that franchise emphasizes stability, leadership, continuity, etc.

He learned none of that.

I’m still not sure he gets it as much as the wife told him to sit down and shut up for a while.  

On 1/24/2019 at 11:00 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure, but I also didn’t read much that wasn’t either obvious (Haslam’s interfering, his impatience) or had been hinted at multiple times before (discord between Hue and Sashi/Haley, issues with Pettine and Farmer, etc).

While it may be people with an axe to grind, I’m not sure who directly benefits from this, especially since most of the people in the article declined to be interviewed.

It wasn’t the fact it was groundbreaking, but rather reaffirming what everyone already thought.

With you for sure.My post mostly influenced by the Dorsey "I flexed my muscles" comment there more than anything. That and the Hoyer part were pretty much the only new pieces of 'info'. The dorsey part could be completely made up for all we know. There definitely seem to have been some barium meals coming out of him.

edit: also the handshake quote/obama nickname lol

On 1/27/2019 at 9:01 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He couldn't even do that properly without having his sales execs defraud truckers out of fuel rebates.

Am i the only one that thought how unnecessary this article was after reading it?

Browns finally have a good season, all positive vibes and in the middle of the night here comes a slam piece in how incompetent the Browns front office is. Some of it was interesting with deeper insight, but nothing mentioned in that article was new information that local beat writers weren't reporting on for the past 5 years. Felt like a rehashing of everything everybody knew was already bad

Idk, just thought the world could have lived without it instead of painting the Browns organization like a 3rd grade gym class trying to fill roster spots for the field day kickball team.

Archived