Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Am i the only one that thought how unnecessary this article was after reading it?

I loved it.  I smiled for a couple days thinking of Haslam fuming over looking like a schmuck.

Browns finally have a good season, all positive vibes and in the middle of the night here comes a slam piece in how incompetent the Browns front office is.

Eh, not really.  Didn’t crap on Dorsey or Sashi tbh.  DePosesta either.  Didn’t really crap on Banner or Chud.

Took a healthy steamer on Pettine, Farmer, Haslam and Hue though.  Anyone wanna argue it was unwarranted?

Some of it was interesting, but nothing mentioned in that article was new information that local beat writers weren't reporting on for the past 5 years. Felt like a rehashing of everything everybody knew was already bad

Right... but this wasn’t intended just for us, this was for the national audience.

Idk, just thought the world could have lived without it instead of painting the Browns organization like a 3rd grade gym class trying to fill roster spots for the field day kickball team.

Probably, but if the shoe fits...

Haslam deserved every bit of this. 

@LETSGOBROWNIES I get all that and Haslem has really done a bad job but I didnt know that wasn't already public knowledge. 

It looks like he finally has learned and got it right this time so I was just a little confused about the timing.

As bad as he's been with decisions and over involvement before--- I can say that at least he cares. He reaaaaallly cares and wants to win and get it right. I can be critical for past decisions, but I can't fault him for lack of desire and passion to spend, experiment and turn the Browns around. In that regard, Haslem has actually been a good owner

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES I get all that and Haslem has really done a bad job but I didnt know that wasn't already public knowledge. 

It looks like he finally has learned and got it right this time so I was just a little confused about the timing.

I think the timing is because we just had a presser where Haslam finally knew where he belonged and allowed change to happen.  It’s the first time he wasn’t the driving force behind the hirings ans firings and the first time in a while we’ve had an appropriate organizational structure.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

As bad as he's been with decisions and over involvement before--- I can say that at least he cares. He reaaaaallly cares and wants to win and get it right. I can be critical for past decisions, but I can't fault him for lack of desire and passion to spend, experiment and turn the Browns around. In that regard, Haslem has actually been a good owner

You know who else cared about something a bunch?

lennie.jpg 

Things have only worked out slightly better for the Browns.

The moral of both stories are that adults need to babysit idiots and not let them control things of worth.

I think the article was more useful for the national audience than the local one.  Most Cleveland fans already were aware of a good chunk of what was spoken about, at the very least by rumour.  Beyond that though, there were still some entertaining nuggets. 

It's an ESPN article, so it has a national slant for those that don't follow the local rumour mill. 

Plus, it made both Jimmy and Hue look accurately bad.  I give it a thumbs up.   

This article literally just reminded me that ownership of this team has been terrible for years. Haslem has been a buffoon since buying the team, he has terrible leadership skills, he has no idea what he is doing, and he stirs the pot inside the organization to try and get answers to questions he already knows.  

One good thing I take away from this article is that things were not going well inside of the front office and lots of issues and bad decisions were made. If they made it seem like everyone was on the same page and working together and still put that level of crap on the field then we would have some problems and not have any idea where the poison pill really is. So really this article just confirmed that JH is not capable of finding good leaders and bringing them into the organization and building on those people. He just keeps hiring and firing people because its the thing he thinks he needs to do.

the crazy thing is I dont think Haslam was THAT bad

I think a couple mistakes derailed us 

1.Joe Banner was placed on him by the league. Terrible move him and Lombardi are idiots Lombardi is probably THE WORST "football mind" in the world. I hate him. 

2. Hiring Farmer while stupid was better than keeping Lombardi, Pettine was probably the best HC candidate we could get

3. Drafting Johnny was terrible 

4. Hiring Sashi was the right move, he did what needed to do for our future. 

5. Hiring John Dorsey was right. 

6. Keeping Hue for a year was right. It got us Freddie

its all going to workout 

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That is crazy.

1.Joe Banner was placed on him by the league. Terrible move him and Lombardi are idiots Lombardi is probably THE WORST "football mind" in the world. I hate him. 

Banner wasn’t as bad as some seem to think.  His plan was similar to Sashi’s tbh.  Lombardi was awful though. Haslam gave Banner no time at all to execute his plan and impatiently fired him.

2. Hiring Farmer while stupid was better than keeping Lombardi, Pettine was probably the best HC candidate we could get

It’s so much more than that though.  He forced a HC on a GM that had no role in his hiring.  He also hired a GM who didn’t even interview for the job.

An owner having any influence over a pick is terrible.  Let the FO do their job.

Agreed.

Sure.

6. Keeping Hue for a year was right.

I’m not going to pretend tripping on your dong is the right move just because it works out in the end.  Dorsey should have been able to hire his guy a year ago.  Perhaps we’re in the playoffs if he had?

It got us Freddie

its all going to workout 

Let’s hope.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That is crazy.

Banner wasn’t as bad as some seem to think.  His plan was similar to Sashi’s tbh.  Lombardi was awful though. Haslam gave Banner no time at all to execute his plan and impatiently fired him.l

Because Banners plan included having Lombardi as his number 1 personnel person it was a disaster from the beginning. 

With that move alone it was NEVER going to work regardless of whatever else was going to happen. Lombardi alone was never going to allow that first regime to work. 

Hiring Sashi was actually the best move of them all even over Dorsey in my opinion. I’m gonna make a poll on that now actually. 

He paid for all the sins of the team since it came back  he gave us true new life  

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Because Banners plan included having Lombardi as his number 1 personnel person it was a disaster from the beginning. 

I’m not 100 percent sure, but I don’t think Lombardi was his guy.  Arranged marriage IIRC.

With that move alone it was NEVER going to work regardless of whatever else was going to happen. Lombardi alone was never going to allow that first regime to work. 

Agreed.

Hiring Sashi was actually the best move of them all even over Dorsey in my opinion. I’m gonna make a poll on that now actually. 

He paid for all the sins of the team since it came back  he gave us true new life  

You know I love me some Sashi.  He and Dorsey were good hires.

14 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

hallejulah no more of this garbage.

https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/1090680242832736256

.@camjordan94 shared the most Browns story ever with us: after already being drafted in 1st round by Saints, the Browns called Jordan on day 2 of the draft to tell him they were selecting him

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/cameron-jordan-browns-draft-call

That is a very Browns thing to do. At least Haslem didn't own the team in 2011 so he can't be blamed. Of course the other guy, well let's just say he wasn't any better.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, brownie man said:

6. Keeping Hue for a year was right. It got us Freddie

its all going to workout 

I would disagree that it wasn't bad 4-6, the others I'm going with a big Nah Dawg. I think 4 was an interesting move but it backfired because they didn't scout / draft good enough talent for their plan.

5 is still up in the air and so far has been a good idea

6 I'll agree with the last part, the first part I will not agree with and I can't believe Hue somehow ended up getting us some sort of a positive.

Archived