Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

It is interesting how highly Hoyer thought of himself, furious about drafting a qb. 

Obviously Jf was going to cast a long shadow over Hoyer, but still he wasnt a rock solid qbotf.

I wonder if that was more an issue of him being promised the opportunity to be “the man”.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wonder if that was more an issue of him being promised the opportunity to be “the man”.

Perhaps, more of a fragile ego than an entitled one. 

In 14 Hoyer did a great job playing within his limits. That was a fun season until the mack injury.

The pain that johnny caused is still tremendous, this franchise has been such a turd for so long. 

13 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Sashi ID'ed McDermott. 

I didnt think it was possible to love that man anymore.

Sashi for Mayor. Cle as a city already tanked, let him finish the process

Yeah Sashi came out of this looking pretty good....

McDermott is infinitely better than Hue.

Sashi didn’t want Hue at all.

Hue was not pounding the table for Wentz.

He and DePo were very clear to all parties as to what they intended to do.

He told Haslam not to hire him if he couldn’t see it through, Haslam caved and fired him.

etc...

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Be the guy who believes every article published?

I get that this stuff is juicy tabloid material. What I see is a low hanging fruit topic which will translate to some bucks.

You see something you don’t like an brush it off as if it didn’t happen. Most of this stuff is what we already knew happened with more details mixed in. There’s no reason to lie about the browns. We all know jimmy is a mess and the team is full of leaks. 

3 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Give Wickersham a Pulitzer. That bit about projecting DP footage on the walls of HQ for 10 minutes and not knowing how to stop it is the single best metaphor I've ever heard for Truckstop Jimmy's bungling ownership tenure! What the author failed to follow up with is the fact that being a fan during his tenure has felt like being on the unwilling receiving end of that DP. I can only (probably futilely) hope he's learned his lesson and lets everything run through Dorsey now, but while that might last for a little while, Trigger Jimmy just isn't wired like that. Sigh. Go Baker and Freddy!

"unwilling"

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

amatures

39 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You see something you don’t like an brush it off as if it didn’t happen. Most of this stuff is what we already knew happened with more details mixed in. There’s no reason to lie about the browns. We all know jimmy is a mess and the team is full of leaks. 

Okay spin doctor. Let’s try it the other way. You read something you agree with and will defend it.

There’s no reason to lie about the Browns? Uhh yeah there is. If I was a journalist I could just call up Hue Jackson, have him as an “anonymous source” and have him rip guys like Baker and make some bucks off of that.

I think you guys forget that people don’t write stories out of the kindness of their hearts or to win awards.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Okay spin doctor. Let’s try it the other way. You read something you agree with and will defend it.

There’s no reason to lie about the Browns? Uhh yeah there is. If I was a journalist I could just call up Hue Jackson, have him has an “anonymous source” and have him rip guys like Baker and make some bucks off of that.

That’s impossible.

No one cares what Hue Jackson has to say.

Archived