Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

55 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was in shock when they said the Texans offered a 2nd rd pick for Hoyer. 

I'm going to say didint happen....this is one of those pieces of speculation sprinkled next to facts.......

That Trigger gets pulled, ESPECIALLY after taking a QB in round 1...I know we cut Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden that year, but we had also signed Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen as well as brought in Conner Shaw

13 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Jimmy is VERY guilty of reactionary management.  But moreso, he's guilty of just hiring the wrong people.

Seriously, who have we fired that we really wish were still here?  Some of you Sashi disciples will say Sashi, but other than that, I got nothin.

I mean, theres an OK chance that Sashi + Sean McDermott would still be here.  not great but OK.  

I thought the one part of the article that was very clear was Farmer and Pettine intentionally passing on the "green dot" moneyball guys completely out of spite in their 2nd season. It was blatantly obvious at the time and even more so now.

47 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I'm sitting here also.  If things go south for a season hes just going to blow things up again.

I really hope he can just stay the bleep out of the way...

Only thing going south Is Jimmy towards Canton...

DxrxbFaUwAE9bjD.jpg:large

This is fascinating to me. Because apparently our "analytics" focus back then, was basically on being a smart football team? Like, I don't see anything here that smart organizations haven't been doing for like 8 years.

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

DxrxbFaUwAE9bjD.jpg:large

This is fascinating to me. Because apparently our "analytics" focus back then, was basically on being a smart football team? Like, I don't see anything here that smart organizations haven't been doing for like 8 years.

"Learn from other sports orgs." is a fascinating phrase. Like they didn't exist before then.

Yeah, that Guardrails thing is fairly cringey.  The underbelly of our suck will continue to be exposed, but I'm quite ready for all this to go away.

Maybe we'll get to talk about playoff games that we're actually playing in.  But in the meantime, we get to read excerpts from Joe Banner's memoirs.

8 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Nothing more irritating about this than realizing the ineptitude of someone whose "earned" a billion dollars when it comes to organizational structure.

I don’t, I think one issue with Jimmy was thinking he could truly run the football aspect like a business 

feel like Jimmy came in and thought he could do that but the football side of this is a completely different kind of beast 

in business, it might be smart to have everyone report to the owner but in football you truly can’t. 

In a job you can hire and fire employees and it want have any major lingering issues. In the NFL it does. 

I think Jimmy is realizing he can run it like a business and got a GM to run it properly like it should. 

God thing Dorsey is the Golden buddy boy. He will be the lead car on jimmys motorcade to Canton

Archived