Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

16 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

giphy.gif

When I read the article a second time.....this is how I felt.

I don't think there were too many lies.  I'm certain there were some embellishments, but overall, this is Seth Wickersham's type of thing.  He did a similar expose on the Pats about a year ago (chronic in-fighting, Brady forced trade of Jimmy G, Brady hates Bill, Kraft is siding with Tom, the kingdom is falling, etc.).  Yep, they're falling all right.  Playing in another Superb Owl next Sunday.

18 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This article is a sensational piece to those outside of Browns world, but at the end of the day it's hard to know what's real versus not in this article as there were so many completely untrue things in this article that we as browns followers in sync with not only past reporting, but also directs sourcing. It seems like Wikersham bit off too much than he could chew for this article and had to weave together parts of various writing and journalistic qualities.

Browns dysfunction or Haslam this or that reads true based on our pre-existing beliefs, but it is hard to take Wikersham completely serious as if he's revealing truths all through this article when we hear things like:

Things like "Justin Gilbert being Mike Pettine's pick not Farmers" -- Completely untrue by various direct and indirect sources. Things like "Todd Haley was going to decline to be interim coach" -- Completely untrue by various direct and indirect sources

There were tons of instances where the writer confused key parts on how things played out where anyone that lived through it clearly understood.

The good in the article may very well be the stuff that paints a picture into the mind and judgment and decision making process of Jimmy Haslam.

All in all. It's a lot of words and not really as good of a read as I thought it would, but I'm sure it is sensational for the Browns outsider type fan.

I just found out the writer is the same guy who tried to claim Brady, Kraft, and BB alll didn’t get along and hated each other.

So be ready for a super bowl appearance.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder how jimmy got so hot for Johnny? Who told him that Johnny would be a great pro and why was no able to dissuade him about it.

Must of been his handshake since Teddys was subpar at best to Jimmy. 

I hate that article.  This guy repeated most information that we already knew.  The 2nd for Hoyer is new to me tho.  

On 1/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder how jimmy got so hot for Johnny? Who told him that Johnny would be a great pro and why was no able to dissuade him about it.

Because in terms of NFL acumen, Jimmy is 100% sizzle and 0% steak. We just need to hope and pray he continues to back off and let Dorsey run things.

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I think any coach + Sashi combo gets fired with the talent provided.

Not a hard conclusion to come to considering the clown shoe who does the hiring and firing. 

I think any coach (besides Hue) + Sashi combo does better than 1-31.

Archived