Must read long read about haslams ownership

mistakey

This article is a sensational piece to those outside of Browns world, but at the end of the day it's hard to know what's real versus not in this article as there were so many completely untrue things in this article that we as browns followers in sync with not only past reporting, but also directs sourcing. It seems like Wikersham bit off too much than he could chew for this article and had to weave together parts of various writing and journalistic qualities.

Browns dysfunction or Haslam this or that reads true based on our pre-existing beliefs, but it is hard to take Wikersham completely serious as if he's revealing truths all through this article when we hear things like:

Things like "Justin Gilbert being Mike Pettine's pick not Farmers" -- Completely untrue by various direct and indirect sources. Things like "Todd Haley was going to decline to be interim coach" -- Completely untrue by various direct and indirect sources

There were tons of instances where the writer confused key parts on how things played out where anyone that lived through it clearly understood.

The good in the article may very well be the stuff that paints a picture into the mind and judgment and decision making process of Jimmy Haslam.

All in all. It's a lot of words and not really as good of a read as I thought it would, but I'm sure it is sensational for the Browns outsider type fan.

10 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This article is a sensational piece to those outside of Browns world, but at the end of the day it's hard to know what's real versus not in this article as there were so many completely untrue things in this article that we as browns followers in sync with not only past reporting, but also directs sourcing. It seems like Wikersham bit off too much than he could chew for this article and had to weave together parts of various writing and journalistic qualities.

Browns dysfunction or Haslam this or that reads true based on our pre-existing beliefs, but it is hard to take Wikersham completely serious as if he's revealing truths all through this article when we hear things like:

Things like "Justin Gilbert being Mike Pettine's pick not Farmers" -- Completely untrue by various direct and indirect sources. Things like "Todd Haley was going to decline to be interim coach" -- Completely untrue by various direct and indirect sources

There were tons of instances where the writer confused key parts on how things played out where anyone that lived through it clearly understood.

The good in the article may very well be the stuff that paints a picture into the mind and judgment and decision making process of Jimmy Haslam.

All in all. It's a lot of words and not really as good of a read as I thought it would, but I'm sure it is sensational for the Browns outsider type fan.

You ruin everything.

I understand the disgust from some Browns fans. Personally, I just thought it was an incredible piece of writing.

Whether it's all entirely true or not really does not matter all that much. 

People view this whole thing as Haslam never learning, making the same mistake over and over. I disagree with that. I think, in Haslam's mind, he felt he could pinpoint what he did wrong and correct it himself. He did this numerous times, as any prideful billionaire who cares too much might act.

And, it sounds like after enough literal trial and error, he realized that it's time to take a step back and let his football guy do it the right way, while still maintaining his presence within the front office.

If anything, I feel optimistic about Haslam being motivated to by this article to stay the course. Ultimately, that's where he's come off as the most heartless in this article, and I think this will always be that reminder to him of why he cannot revert back to old habits.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Now @Mind Character knows how we feel when we read his posts

JK JK. We love you MC

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Day one Team #dp checking in!!!! 

I have so many questions about that. Like for one, how in the hell would it take 20 minutes to take that down??? 

Did you see any Browns games at that time?

I believe the team reflected the organisation. 

Someone probably put the mouse in jello.

9 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Someone probably put the mouse in jello.

That mouse must have been so happy. Like, if I'm a mouse, I'd be so worried that if someone had actually grabbed me, I'm not making it out alive. So, to be dropped into a container of jello...I mean, that just goes above and beyond that which some might consider "the icing on the cake."

19 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

@mistakey is the forums ultimate gold digger, always posting legit  gold nugget tweets and articles from around dat web. ✌🤘🤟

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That phrase has a different meaning in the English language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7LcMjNszDo

Great Old School Hip Hop forever changed the meaning of the Term....:D

Shout out to one of my favorite Groups of all time....EPMD...

c0369f0839b38057d4a2a154d9ec55f4--rap-go

Archived