Is God Mode Brady the most terrifying figure in sports?

Kay z

NBA: Jordan. He tops everybody in every sport. It's not just "marketing." You only win when he let you win (until the Wizards, anyway). And he was at his absolutely unstoppable individual peak when surrounded by garbage (87-90). 

NFL: Belichick. Since you said, "figure." The NFL runs through Belichick. You only win when he gets careless and lets you win. He will take a Class 5 high school roster and beat your super team. Player-wise, Randy Moss in 98/07. 

MLB: PED Bonds at the plate. What's funny, though, is pre-PED Bonds was a better all-around player.

Boxing: Tyson before he fired Kevin Rooney.

Tennis: Nadal on clay. Federer on fast hardcourt. 

2 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

This narrative needs to die. Rockets took Warriors to 7 and probably win with CP3

You provide one example and then proceed to claim that the no parity narrative needs to die?...who won the last 3 out of 4 championships? Who's heavily to favored to win this year's championship?

32 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

You provide one example and then proceed to claim that the no parity narrative needs to die?...who won the last 3 out of 4 championships? Who's heavily to favored to win this year's championship?

You said no one was beating that team before they got Boogie. Clearly the Rockets had them on the ropes and in most peoples opinion, win that series with no CP3 injury. 

Edit: I think Warriors will win again but my point is you can't say a team is unbeatable after the fact when last year's Houstons team took them to 7. 

4 hours ago, Plat2 said:

Yeah theres ZERO parity nowadays in the NBA, nobody was beating the Warriors before they added Cousins. The reffing is also the worst that's it's ever been IMO, trying to watch the Houston Rockets is very unpleasant because of how they ref Harden, I mean he's so skilled offensively already he doesn't need the refs help.

I'm a basketball guy more than a football guy but the product the NFL puts out is alot better than what the NBA puts out these days hands down.

I mean the Bulls had 2 3-peats and a lot of people (wrongly) think they would have won 8 straight if Jordan wasn't suspended. But keep saying how it's so different now that the Warriors are huge favorites.

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean the Bulls had 2 3-peats and a lot of people (wrongly) think they would have won 8 straight if Jordan wasn't suspended. But keep saying how it's so different now that the Warriors are huge favorites.

What are you even talking about, why do you post like you got a stick up your *** Lol 

3 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

What are you even talking about, why do you post like you got a stick up your *** Lol 

Because your posts contradict themselves. You complain about parity and the current Warriors being too good while yearning for the 90s...when 1 team won 6 titles.

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because your posts contradict themselves. You complain about parity and the current Warriors being too good while yearning for the 90s...when 1 team won 6 titles.

Never said anything about parity in the 90s I just said the era wasn't weak like some said it was, you should ease up on the hostility kid it's just letters on a screen.

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Warriors have 5 future hall of famers in their prime my man. 

1 minute ago, Malik said:

The Warriors have 5 future hall of famers in their prime my man. 

I'm aware. Other teams have multiple Hall of Famer as well. They were the next step when players started actually utilizing their power. The Bulls were just as domineering...in the watered down 90s.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm aware. Other teams have multiple Hall of Famer as well. They were the next step when players started actually utilizing their power. The Bulls were just as domineering...in the watered down 90s.

Lol

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

FIVE THOUGH MY GUY. In their prime. Like 2 players who have MVPs on their team in their prime. I don't know how many NBA teams in history can say that. I know the Showtime Lakers with Magic and Kareem can and obviously Kobe/Shaq Lakers can. I'm not sure. Don't give me Celtics with a broken down Bill Walton and Larry Bird either.

14 minutes ago, Malik said:

FIVE THOUGH MY GUY. In their prime. Like 2 players who have MVPs on their team in their prime. I don't know how many NBA teams in history can say that. I know the Showtime Lakers with Magic and Kareem can and obviously Kobe/Shaq Lakers can. I'm not sure. Don't give me Celtics with a broken down Bill Walton and Larry Bird either.

Again, I get it.  They are the most talented team ever...and still came closer to losing last year than the Bulls ever did.  We're in a different era where players can control their own fates, so they are doing that.  By doing that, there are more great teams with multiple All-Star talents.  And just like in every era before, 1 or 2 teams come out on top because they did it better/got more good and great players.

I'm not saying the Bulls did exactly what the Warriors have done; I'm saying they rose to the top because they had more talent.  They didn't need 4 or 5 All-Stars to do that because the league was watered down by having All-Star talents more spread out among the teams, but the concept is the same.

26 minutes ago, Plat2 said:

Lol

Good point.  Keep talking about "ZERO" parity now like it's a new thing.

Archived