Is God Mode Brady the most terrifying figure in sports?

Kay z

53 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I watched the 90’s NBA. I don’t know a single person that watched in the 80’s that would put the 90’s above it. It’s largely viewed as the Golden Age. Aside from Jordan’s Bulls, in aggregate (IE not accounting for one huge up year), I’d still put the Spurs of the 2000’s, the Lakers of the 2000’s, the Big 3 Celtics, and prime Wade with Shaq above nearly any team in the 90’s outside the Bulls. For this decade I think it’s insane to put any of those teams above GSW or the Heat. 

Your entitled to your opinion but for me personally, I wouldnt put the Wade/Shaqs Heat and KG/Allen/Pierce's Celtics above let's say Hakeems/Drexlers Rockets or Stockton/Malones Jazz.

How would you guys rank the top 5 best teams of all time? 

Here's mine...a very uneducated opinion lol

1. MJs Bulls

2. Monstars Warriors 

3. Shaq and Kobe Lakers

4. Showtime Lakers

5. Birds Celtics

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

If you don't mind me asking: how old are you? You seem to interpret a lot of stuff like you "went back and looked" and not so much of being there.

I'm 34, and it's absolutely irrelevant.

55 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, because reading about stuff from the viewpoint of Bill Simmons and watching YouTube clips isn't the same as actually watching it unfold right in front of you.

You have about 4-5 different people in this thread, all of who followed different teams in that era, all with various viewpoints from that era, but all coming to the same conclusion because we saw it happen.

You're box score scouting, kid. To bring it back to football, you're the type who thought Blake Bortles was turning a corner last season because of some stats you managed to read, not seeing he was still the same crappy QB he was all along.

Considering how many times you've been wrong in this thread, you sure are high and mighty.  YouTube is amazing though.  They have this thing called videos, where they show entire games and not just clips as you seem to think  As in they have hundreds of games from the 80s and 90s.  There's also these things called video tapes and DVDs/BluRays, of which there are many.

You know nothing about me, but keep at it, champ.  Your memory from 25+ years ago doesn't hold up at all.

Oh, here you go:

On 1/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, ET80 said:

When I reference 1994, I'm talking about the 1994 season, NOT when the Finals were played.

If you're talking about the 1993-1994 team, I'd expect you to reference the season, not the time when the actual Finals were played. That's how most - if not all - people reference it. The Rams/Patriots are playing in 2019, but is anyone going to say they won the 2019 championship?

(For the record, the 1993 Rockets were a one man show).

I can't help you with basic fundamentals in discussions of time periods such as this.

I almost always (99%) see the NFL year referenced as when the season started, and usually (>90%) see the NBA year referenced as when the season ended (OR both years). 2015 Broncos refers to the Broncos that started season in Sept 2015, ended it Feb 2016. The 2016 Warriors refers to the Warriors team that started season in Oct 2015, ended it in June 2016. Makes sense, most of NFL season was played in 2015 for that Broncos team, while most of the NBA season was played in 2016 for that Warriors team.

Definitely can be a bit more confusion with NBA, plus when you're talking about dynasties it is even murkier, so to be clear I usually would say 00-01 Lakers rather than 01 Lakers... but I would definitely assume the 99-00 Lakers if someone just said "2000 Lakers." 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, y*so*blu said:

Buster's mom had just died. He had no fear. One of the best nights any fighter's ever had. :)

Brady inspires fear because of what he can do on the field, but not with his personality. He doesn't have that nasty streak in him.

Also Mike has admitted he didn't take Buster seriously. He came in over weight and out of shape.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:37 PM, Plat2 said:

Yeah theres ZERO parity nowadays in the NBA, nobody was beating the Warriors before they added Cousins. The reffing is also the worst that's it's ever been IMO, trying to watch the Houston Rockets is very unpleasant because of how they ref Harden, I mean he's so skilled offensively already he doesn't need the refs help.

I'm a basketball guy more than a football guy but the product the NFL puts out is alot better than what the NBA puts out these days hands down.

How? The NFL is the worst now

Just now, orpheus200 said:

George Foreman in the 70s was way more terrifying than Tyson

Liston gets overlooked too. Those guys were basically the same type of fighter. People nowadays don't get how dangerous Foreman was. 

Like there were two guys who could basically go toe to toe with Ali and have a war with him and actually win fights. Joe Fraizer and Ken Norton. Prime Foreman made them look like jokes. Everyone on here should go to YouTube right now and watch Foreman vs Fraizer. It'll take you 6 mins. Foreman knocks him down 6 times in 2 rounds. Then realize that this was the guy was the defining rival to Ali and he got massacred like he didn't belong in the ring.

For my money Foreman was way scarier than Tyson. With Tyson you could see the power and the leverage behind it. Foreman could casually just hit you with a bomb out of nowhere and drop you and make it look like it was just another punch. It looked effortless with him. He just had that much power. 

7 minutes ago, orpheus200 said:

How? The NFL is the worst now

Totally disagree with this. The NFL has way more parity. The Chiefs, Rams and Saints were not even in the semi final games last year. The Jags, Eagles and Vikings who were in the semi finals games last year all had massive down years to the point where two didn't make the playoffs and one barely got in as a wildcard. The anomaly is obviously the Patriots. 

But lets do a compariosn. Since 2011, the Finals consisted of Lebron's team every year and the last 4 years the Warriors. They account for 6 of the last 8 NBA championships. The most dominant team in the NFL only accounts for 2 Super Bowls since 2011. No other team in this time frame has went to more than 2. Even with the Patriots going to every one of the last 8 AFCCG's you still had the Ravens x2, Broncos x2, Steelers, Colts, Jaguars and Chiefs competing in the conference title game. And that's just on the more lopsided AFC side. The NFC side has had the Giants, 49'ers, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons, Eagles, and Rams represent them in the Super Bowl. Then the Packers, Cardinals, Vikings, Saints, etc were all in NFCCG's and had real shots of going. 

Btw there is a zero percent chance the Warriors don't go to the Finals and they will be massive favorites over whoever comes out of the East by a landslide. Like it's almost guaranteed they win the title this year. 

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm 34, and it's absolutely irrelevant.

Considering how many times you've been wrong in this thread, you sure are high and mighty.  YouTube is amazing though.  They have this thing called videos, where they show entire games and not just clips as you seem to think  As in they have hundreds of games from the 80s and 90s.  There's also these things called video tapes and DVDs/BluRays, of which there are many.

You know nothing about me, but keep at it, champ.  Your memory from 25+ years ago doesn't hold up at all.

Oh, here you go:

You can have your opinion, that's your right but telling poeple that watched the games live are wrong and such is a little arrogant. The discussion is bball but I think this is a good example of what I'm getting at: my Dad was in Vietnam and being he was I have always been fascinated by the war. Ive watched documentaries, read a ton and listened to stories and I feel like I'm pretty knowledgeable enough that if I had to I could write a report on it BUT I could never bring myself to tell people who lived it (not just those fighting but everyone from that time) that they're wrong about "this and that" cuz it's 1. I'd get laughed at and 2. It's not my place because I didn't see any of it. I know basketball is on a smaller scale but if a 5 year old walked up to you telling you LeBron sucked and you're wrong if you disagree you wouldn't take him seriously. Just my 2 cents, carry on with the thread. 😀

6 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

You can have your opinion, that's your right but telling poeple that watched the games live are wrong and such is a little arrogant. The discussion is bball but I think this is a good example of what I'm getting at: my Dad was in Vietnam and being he was I have always been fascinated by the war. Ive watched documentaries, read a ton and listened to stories and I feel like I'm pretty knowledgeable enough that if I had to I could write a report on it BUT I could never bring myself to tell people who lived it (not just those fighting but everyone from that time) that they're wrong about "this and that" cuz it's 1. I'd get laughed at and 2. It's not my place because I didn't see any of it. I know basketball is on a smaller scale but if a 5 year old walked up to you telling you LeBron sucked and you're wrong if you disagree you wouldn't take him seriously. Just my 2 cents, carry on with the thread. 😀

That's fine, but there are things he was factually wrong about, not an opinion about the quality of the game.

I'm also not 5 years old.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's fine, but there are things he was factually wrong about, not an opinion about the quality of the game.

I'm also not 5 years old.

Maybe so but it sure looked like his "opinion was wrong" on some of what I read.

Nobody said you were 5 lol

Archived