Is God Mode Brady the most terrifying figure in sports?

Kay z

30 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Maybe so but it sure looked like his "opinion was wrong" on some of what I read.

Nobody said you were 5 lol

I mean, we disagree, so I think he's wrong.

Sorry, thought you brought up a 5-year-old because I was 5 when the 90s started, saying me telling them they're wrong now as equating to current 5-year-old telling me I'm wrong about current basketball.

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Watch Foreman in his prime. People legit were scared for Ali's life and that's not hyperbole. 

I didn't say wasn't intimidating but Tyson continuously has ranked among and usually on top of most terrifying boxers of all time.

That was shocking at how long that count was for Buster Douglas. That should not have gone on that long, I remember people saying it was long but that was like 13 seconds.

34 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, we disagree, so I think he's wrong.

Sorry, thought you brought up a 5-year-old because I was 5 when the 90s started, saying me telling them they're wrong now as equating to current 5-year-old telling me I'm wrong about current basketball.

No sir, I was just trying to convey my point and threw out 5 randomly. No disrespect intended.

6 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

No sir, I was just trying to convey my point and threw out 5 randomly. No disrespect intended.

No worries.

@ET80, @Plat2, and anyone else.  Sorry for being condescending at times.  I'm very passionate about the NBA and can get worked up once in a discussion, but I wasn't trying to be high and mighty or anything.

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

No worries.

@ET80, @Plat2, and anyone else.  Sorry for being condescending at times.  I'm very passionate about the NBA and can get worked up once in a discussion, but I wasn't trying to be high and mighty or anything.

It's all good, man. Been a few years since I've passionately argued basketball, so it was nice to get into a little scrap about it. 

50 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Watch Foreman in his prime. People legit were scared for Ali's life and that's not hyperbole. 

It is hyperbole. Foreman was a great but he was not a FEARED boxer like Tyson was. Foreman was more of methodical fighter and was great because of skill set, range and ring awareness. Tyson was feared because of his unique stance and style (styles make fights) that had never been seen before and that went hand in hand with his speed and power IN BOTH HANDS, not just one. This ultimately made the uppercut so popular and feared at the time because with of all these things combined......he truly was the total package.

A uppercut is a high risk high reward type of punch for all fighters. It can knock someone out in a single punch due to the impact, but it also leaves more of your body wide open during the exchange for a longer time than any other punch. Most fighter's style naturally have them standing straight up, head to head, with an opponent when they throw an uppercut. However, Tyson's style was different so it wasn't ever a problem with him because his style and power both allowed him to consistently move his head back and forth in a forward motion. so opponents never knew when it was coming and he could hit you with that uppercut without standing in front of you. 

His style and power is what made him so unique. He could land hard punches on you from ever angle and damn near defy the laws of gravity.  

And although I was not old enough to have watched Ali in his prime, I'm very confident in saying that he did no fear anyone at the time. I mean, this man was fighting for more than just boxing at the time and stood his ground.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It is hyperbole. Foreman was a great but he was not a FEARED boxer like Tyson was. Foreman was more of methodical fighter and was great because of skill set, range and ring awareness. Tyson was feared because of his unique stance and style (styles make fights) that had never been seen before and that went hand in hand with his speed and power IN BOTH HANDS, not just one. This ultimately made the uppercut so popular and feared at the time because with of all these things combined......he truly was the total package.

A uppercut is a high risk high reward type of punch for all fighters. It can knock someone out in a single punch due to the impact, but it also leaves more of your body wide open during the exchange for a longer time than any other punch. Most fighter's style naturally have them standing straight up, head to head, with an opponent when they throw an uppercut. However, Tyson's style was different so it wasn't ever a problem with him because his style and power both allowed him to consistently move his head back and forth in a forward motion. so opponents never knew when it was coming and he could hit you with that uppercut without standing in front of you. 

His style and power is what made him so unique. He could land hard punches on you from ever angle and damn near defy the laws of gravity.  

And although I was not old enough to have watched Ali in his prime, I'm very confident in saying that he did no fear anyone at the time. I mean, this man was fighting for more than just boxing at the time and stood his ground.

Foreman was feared just as much probably more than Tyson. And Ali wouldn’t have feared Tyson either 

18 hours ago, lancerman said:

I watched the 90’s NBA. I don’t know a single person that watched in the 80’s that would put the 90’s above it. It’s largely viewed as the Golden Age. Aside from Jordan’s Bulls, in aggregate (IE not accounting for one huge up year), I’d still put the Spurs of the 2000’s, the Lakers of the 2000’s, the Big 3 Celtics, and prime Wade with Shaq above nearly any team in the 90’s outside the Bulls. For this decade I think it’s insane to put any of those teams above GSW or the Heat. 

I'm taking Shaq and Penny's Magic, Malone and Stockton's Jazz, and Hakeem's Rockets over Wade and Shaq's Heat.

Also, the Sonics were great from 1993-1998. They would have been a good challenge for them.

Archived