Is God Mode Brady the most terrifying figure in sports?

Kay z

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I was randomly watching old Mike Tyson clips - vs Trevor Burbeck and Frank Bruno.

Tyson has to be the only universal answer here - when that kill switch was engaged, he destroyed people.

I still have every single one of his fights on tape dating back to the Olympics. There has never been noone that I have ever watched personally that was more "terrifying" than him. The mere mention of his name at the time scared opponents to death. 

I still believe till this day that had Cus not died, his life would not have spun out of control liek it did at the time.  

I have always loved boxing but that all started with him. I was one of those with the chip in boxes to get free PPV (channel 3 lol) and I used to set my VCR to record every fight. I still remember how pissed off everyone was that the fight against McNeely only lasted seconds.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I still have every single one of his fights on tape dating back to the Olympics. There has never been noone that I have ever watched personally that was more "terrifying" than him. The mere mention of his name at the time scared opponents to death. 

I still believe till this day that had Cus not died, his life would not have spun out of control liek it did at the time.  

I have always loved boxing but that all started with him. I was one of those with the chip in boxes to get free PPV (channel 3 lol) and I used to set my VCR to record every fight. I still remember how pissed off everyone was that the fight against McNeely only lasted seconds.

30-0 before he was even old enough to drink! 3 bouts lasted longer than 6 rounds. 

50 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

This narrative needs to die. Rockets took Warriors to 7 and probably win with CP3

That's not parity.  Parity in the NBA existed when there were 10 or more championship quality teams every year, and the playoffs were more than an appetizer.  Having 4 teams capable of winning a championship, all residing in the same conference is not parity.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That's not parity.  Parity in the NBA existed when there were 10 or more championship quality teams every year, and the playoffs were more than an appetizer.  Having 4 teams capable of winning a championship, all residing in the same conference is not parity.

Never said that. I was responding to someone saying no one was beating the Warriors before they added Boogie. Last year Rockets were up 3-2 and then CP3 got hurt. 

It would be like if the Rams win the SB I say no one was beating the Rams this year when clearly we had a very fortunate break to beat NO 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I would like you to list 1 season that had 10 contenders. Real contenders.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I would like you to list 1 season that had 10 contenders. Real contenders.

Pick about any season in the 90s.

Bulls, Knicks, Pacers, Heat

Suns, Spurs, Blazers, Rockets, Jazz

Were pretty much always contenders.  Real contenders.  And you could usually count on there being 1 more of Lakers, Magic, Cavs, Kings, Hawks, Sonics also being in the discussion.  

I lived it dude.

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Were pretty much always contenders.  Real contenders.  And you could usually count on there being 1 more of Lakers, Magic, Cavs, Kings, Hawks, Sonics also being in the discussion.  

I lived it dude.

The Jordan Bulls were like the Warriors. Too much talent. 90, 94, 95, 99 it was exciting. The other years less so.

10 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I lived it dude.

Well you listed 9 total teams, and almost none of them overlapped.  And you are seriously pushing some of these teams.  That's like saying the Celtics, Jazz, Raptors, and Blazers were contenders last season.  Just because a team won a lot of games and could take a series to 6 doesn't mean they were contenders.

I want you to go 1 season and name more than 5 teams that had an actual chance to win the title.  As in were serious threats to the Bulls with Jordan, not won 50 or so games in the regular season.  Only argument would be 1994.

Enough of this "I lived it so I know it" argument from you guys.  You aren't the only ones who watched basketball in the 90s.

44 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Enough of this "I lived it so I know it" argument from you guys.  You aren't the only ones who watched basketball in the 90s.

If you don't mind me asking: how old are you? You seem to interpret a lot of stuff like you "went back and looked" and not so much of being there.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

If you don't mind me asking: how old are you? You seem to interpret a lot of stuff like you "went back and looked" and not so much of being there.

Dude thinks he's the authority on basketball around here or something lol

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

No, because reading about stuff from the viewpoint of Bill Simmons and watching YouTube clips isn't the same as actually watching it unfold right in front of you.

You have about 4-5 different people in this thread, all of who followed different teams in that era, all with various viewpoints from that era, but all coming to the same conclusion because we saw it happen.

You're box score scouting, kid. To bring it back to football, you're the type who thought Blake Bortles was turning a corner last season because of some stats you managed to read, not seeing he was still the same crappy QB he was all along.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No, because reading about stuff from the viewpoint of Bill Simmons and watching YouTube clips isn't the same as actually watching it unfold right in front of you.

You have about 4-5 different people in this thread, all of who followed different teams in that era, all with various viewpoints from that era, but all coming to the same conclusion because we saw it happen.

You're box score scouting, kid. To bring it back to football, you're the type who thought Blake Bortles was turning a corner last season because of some stats you managed to read, not seeing he was still the same crappy QB he was all along.

I watched the 90’s NBA. I don’t know a single person that watched in the 80’s that would put the 90’s above it. It’s largely viewed as the Golden Age. Aside from Jordan’s Bulls, in aggregate (IE not accounting for one huge up year), I’d still put the Spurs of the 2000’s, the Lakers of the 2000’s, the Big 3 Celtics, and prime Wade with Shaq above nearly any team in the 90’s outside the Bulls. For this decade I think it’s insane to put any of those teams above GSW or the Heat. 

Archived