2019 Schedule Discussion

brooks1957

On 1/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm predicting 12-4 with loses to NE, LAR, and splitting Pit and Balt. We win the AFC North and get a 1st round bye in the playoffs. We make it to the AFC Championship game and lose to KC. Then in the 2020 season we win the SB. 

1peaka.jpg

14 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I was listening to the Dustin Fox /John Dorsey / Senior Bowl interview in the car this afternoon. It was being mentioned about how many Sunday 1 pm games have had in previous years mostly due to the lack of star power on the team. Baker took care of that. It was mentioned that the Browns will probably be looking at multiple national TV games. The final nugget that was dropped - it was suggested that the Browns will open on the road as the second game of the Monday night doubleheader at Arizona.

We'll see.

Yuck.  Bad for me, the old man that gets up early.  And bad for my team to have a late Monday night game on the west coast for a likely short turnaround early Sunday game the next weekend.

Thumbs down.  Hope it doesn't happen.

36 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yuck.  Bad for me, the old man that gets up early.  And bad for my team to have a late Monday night game on the west coast for a likely short turnaround early Sunday game the next weekend.

Thumbs down.  Hope it doesn't happen.

I am with you, bud. A game that late on a work night blows.

1 minute ago, brooks1957 said:

I am with you, bud. A game that late on a work night blows.

The NFL shouldn’t schedule that nonsense tbh.

I’d have to imagine a game finishing 1am is a hardship a lot of Browns fans aren’t going to endure. 

If they insist on games with late start times like that, make sure they’re teams in MST and PST.  Let the east cost teams play early, east coast teams play late.

1 and 4 o’clock games on Sundays work much better for most fanbases.

Because of who the teams are - Patriots and Rams

Because they may try to spin the Baker vs Darnold/Garoppolo/Lamar - Jets, 49ers, Ravens

Depending on who else is fighting us for a playoff spot in our division - Ravens/Steelers (Not very high on the Bengals this upcoming season)

I think we’re looking at around 3 primetime games. 

Logically, one within the AFCN and 2 outside. 

I’ll go with Baltimore within the division.

Others that make sense outside of the division are BUFF/AZ with the young QBs/connections, New England since they’re on primetime six times a year anyways, so our odds are good there, or maybe a Seattle. 

Archived