NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

There are so many good backs coming out this year, I think this class actually might be deeper than last years. We won't be able to get Barkley, but we will have a shot at picking up a legit starting caliber RB for sure. If we get that, plus we can keep Blount, we will have a sick combo of RBs that can make plays. Honestly, I am hoping we got OL early right now, Peters is still very good, but he won't be around much longer, and we are in need of at starting caliber guard.

Very happy we have Jones coming in next year as that should make our DBs look so much better. 

Haven't watched a lot of Josh Adams, but he wouldn't crack my top 5.

He runs upright, not great speed, and seems kinda stiff.

Can't really speak on his vision or anything cause I need to see more. He seems to run hard though.

If I had to guess he's more of a 3rd round to 5th round guy.

I didn't know the order to rank them besides the top 2, so I'm going the easy way out for now.

Top 5:

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Derrius Guice

3a. Ronald Jones II

3b. Bryce Love

3c. Nick Chubb

Rest of top 10 (in no order):

John Kelly

Rashaad Penny 

Sony Michel 

Mark Walton

Royce Freeman

Honorable Mention: Myles Gaskin (really wanted him in the top 10), Ty Johnson, Bo Scarbrough (health scares me), Damien Harris, Kallen Ballage (need to see more production)

15 hours ago, Jeezla said:
  • 1 Saquon Barley

• 2 Derrius Guice
  • 3 Bryce Love
  • 4 Nick Chubb
  • 5 Josh Adams
  • 6 Royce Freeman
  • 7 Kalen Ballage
  • 8 Bo Scarborough
  • 9 Ronald Jones
  • 10 Akrum Wadley

Agree?

1. Saquon Barkley

2. Derrius Guice

3. Nick Chubb

4. Bryce Love

5. Royce Freeman

6. Josh Adams

7. Rashaad Penny

8. Ronald Jones

9. John Kelly 

10. Damien Harris

After the first two they're all pretty close, though. 

38 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Bryce Love also wasn't getting any love and he's top three in just about everyone's list - it happens. 

He wasn't getting a bunch, but I saw some people on draft twitter saying they liked Love as much as McCaffrey last year and this summer. 

I just don't see what makes Adams so great. He has okay balance, not very good speed, and doesn't move laterally that well.

He seems tough and can break tackles, but I think he's just gonna make a solid NFL back rather than a pretty good one.

Saw someone compare him to James Starks. I kinda like that. Same size. Upright runners. Probably about the same speed.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Need some Notre Dame fans that have watched a lot of Adams to weigh in here @roysmyboy31 @BigBillsFan13 @Tyty

Adams looks like one of the better backs I've seen out of ND in a while but it's hard to say if that's on the o-line or not since pretty much every rb is having some sort of success running behind it. He looks pretty stellar otherwise tho

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Adams looks like one of the better backs I've seen out of ND in a while but it's hard to say if that's on the o-line or not since pretty much every rb is having some sort of success running behind it. He looks pretty stellar otherwise tho

Would you say Adams looks noticeably better than Prosise as a prospect? How is his lateral movement?

Archived