NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

2 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Looked phenomenal - I was already pretty impressed with him but last night he solidified himself as a top 15 pick, IMO. 

Quiet first half, but damn did he make plays when it counted.

Any of you watch Boise vs Oregon? Leighton Vander Esch would make a nice MLB for us.

Image result for leighton vander esch vs oregon

Looks like he'll tackle a bear trap with his face, but that's ok. That's what visors are for. Cover that face up while he flies around like sloth from the Goonies, tackling the turds out of people. Zombies wouldn't even attack him because he already looks like he'll eat your lower extremities, without any Lowrys or anything.

I think we need to give up on Hicks. Going into denial would only put us in the Dallas situation where they refuse to get someone to replace Sean Lee because Sean Lee, when on the field, is great. Same with Hicks. The problem is these guys aren't going to stay on the field. We need a sturdier MLB.

25 minutes ago, Phire said:

I think we need to give up on Hicks. Going into denial would only put us in the Dallas situation where they refuse to get someone to replace Sean Lee because Sean Lee, when on the field, is great. Same with Hicks. The problem is these guys aren't going to stay on the field. We need a sturdier MLB.

I don't know if "give up on" is the terminology I'd use. I just believe that we need to be adding better depth to this team behind what we have. Joe Walker, Najee Goode, Kamu Grugier-Hill, and the recently signed, now starting MLD Dannell Ellerbe aren't what I would consider quality depth at the LB position.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't know if "give up on" is the terminology I'd use. I just believe that we need to be adding better depth to this team behind what we have. Joe Walker, Najee Goode, Kamu Grugier-Hill, and the recently signed, now starting MLD Dannell Ellerbe aren't what I would consider quality depth at the LB position.

Yeah, "give up" may have been a bit strong, but my feeling is that we have to find a replacement for Hicks for the immediate upcoming season.

27 minutes ago, Phire said:

Yeah, "give up" may have been a bit strong, but my feeling is that we have to find a replacement for Hicks for the immediate upcoming season.

I think Ellerbe has shown nicely during his short time here. Wouldn't upset me if we went with Hicks and Ellerbe into 2018.

2 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Put some respect on Nate Gerry's name please.

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I agree Gerry is a guy to keep an eye on but he's an OLB/S tweener, a possible replacement for Kendricks.

I think Flajole/Schwartz did a great job matching up personnel we had 4 LBs in on this play. The play was still wonderful.  

Yeah he's the Brian Rolle/Keenan Clayton mold of this current Eagles defense. Not expecting anything from him other than special teams play and garbage time defense.

But that effort showed me a lot. He's fearless, used leverage well, and diagnosed that play quickly. 

1 minute ago, 808 said:

Yeah he's the Brian Rolle/Keenan Clayton mold of this current Eagles defense. Not expecting anything from him other than special teams play and garbage time defense.

But that effort showed me a lot. He's fearless, used leverage well, and diagnosed that play quickly. 

I thought he was going to be our London Fletcher...dayum why you gotta do me like that? 

Archived