NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Also getting rid of anyone that just turned 30 was a mistake. Having some experience veterans that can add a lot of new experience to the locker room is a good thing. 

Yea having Dawk here in 2009 on would’ve helped McDermott and anyone else transition better from Jim.

some of them worked out well, like along the oline  and I think they got cocky. 

I mean in some way these mistakes helped us get the team we had this year. But you just wish they figured some of this sooner. Andy was never a non players coach but that environment was very businesslike and they nickeled and dime their way into losing that core and being a patchwork team quickly.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Yea having Dawk here in 2009 on would’ve helped McDermott and anyone else transition better from Jim.

some of them worked out well, like along the oline  and I think they got cocky. 

I mean in some way these mistakes helped us get the team we had this year. But you just wish they figured some of this sooner. Andy was never a non players coach but that environment was very businesslike and they nickeled and dime their way into losing that core and being a patchwork team quickly.

what is the point in being cocky if you never won anything? Those teams had a weak mentality just like every chiefs team has now. This team just always had a different feel from top to bottom then even the best of Andy's teams. 

Jeezla No Trade Dream Draft

1 Leighton Vander Esch LB

4 Tre'Quan Smith WR

4 Andrew Brown DT

5 Will Richardson OT

5 Mike White/Chase Litton/Kyle Lauletta/Kurt Benkert QB 

6 CB/S/RB/OG/C/Or another LB. Not sure who. Not even sure if we have a 6th round pick.

7 Johnny Townsend P

53 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we have no 7th jeezla we have our 6th still though

Townsend round 6! He's got hang-time, distance, and accuracy! 

We really gotta trade down though. 

How much does the 32nd pick get paid? Can we afford our rookie class?

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Townsend round 6! He's got hang-time, distance, and accuracy! 

We really gotta trade down though. 

How much does the 32nd pick get paid? Can we afford our rookie class?

we cant afford anything right now lol

After drafting Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas last year. I have to think ball skills is something our front office is prioritizing.

Just look at our other defensive backs.

Mills played 18 games this year and had 19 PDs and 3 INTs

Darby played like 9.5 games (got hurt early in week 1 and only played a bit of week 17) and had 15 PDs and 3 INTs

Robinson played 19 games and had 19 PDs and 5 INTs

Haven't heard of him yet, but two things stand out from that description.

The first being that he's an 'absolute dog', because we know that's exactly the type of player Joe Douglas seems to like.

Other thing that obviously stands out is that he has some of the 'better ball skills in this draft'. 

Only cut up I can find right now, but you can see the ball skills on display. Has loose hips. Can close pretty quick.

You can see that he's got some speed when he tries to chase the guy from behind.

Need to watch more, but he's a name to keep in mind for the slot besides the obvious ones like Dawson, Stewart, etc.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, Jeezla said:

Jeezla No Trade Dream Draft

1 Leighton Vander Esch LB

4 Tre'Quan Smith WR

4 Andrew Brown DT

5 Will Richardson OT

5 Mike White/Chase Litton/Kyle Lauletta/Kurt Benkert QB 

6 CB/S/RB/OG/C/Or another LB. Not sure who. Not even sure if we have a 6th round pick.

7 Johnny Townsend P

Isnt Vander Esch not really good in coverage? Wouldnt that make him a poor replacement for Bradham?

23 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I have not noticed, nor read anything that would suggest this so I'm not sure where you're getting this from. 

A couple podcasts I listen to mentioned it. His scouting reports are mixed about it. I watched like 3 games of cut ups on him and he seems to mostly be going down hill. Didn't see much of him in coverage. He seems to be an ideal fit at MIKE not the way that the Eagles use a SAM backer like Bradham

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A couple podcasts I listen to mentioned it. His scouting reports are mixed about it. I watched like 3 games of cut ups on him and he seems to mostly be going down hill. Didn't see much of him in coverage. He seems to be an ideal fit at MIKE not the way that the Eagles use a SAM backer like Bradham

I agree that he fits in at MIKE and not at the SAM - however, I wouldn't say he's not very good in coverage. 

2 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I agree that he fits in at MIKE and not at the SAM - however, I wouldn't say he's not very good in coverage. 

Not good in the realm of what the Eagles would ask the Bradham replacement to do is what I meant. Coverage is not his greatest strength which is what the Eagles really ask of their LB's a lot

Archived