Las Vegas Stadium News

NickButera

5 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

You mean the NFL could schedule our first home game 3 weeks into the season? Possible but not likely. The NFL seems to like hosing us through the schedule. 

I don't see why they wouldn't.  I'm sure they'd rather do that then have us playing our first home game at UNLV.

2 minutes ago, true2form said:

I don't see why they wouldn't.  I'm sure they'd rather do that then have us playing our first home game at UNLV.

I have grown to be very negative when it comes to how the NFL treats this franchise. If they did schedule our first home game a couple of weeks into the season, it would be a surprising kindness. 

3 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

They could possibly rent a facility just for the interim in Nevada. So long as the stadium is ready by the season opener, it will be fine. 

i could be wrong here, but I thought the deal they made with Oakland for this year was that, in the case of a delay with the vegas stadium the Raiders would play 2020 in Oakland as well.

Just now, BackinBlack said:

i could be wrong here, but I thought the deal they made with Oakland for this year was that, in the case of a delay with the vegas stadium the Raiders would play 2020 in Oakland as well.

Yeah, I read that. But there is no need to use that option IF the stadium can be ready by week 1. 

• Like 1

Away, away, Mexico City home game, away, bye, London home game, away, San Diego home game to celebrate the whatever, Los Angeles home game for remembering the LA Raiders, away, Oakland home game to remember...get the picture. LOL Maybe a 2nd London game and they start printing London Raiders tshirts and the next thing you know some other teams colors are on the Vegas stadium and Marks pulls his hair out realizing it was a grand plan of the NFL to get Al rolling in his grave...

22 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-don-t-believe-las-043405128.html

oh brother imagine having to go back to Oakland for another year. 

We are never going back to Oakland. Never. I read there isn't an option to go back and there shouldn't be. Worst case we would have to use a college stadium or another venue for the time being.

59 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I have no doubt it'll be finished. The contractor would probably get fined for not completing the stadium on time.

There are penalties.  Upwards of millions a day for a contractor to not get it finished on time.  Then there is the 'definition' of "finished"  Where maybe its usable with minor number of crews in there while an event is going on.  Construction contracts wording is very very playable...

On 1/11/2020 at 4:39 PM, agarcia34 said:

Was reading how the PSL sales have almost doubled what they expected. With that extra money they have added some extra features like a better internet connection. 

If anyone has ever been to a game in Oakland knows getting a signal from ur cell phone provider was a very hard thing to do. 

Also PSLs are the biggest scam tbh 

All we get due to the increased PSL sales is better internet?  

Regarding the biggest scam, are you referring to scammers selling PSL's or just that the Raiders are charging A LOT.

After reading your post I researched sales.  I initially read they intended to sell $500M in PSL's.  Today they said only $250M were to be sold but sales are so robust they were at an additional $220M in sales and probably more by now. 

50 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

All we get due to the increased PSL sales is better internet?  

Regarding the biggest scam, are you referring to scammers selling PSL's or just that the Raiders are charging A LOT.

After reading your post I researched sales.  I initially read they intended to sell $500M in PSL's.  Today they said only $250M were to be sold but sales are so robust they were at an additional $220M in sales and probably more by now. 

The initial projected sales in PSL's was 250 Million. On January 11th when a report came out it said it overexcited sales by 228 million. 

The better-expected sales allowed them to give a better internet connection, suits, and other things. 

I think the whole PSL thing, in general, is a scam. Your paying money to have first dibs on purchasing season tickets for those seats. If you don't buy season tickets for a season you lose all that money you paid for that PSL unless you sell your PSL.