2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

55 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Nobody really talking about Emannuel Hall, but he also killed it with a 43.5" vert (to tie Boykin for the record) and a 4.39 40.

He's going to be super raw as a rookie. Virtually only ran slant and vertical routes at Mizzou. His times don't surprise me but any team drafting him will be hoping he develops as a route runner. 

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Whats the story with Christian Wilkins/Dexter Lawrence's backup Albert Huggins?

Is he good?

6'3" 305 35 reps with 33 1/2" arms is nice.

LJ Collier, Daniel Wise, and Dre'Mont Jones are all basically the same size.

I never noticed Huggins a ton till this past season, but physically he looks the part and played behind some obvious talent at Clemson.  My guess with this bench performance and how he is put together he will be drafted somewhere in the mid to late rounds.  

43 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Metcalf's athletic profile is wild:-

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 3⅜" 87
Weight 228 lbs 95
Wingspan 82⅞" 97
Arm Length 34⅞" 98
Hand Size 9⅞" 81
40 Yard Dash 4.33s 95
Vertical Jump 40½" 93
Broad Jump 134" 97
3-Cone Drill 7.38s 2
20 Yard Shuttle 4.5s 3
Bench Press 27 reps 99

They are historically great numbers for sure with a guy that size.  Harry did a lot of the same things at that size just did not have the blazing 40 time that was very impressive.  But then again they only started doing bench press at the combine for WRs in 2007 or something right?  A lot of guys from a few years back did not even do it, and a few I think could have put up some decent numbers in David Boston, Marty Booker, Anquan Boldin, Jerry Porter, Andre Johnson, Kelley Washington, Roy Williams, Michael Clayton, Vincent Jackson etc.  If Eddie Royal can get 24 in the bench who knows and again the list I had of top bench press numbers for WRs, it is not a super impressive list minus the guys from this current 2019 combine class.

37 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

CeLzIwkUMAAT9jV.jpg

Should be Kool-Aid but whatever still is funny.  Oddly enough for Stick's numbers at the combine to surprise anyone, why, did they never watch him play at NDSU?  

13 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He's going to be super raw as a rookie. Virtually only ran slant and vertical routes at Mizzou. His times don't surprise me but any team drafting him will be hoping he develops as a route runner. 

So he's basically Torrey Smith, but with potentially better hands. I wouldn't mind having that on my squad until he develops his routes. 

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So he's basically Torrey Smith, but with potentially better hands. I wouldn't mind having that on my squad until he develops his routes. 

Not a terrible comp. I'm a MU fan so I've watched all his games. I don't know about better hands. His hands are somewhat suspect but he is very good at running the nine route and our offense was noticeably worse when he missed time this year. He seems to have a great head on his shoulders. Dealt with his dads unexpected death this year remarkably well and he seemed really well liked by his teammates. 

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Not a terrible comp. I'm a MU fan so I've watched all his games. I don't know about better hands. His hands are somewhat suspect but he is very good at running the nine route and our offense was noticeably worse when he missed time this year. He seems to have a great head on his shoulders. Dealt with his dads unexpected death this year remarkably well and he seemed really well liked by his teammates. 

Did he get injured during the Georgia game, or did Baker just shut him down? He was one of the leading wr's in yards until that point, and didn't seem the same after he missed the next few games and came back. 

5 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Did he get injured during the Georgia game, or did Baker just shut him down? He was one of the leading wr's in yards until that point and didn't seem the same after he missed the next few games

He was very hurt in that game. IIRC he was hurt the game before. Was dealing with a hamstring injury and played as a decoy. Not sure if he would have had a ton of success against Baker but he wasn't remotely 100%.

15 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He was very hurt in that game. IIRC he was hurt the game before. Was dealing with a hamstring injury and played as a decoy. Not sure if he would have had a ton of success against Baker but he wasn't remotely 100%.

That explains why he never looked 100% afterwards

Could be a steal for someone in round 4

Is Torrey Smith or Kenny Stills a better comp?

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Nobody really talking about Emannuel Hall, but he also killed it with a 43.5" vert (to tie Boykin for the record) and a 4.39 40.

I like him. Reminds me of Mike Wallace. Just a lil taller but very similar combine numbers.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That explains why he never looked 100% afterwards

Could be a steal for someone in round 4

Is Torrey Smith or Kenny Stills a better comp?

Probably a toss up but I'd lean towards stills. I was thinking 4 sounds right. 3 to me would just be too early but he does have major potential if he gets some good coaching. 

Hall to me was someone that always had great deep speed but not elite explosiveness. His vert and broad jump were surprising measures so maybe I was wrong on that assessment. 

3 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Is that stuff about Metcalf's body fat percentage being 1.6 legitimate? If so, that's the equivalent to a positive steroids test.

Just looking at him in some images seems to be enough to just go ahead and say he tested positive for steroids...but if someone's body fat percentage is sub-4, it's pathognomonic for steroid use.

Looks like both he and A.J. Brown are roided up to their eyeballs. Wouldn't touch either with a ten foot pole. 

No. I'm not sure how the NFL tests bodyfat, but even DEXA scans, the gold standard of widely accessible testing, can be off by a few % points. 1.6% BF is probably not attainable without dying or getting dangerously close for most people. Bodybuilders, on stage, are usually no less than 4% BF, which should put things into perspective. If I had to guess I would say DK is like 8% BF.

He certainly looks like a roided up freak, but then again, so do a ton of NFL players. More likely just the result of being genetic freaks receiving optimal training and nutrition.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Should be Kool-Aid but whatever still is funny.  Oddly enough for Stick's numbers at the combine to surprise anyone, why, did they never watch him play at NDSU?  

Agreed. As an alum of an FCS school, I've watched him quite a bit. His threat is more with his legs than his arm (which at times is lacking). So this is not unexpected. 

16 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Agreed. As an alum of an FCS school, I've watched him quite a bit. His threat is more with his legs than his arm (which at times is lacking). So this is not unexpected. 

I do not think Stick is like say Nick Fitzgerald that has little chance of playing QB and is a position change type guy, I thick Stick can stay at the position based on his leadership, his intelligence and how he manages the game.  Knows how to use his legs to buy time and I feel he has a good enough arm to be a backup in the league.  Amazing college career of course and is a prototype 'winner' that is for sure.  He would make a great late round pickup possibly, and really he has been pretty dang good for quite a long time, it is not like he just came on the scene or something for NDSU.  

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I do not think Stick is like say Nick Fitzgerald that has little chance of playing QB and is a position change type guy, I thick Stick can stay at the position based on his leadership, his intelligence and how he manages the game.  Knows how to use his legs to buy time and I feel he has a good enough arm to be a backup in the league.  Amazing college career of course and is a prototype 'winner' that is for sure.  He would make a great late round pickup possibly, and really he has been pretty dang good for quite a long time, it is not like he just came on the scene or something for NDSU.  

Yeah, he's a good QB. I agree with you. I think his ceiling is as a backup in the league. But I think he's gonna land somewhere and make a team happy with how well he helps to solidify the position. He's a leader and can make plays. I just don't agree with my NDSU counterparts in FCS (not all of them believe this BTW) that Stick is a 1st round prospect like Wentz was.

Archived