SB 53 (or LIII for purists)

bruceb

SB 53 (or LIII for purists)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Pats defense went from being pretty lousy during the regular season to fantastic in the postseason. I've never seen any team in any sport that consistently turns it up a notch during the playoffs.

They communicate and tackle incredibly well.

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Pats defense went from being pretty lousy during the regular season to fantastic in the postseason. I've never seen any team in any sport that consistently turns it up a notch during the playoffs.

Bill B did that for us when he coached here.

Kept us in games with D schemes.

Knows better than anyone how to use what he has, and how to get what he needs.

25 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

The lines and defense dominated this game. 

I still want to build this offense up but this was another reminder why we need to continue to address the defense...HEAVILY.

They were both extremely well coached teams. 

The Rams defense, without Aaron Donald having a huge game,  was outstanding, so was the Pats defense without any true stars.

Goff has a good arm, but he can't work the pocket that well. 

Belichick deserves all the kudos he's getting, but...

I'm not sure who was worse last night - Goff or McVay.  I mean, I saw zero signs of any adjustments on the Rams' part.  They kept running the same plays with the same looks with the same personnel groupings.  I was astonished.  Goff definitely choked under the pressure, but McVay was maybe just as bad.

11 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Belichick deserves all the kudos he's getting, but...

I'm not sure who was worse last night - Goff or McVay.  I mean, I saw zero signs of any adjustments on the Rams' part.  They kept running the same plays with the same looks with the same personnel groupings.  I was astonished.  Goff definitely choked under the pressure, but McVay was maybe just as bad.

I like McVay and think that he's a really good coach, but put me in the realm of guys that doesn't think that he's some type of pure genius/savant like many make him out to be. His entire offense is predicated on 3-4 WR sets, a solid ground attack, built on throwing between 20-30 times a game, most of which are playaction/rollout and vertical. If you're able to run the ball, then it's great, but if you're not, you're at a disadvantage. Throw in the fact that Jeff Fisher and his archaic offense/QB philosophy was the black background to the diamond that is McVay, and it makes him sparkle a lot more brilliantly than actuality.

These last two Super Bowls have proven one major thing to me:

The better team will win regardless of the type of game or scenario facing them. Eagles won with a backup QB because they had the better team. Patriots won last night in a very ugly slugfest. If you have the better team, you will overcome any obstacle.

Archived