TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

First off, are you setting your age range at 21? 

Shes not real. Or I'm just automatically picturing a 21 year old hottie when really she's just busted. I can't think of a reason why a 21 year old girl would be after a dude your age. 

She may be real and just a hooker though. There's always that. 

How old do you think I am? Im just 32.. Yeah I have the age at 21. I got 9 matches so far and only one of them is in there 30s. All the rest are mid like 23-25. Its kinda irrelevant tho - as the hot 21 year old unmatched me.  Most of these other chicks are like 6 outta 10, so that sucks. One is a black chick tho, so that could be fun.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

How old do you think I am? Im just 32.. Yeah I have the age at 21. I got 9 matches so far and only one of them is in there 30s. All the rest are mid like 23-25. Its kinda irrelevant tho - as the hot 21 year old unmatched me.  Most of these other chicks are like 6 outta 10, so that sucks. One is a black chick tho, so that could be fun.

for now while you are just having some fun and nothing serious go for it...but I found trying to actually getting into a relationship of even the smallest amount of seriousness exhausting with people that young.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yea that's what I thought you were. That 21 year old was a scam profile most likely. I went through my Tinder days. 

Like @Kiltman said, it's nice to mess around for a while if that's what you want but dating girls that young is going to be a huge headache. I dated a girl that was 27 (I was 34), there was way more of a social gap then I thought there'd be. I was suddenly the old guy hanging around kids that were doing what I was doing almost 10 years ago. It was a bit embarrassing. Though my current gf is 29 (I'm 35), it's a pretty good match. She's way more mature than her age. Way more relaxed with partying and drinking. But if you want to go HAM for awhile, don't blame you, than def test the waters with the younger crowd. Just don't be surprised if you cant relate very well and grow tired of the immaturity. I had better luck with women my age, in a similar situation, looking for what I was looking for. You'll be surprised with how many are cool with just a physical relationship with a couple Sundays visits to a winery mixed in but little else promised. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

for now while you are just having some fun and nothing serious go for it...but I found trying to actually getting into a relationship of even the smallest amount of seriousness exhausting with people that young.

It really is. Its almost painfully exhausting. The only way that works is if your really immature to lol. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea that's what I thought you were. That 21 year old was a scam profile most likely. I went through my Tinder days. 

Like @Kiltman said, it's nice to mess around for a while if that's what you want but dating girls that young is going to be a huge headache. I dated a girl that was 27 (I was 34), there was way more of a social gap then I thought there'd be. I was suddenly the old guy hanging around kids that were doing what I was doing almost 10 years ago. It was a bit embarrassing. Though my current gf is 29 (I'm 35), it's a pretty good match. She's way more mature than her age. Way more relaxed with partying and drinking. But if you want to go HAM for awhile, don't blame you, than def test the waters with the younger crowd. Just don't be surprised if you cant relate very well and grow tired of the immaturity. I had better luck with women my age, in a similar situation, looking for what I was looking for. You'll be surprised with how many are cool with just a physical relationship with a couple Sundays visits to a winery mixed in but little else promised. 

I feel like there are a ton of 20 somethings on Tinder. Thats like the bulk of what I see. Im not trying get serious with anyone though, just want to find some new people to chill with. Its gets super boring sitting around this apartment at night. And I can only rewatch the GoT episode so many times, haha.

I feel like @Matts4313 your a perfect candidate for a Russian dating site lol. Test candidate that is. Seriously, you probably got the job, the house/spread, lifestyle young Russian bride would just love. She would make you borscht night and day, literally that is all you would ever eat again. She would be completely not there for you at all emotionally or mentally, but she would be a dime piece bro for a long time, there built to last my friend. 

You go through it, let us know how it goes, we all follow suit and get it on it and get our self's a Russian chick to. And we have a giant footballsfuture.com/Russian family get togethers. Be sweet. Try every ones Borscht, drink vodka, make our Russian kids wrestle bears we rented from the local circus,  be so much fun!!

Edited by Bednarik60

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like there are a ton of 20 somethings on Tinder. Thats like the bulk of what I see. Im not trying get serious with anyone though, just want to find some new people to chill with. Its gets super boring sitting around this apartment at night. And I can only rewatch the GoT episode so many times, haha.

you can toggle the age range to cut off at a certain point...I found 23 and up was good for people who
A) I could have fun with, share in some life experience
B) I wouldn't be annoyed with

Living near a handful of colleges, and in the "I had a kid when I was 18-20" northeast hub...I had the cards stacked against me for anything serious though.
Have a lot of horror stories though...became so apathetic with it I blew off my first planned date with my now GF a year ago.

Bumble is decent @Matts4313, more attractive pool typically and it's on the women to talk first...so you don't have to think up a line just to get no response.
But the DTF to Relationship-seeker ratio might be tipped more towards the latter compared to Tinder.