The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Darby for a year would be fine. But because I honestly am not real confident in anyone else. He could be a decent buffer for a year for other guys to develop, young guys or draft. But investing in him long term right now is not where I want to be. 

I’d like Long to make his mind up while there’s other guys on the market. Love the guy but can’t  be held hostage by a 30 something edge rusher. Would save 5M if he retired. Roll that into Houston or Suh. Ok, I’m still infatuated with Suh, shuddup.

And also, still would like to see what Brown is asking. I am conflicted because now I’m getting infatuated with these comp picks and I KNOW Howie thinks about them too. 

Hunt got an 8 game suspension in case anyone doesn’t know. 

These indiscretions are so asinine to me nowadays. I mean, not just NFL, any crime. Donesnt everyone realize everything’s on camera. Everything. It really only comes down to whether or not authorities want to spend resources finding you. 

26 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Disagree. Coming back off an injury, and IMO have to continue to allow LeBlanc/Maddox/Rasul develop and draft another corner for depth.

I would in a heartbeat bring in Zach Brown and Houston who would fill in the holes we have now. 

You have a problem with Darby coming back from injury but Houston hasn't played a full season in like 5 years. 

• Like 1

A 1 year deal for Darby is best case scenario for sure as opposed to a multi-year deal. Especially if that report of less than 9m a year is true. He's not the best corner, but we have had MUCH worse.

I want to cultivate the young talent too but what if they collectively take a step back instead of forward? We would be screwed lol.

1 hour ago, DeJack_10 said:

No one is saying Houston would start for us. 

Darby isn’t coming here unless he starts. 

The guy is coming off an injury Darby may not start the beginning of the year. If the young guy plays well they won't sub him out just because Darby makes more $. 

Edited by nlesthought

How much cap space do we have? 

OTC has 19m, but DeSean's, Darby's, LJ's and Malik's contract is not included, neither is Bradham's restructure. 

-5m (my estimate) DeSean

-8.5m Darby

-7m (my estimate) Malik

-1.4m LJ

+5m Bradham restructure

That means, the Eagles should have around 2m cap space left. No more major signings I guess, unless they can shed some salary somehow.

14 hours ago, furti said:

How much cap space do we have? 

OTC has 19m, but DeSean's, Darby's, LJ's and Malik's contract is not included, neither is Bradham's restructure. 

-5m (my estimate) DeSean

-8.5m Darby

-7m (my estimate) Malik

-1.4m LJ

+5m Bradham restructure

That means, the Eagles should have around 2m cap space left. No more major signings I guess, unless they can shed some salary somehow.

correction, the 19m included 10m for DeSean. So that is actually a 10m swing to my earlier calculation. 

so that makes 12m. 6m for the rookies and there is still some breathing room left.