NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Joe Marino:

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/lockedonbills?selected=LKN9742477884

Says that Ed Oliver is clearly the Bills top choice but the likilhood of him being available are slim.

Says the other two guys linked heavily to Buffalo are Jonah Williams and DK Metcalf.

Williams makes sense because he is a "process" guy through and through, fits a need, fits value and has worked with Bills OC before.

Metcalf would make some sense too because he fits a need and the Bills haven't shy'd away physical specimens in year one (Allen and Edmunds last season). 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Right now I got 

1. AZ- Murray

2. SF- QWill

3. Oak(from NYJ)- Bosa

4. NYJ- Oliver

5. TB- White

6. NYG- Haskins

Almost a lock that it's bosa for the 49ers now. I'm back up to like 85 / 15. Peter King mocked Bosa to them, and he has an in with the 49ers. Hasn't missed a first rounder for the 49ers since 2014. Matt Maiocco (one of our beat writers, and very good), also has Bosa. The rumor was today (posted by goldfish earlier) that the impression Lynch gave was that they have done their due diligence on Bosa and it sounded like he was their guy,  and King reports that the FO has loved him since the Cotton bowl in 2017. I would put more emphasis on MM and King than if every other rando like Ian, etc said they thought the pick was QW. The only way I'd change my mind at this point is if Shefty came out and said something disagreeing with it. 

So I'm thinking 85% Bosa / 12% QW / 3% trade down (Completely arbitrary percentages based on how I feel). At his point now, I'd be very surprised if the pick was someone else...though if it was QW, I wouldn't be unhappy about it. As long as it's one of those two, I'm good. 

I feel like the Giants are going to get Josh Allen at 6 for some reason and get a quarterback (Daniel Jones) at 17. 

Can't wait for Thursday 

If there is any merit to this “surprise” Oakland pick, I think it’s Drew Lock. 

I wouldn’t really consider Devin White a surprise. He could go as high as 5 to Tampa, and no one would bat an eye. But no one - in these circles at least - is expecting them to go QB really. They’ve snuffed out any indication of selecting a QB with that pick all off season while showing Carr support. It could all be just an elaborate plot to secure their man. And if you’re worried about information leaking, it’d make sense to worry 10x more over a substantial investment like QB. It’s a position teams would be willing to move up for if they knew they had to jump Oakland to get their guy.

Thursday can’t come quick enough.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

If there is any merit to this “surprise” Oakland pick, I think it’s Drew Lock. 

I wouldn’t really consider Devin White a surprise. He could go as high as 5 to Tampa. No one would bat an eye. But no one - in these circles, is expecting them to go QB really. They’ve snuffed out any indication of selecting a QB with that pick all off season while showing Carr support. It could all be just an elaborate plot to secure their man. And if you’re worried about information leaking, it’d make sense to worry 10x more over a substantial investment like QB. It’s a position teams would be willing to move up for if they knew they had to jump Oakland to get their guy.

Thursday can’t come quick enough.

STOP.

Just now, Counselor said:

Oliver can play edge....

Based on what? He never played there in college... PJ Hall is just as athletic, if not more athletic, than Oliver and was the most dominant edge in FCS history yet couldn't hang at edge last season. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Shhhh. Let him keep blindly hating Oliver. You should see him in our forum haha.

Blindly hating? Can you please give me some examples of DT's that weren't pass rushers in college that shifted to the edge in the NFL and became dominant there? Interested to see how many guys fit that mold... 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what? He never played there in college... PJ Hall is just as athletic, if not more athletic, than Oliver and was the most dominant edge in FCS history yet couldn't hang at edge last season. 

It was a joke

Archived