NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I wouldn't say it's set in stone. Quinnen Williams has made a major push as of late. It's not like Bosa is a tier above QW.

I think it's more Bosa is more of a need and QW is just the better talent. 

Not a rumor, but the guys who put together the watch list for the senior bowl noted that, by their count, next year's OL crop is substantially less deep (as in their having trouble filling out their normal complement of OL tabbed to watch and monitor for potential/likely invites) than this season's.  So savvy teams with OL needs projected for either this season or next will likely address that need early and double back around for defensive talent with the depth of the class (outside of ILB and safety, IMO).  I'd also interpret this to mean that we could see multiple runs on OL by or before Round 3.

Ian Rapoport: "Everyone expects them to take Kyler Murray but that is not something that has come out of their building. Not a decision that has been firmly made. They have not informed Murray that he is the pick. They have not informed Rosen that they are going with someone else at QB. They are going to have this meeting featuring all the key decision makers and finalize things and likely keep it a secret before the draft. Meanwhile there's a parralel universe going on here as well because Josh Rosen is still in the building. First in the building everyday doing off-season conditioning. There's a veteran minicamp that starts today and goes through Thursday. Josh Rosen is going to be on the field for that. My understanding is I know people are expecting the Cardinals to make trade calls regarding Josh Rosen. I talked to several teams that need a QB and they haven't called any of those teams. They simply have just not. So we are still wondering what is actually happening with the Cardinals QB situation."

Archived