NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

Just now, Broncofan said:

You can easily put on 10-15 lbs of extra weight drinking water.   You will be making a bee line for the bathroom right after weigh in though and usually it’s noticeable.   

I don't doubt that he could have put on some additional weight specifically for the weigh in, but can't verify it in any reliable way to state it as fact. 

My assumption says yes, but it's an assumption at most.

The 5' 10", however? You can't drink water to grow an inch, or I'd be 6' 2" after a visit to a fire hydrant...

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I think trading up for non QBs is always dumb. 

Depends on how much it costs and if the player is truly generational.   Julio was a good deal.   

Sammy Watkins and Davenport didn’t seem to be that level esp given the price (and fact that the WR class was loaded - at least in Davenport’s case it was thin at the top although I’d have been fine with Harold Landry and staying put).  

Generally though yeah I’m with you there.  Especially at the cost that’s being discussed.   Moving into the top 3 costs a mint.  

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don't doubt that he could have put on some additional weight specifically for the weigh in, but can't verify it in any reliable way to state it as fact. 

The 5' 10", however? You can't drink water to grow an inch, or I'd be 6' 2" after a visit to a fire hydrant...

So that makes you 5’7?

Just now, Broncofan said:

Depends on how much it costs and if the player is truly generational.   Julio was a good deal.   

Sammy Watkins and Davenport didn’t seem to be that level esp given the price (and fact that the WR class was loaded - at least in Davenport’s case it was thin at the top although I’d have been fine with Harold Landry and staying put).  

To each their own but I like to have as many shots at good players as possible especially inside the top 60-70. Trading up for Davenport was god awful.

10 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Hearing 32 picks will be made tonight. We shall see...

Don't be so sure! Trading Down is Trending Up, and we may see teams that are unable to find trade partners voluntarily wait until tomorrow to make their first round selections. Crazy stuff.

44 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What I am doing is pancakes. What you're doing is toast. Everybody knows pancakes > toast.

That's an incredibly Canadian take from you.  And I know you.  You're not Canadian.  Don't be Canadian, jrry.

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I’m not liking Bucky Brooks’ prospect blurbs on his rankings on the ticker on NFL Network. Mayock’s were better.

Welp, Mayock can't drop a board in public anymore, or he'd have to suspend himself for leaking information...xD

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Those would have to be some really thick socks lol.  

Just now, SBLIII said:

I think trading up for non QBs is always dumb. 

Why? 

Is the converse then true? If you are not drafting a QB you should always trade down?

Market is what the market bears as far as draft capital cost to trade up. And if there is a player that will make you better than the 2 players of lesser quality you gave up, you make the trade. Whether it's a QB or any other position.

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

To each their own but I like to have as many shots at good players as possible especially inside the top 60-70. Trading up for Davenport was god awful.

Yeah no argument there.  Julio is the exception that proves the rule.  And that was a much lower cost because it was moving up to 1.6.  

Just saying it’s not without exceptions but agree it’s a bad general practice to do to get “your guy” unless it’s a special generational talent.  

Just now, VegasDan said:

Why? 

Is the converse then true? If you are not drafting a QB you should always trade down?

Market is what the market bears as far as draft capital cost to trade up. And if there is a player that will make you better than the 2 players of lesser quality you gave up, you make the trade. Whether it's a QB or any other position.

the probability that the trade up is in your favor is not good though so yes I would rather trade down and improve my chances of hitting on draft picks. Sure when it's lower pick but I never like my team trading up inside round 1 and 2 and giving up valuable picks.

Archived