Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

Just now, warfelg said:

I think if he nixes all these deals we hold onto him. Because we can simply say that we have him under contract, we tried to find a deal, he said he doesn't want to go anywhere, so that implies he wouldn't sign with anyone as a FA.

Simply from a dead money/contract perspective keeping him would make sense anyway but I wonder if the relationship is too bad right now.

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Simply from a dead money/contract perspective keeping him would make sense anyway but I wonder if the relationship is too bad right now.

I kinda say at that point 'so what'.  If the Steelers try to work out multiple deals, and he refuses to show up at any of the places that they find a deal with, I think that simply telling him "too bad we tried, you are under contract" is a reasonable thing to say.

17 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think if he nixes all these deals we hold onto him. Because we can simply say that we have him under contract, we tried to find a deal, he said he doesn't want to go anywhere, so that implies he wouldn't sign with anyone as a FA.

No question. Brown needs to be careful; he's playing fast and loose like he is a free agent. There is definitely a good chance he stays on the Steelers after refusing to report to a couple teams.

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

No question. Brown needs to be careful; he's playing fast and loose like he is a free agent. There is definitely a good chance he stays on the Steelers after refusing to report to a couple teams.

Yup.  What's funny was he was out on South Beach yesterday training with Terrell Edmunds, Jaylon Samuels, and 2 other young Steelers players.

I don't know whether he's refusing to report to any teams. I think that's all conjecture stemming from Ian Rap being bad at his job. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was, but Rap's the only head mentioning it and it's right after his blown AB to Buffalo scoop. I think he's just covering his butt.

That being said, I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if AB ended up back in Pittsburgh when this is all said and done.

18 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't know whether he's refusing to report to any teams. I think that's all conjecture stemming from Ian Rap being bad at his job. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he was, but Rap's the only head mentioning it and it's right after his blown AB to Buffalo scoop. I think he's just covering his butt.

That being said, I actually wouldn't be at all surprised if AB ended up back in Pittsburgh when this is all said and done.

FWIW:

Gerry tweeted this out before Crapaport tweeted it out.

Just now, warfelg said:

FWIW:

Gerry tweeted this out before Crapaport tweeted it out.

Bills GM saying they were out Tuesday and that it was the last time they spoke to the Steelers. Perhaps PIT is trying to get a team to bid against themselves

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Bills GM saying they were out Tuesday and that it was the last time they spoke to the Steelers. Perhaps PIT is trying to get a team to bid against themselves

That's not what he said.  He said the inquired Tuesday and kept talks open.

So let's review:

Brown refuses to play for the Steelers

Brown doesn't want to play for a crappy team

Brown doesn't want to play for a team that isn't going to give him a bunch of guaranteed money

I'm starting to think Brown isn't going to be playing for anyone......

Archived