Broncos trade for Joe Flacco

champ11

I'm just curious about a couple of things, and have a few things to point out. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Historically Flacco's been pretty much an Iron Man at that spot, missing starts only in 2015 and last year. Does he have any lingering issues or are they just age related?

As far as PO QB's he's been a good one. He really seems to step up his game.

His arm strength has always been considered top 5 in the NFL. If I remember right he throws a really nice deep ball and is also pretty accurate on medium length throws. Throws both with a lot of zip. Is that still the case?  If so, thats something we haven't had in ages and really changes the way you defend Denver.

Just his presence on the field makes our running game much better. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Scango can do with him. He's already on record as saying excellent arm strength for a QB in his system is "non- negotiable". Flacco would fit that bill while Keenum never will.

I am not sure if my thinking is correct but:

The Ravens will have to pay $16M of Joe's salary this next season and we will have to pay the other $10.5M of his contract.....correct?

When we cut Case we will save $11M but have $10M in dead money .............correct?

Looking at these figures, looks like if Joe doesn't work out, we have a one year lease on Joe this year for $.5M in exchange for a 4th round draft choice....correct? But next year if you cut him it will cost us $8M or $28.5M to keep him next year.

Please correct me if this is wrong.

1 minute ago, iLikeDefense said:

What does that look like when you remove Keenum’s 2017 season? Flacco is an upgrade for sure.

Absolutely! I'm much less concerned with statistics than I am with Flaccos ability to stretch the field. Pretty hard for a defense to defend just 20 yards and dare Flacco to beat 'em deep like they did with Case. Toss in a WCO/Shanny style and this could be a real treat.

Also, gives us another chance to win a SB with an aging but still competent QB. Seems to be our team MO>

4 minutes ago, kansas bob said:

I am not sure if my thinking is correct but:

The Ravens will have to pay $16M of Joe's salary this next season and we will have to pay the other $10.5M of his contract.....correct?

When we cut Case we will save $11M but have $10M in dead money .............correct?

Looking at these figures, looks like if Joe doesn't work out, we have a one year lease on Joe this year for $.5M in exchange for a 4th round draft choice....correct? But next year if you cut him it will cost us $8M or $28.5M to keep him next year.

Please correct me if this is wrong.

So according to Spotrac there is no guaranteed money in the deal. We can cut him whenever we want, no cost.

Annual salaries we have to pay are $18.5m/2019, $20.25m/2020 and $24.25/2021.

Cutting Case costs us $10m in dead money but saves us $11m against the cap.

Thats the best info I got k bob.

34 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think there are some great points as to how Flacco can spread the offense. We need to get some outside speed to take full advantage though. 

Just sign John Brown. He and Flacco have a great connection. The Sickle Cell might be an issue with the altitude but he's got all of the ability. 

You guys are going to read a lot of negative stuff, but just ignore it. Flacco will be good for you. 

I don't know why but I immediately thought of this play when I heard the news.

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Is Flacco an upgrade though? And is upgrading from a non starter to, like, the 25th best QB in the league worth the upgrade? 

I'm gonna wait and see how the rest of the offseason goes before setting my opinion in stone

Remember when we thought, "Hey, anyone would be an upgrade to Siemien." Well... 

25 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Just sign John Brown. He and Flacco have a great connection. The Sickle Cell might be an issue with the altitude but he's got all of the ability. 

Well in the interest of John Brown not dying on a football field they'll have to look elsewhere. xD

Archived