Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

50 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It hurts seeing Patterson making another huge play. I have no clue why we got rid of him.

We do not resign special teams players unless they kick the ball and we can over pay them.  It is frustrating since players like Patterson can be signed relatively cheap, can play multiple positions, and have a huge impact on a few games a year. Just like Mack would have made a difference in all of our close games, Patterson could have put us over the top in a couple more that Mack would have kept us close in.

37 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With Lynch gone a month and maybe more, it would be great to swing a trade for Jordan Howard but I know that won't happen. 

Yeah a tanking team throwing away assets for Jordan run forward Howard. Naw I'll pass. 

3 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Why not? They're obviously going for a QB. Good for them.

If we get the #1, there is a worthy #1 QB in this draft in April, and the Giants are sitting there at #2 or 3 we could trade out for a Herschel Walker sized load.  We would only have to trade a few spots to get a ton and still be able to get one of the top defenders.  A team like the Jags that could be picking in the 5-7 range and is a QB away from potential SB contender would be perfect.  1st and 2nd this year + 1st and 3rd next year to move down to 5.  We could still get one of the top d-line prospects and the #1 next year would still be atop ten pick if the QB played like the average 1st round rookie QB.

Archived