Draft General (Media Mocks, Big Board Etc)

goldfishwars

Just thought this would be a good place to dump non-rumor related news or articles floating around that perhaps don't quite deserve their own thread. For example:

Daniel Jeremiah put out his second top 50 big board yesterday: 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018821/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-20

There were some surprises:-

• Christian Wilkins at 4 (way higher than I've seen so far)
  • Andre Dillard at 10 (higher than most)
  • Marquise Brown at 13 (higher than most)
  • Brian Burns at 36 (lower than most) 
  • LJ Collier at 40 (way higher than most)
  • Dalton Risner at 46 (lower than most)

I like Wilkins and don't really have an issue with him at #4. My top 3 prospects would be Bosa, Q, and Allen and then a drop-off in talent in a not so impressive of a draft class but Wilkins isn't far behind and I wouldn't be surprised if he went top 10. I could see him rising above Oliver and Simmons if teams have their concerns about either one. However as a Jets fan I kinda hope we don't trade back. I'd be happy with any one of the Bosa/Q/Allen who are the true elite talents this year.

I don't have an issue with him having Murray at 15, but DJ had him at 29 prior and that is laughable. Murray would've been the QB3 last year, hes the QB1 this year and will go top 5. I'm predicting a trade back with OAK, who wants to stockpile picks and are in the drivers seat for a trade back after the top 3 come off. Redskins? Jags? Dolphins?

Definitely think he's too high on Hockenson, Jacobs, and Dillard, I don't think it's fair to consider them top 10 prospects. I'd personally have Bosa, Q, Allen, Murray, Gary, Wilkins, Cody Ford, Greedy Williams, Jeffery Simmons, and Jonah Williams as my top 10. Also think he's way off on Clelin Ferrell, who I'm not crazy about but he's definitely explosive off the line and DJ says he's not which I disagree with.

Also don't like where he has his CB's on the board, all way too low and we've seen CB's repeatedly get drafted early and often bc they play a premium position. Greedy Williams is worthy of top 10 from a talent standpoint, I also like DeAndre Baker in a man scheme and Byron Murphy in zone, and would have all of them higher up personally. Aside from Bosa and Allen, I'm more impressed with the CB's than the edge players this year. I see holes in the game of guys like Polite, Sweat, Ferrell, and mostly everyone beyond the two big dogs.

Overall, not bad, but not how I'd have it either. 

9 hours ago, goldfishwars said:
  •  
  • LJ Collier at 40 (way higher than most)

I'm a big fan of Collier in the 2nd/3rd range, but late first? Whew! Either Mayock is using him to throw up a smokescreen, or he's got some inside info that could be legit.

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

• Christian Wilkins at 4 (way higher than I've seen so far)

I actually had him this high. I think he's somewhere around #5 on my big board. I don't factor in positional importance to my grades. Aston FB #1, Oliver DT #2, Bosa DE #3, Quinnen DT #4, Ferrell #5, Wilkins #6.  So factoring in positional importance, Wilkins is my #5 prospect. He's just good at everything and doesn't take snaps off at all.

• Andre Dillard at 10 (higher than most)

Ain't nothing wrong with this. He's my top rated OT.

Marquise Brown at 13 (higher than most)

A little high, but he's around #16 on my board. I have him as the 3rd rated WR, but he has a higher ceiling than N'Keal Harry so I could see this.

Brian Burns at 36 (lower than most)

Kinda low, but he's clearly in the tier 2 of pass rushers.

LJ Collier at 40 (way higher than most)

I have watched exactly 0 of his tape. What's he all about?

• Dalton Risner at 46 (lower than most)

I really like Risner, but I don't find this to be too low. He's a 2nd round OT because of his athletic limitations. He's going to be a solid starter, but nothing more. Luckily for him, people are craving even average OT's.

34 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tough, rugged player. Nice hesitation-bull rush. He's one of those inside/outside guys who can play base end and then reduce to rush against the guard. Shorter guy, but he has long arms and doesn't play small (Senior Bowl measurements:     6022    280    34 3/4    9    81 1/4). Reminds me a little of Trey Flowers, without the technical refinement. I'm a big fan, but I don't see him in the 1st, not by a long shot. In fact, I'd be shocked if he's drafted in the top 50 selections. I'd like him on my team, though. Good energy. Needs development but could be really quite solid down the line. 

EDIT: I cut a gif of one of my favorite plays he made against the run. I think this gives a good sense of the player. TCU did him no favors asking him to stand up and rush as much as they did. Although he wasn't awful at playing from a two-point stance, I think he's better hands in the dirt. He's #91.

PFF's pre combine top 50 is up:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2019-nfl-draft-board-the-pre-combine-top-50

1. KYLER MURRAY, QB, OKLAHOMA
The highest-graded quarterback in college football this past season. We haven’t seen a quarterback that is as dangerous with both his arm and legs since Russell Wilson.

2. NICK BOSA, EDGE, OHIO STATE
Bosa had a higher pass-rushing win rate as a true freshman than Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell and Jachai Polite had this past season.

3. QUINNEN WILLIAMS, DI, ALABAMA
Williams earned the highest grade we’ve ever given to a college interior defensive lineman (96.0) in his lone season as a starter at Alabama.

4. JONAH WILLIAMS, OT, ALABAMA
The Alabama left tackle was the second-highest graded tackle in the nation despite facing stout SEC competition and allowed only 12 pressures.

5. JOSH ALLEN, EDGE, KENTUCKY
Allen had far and away the highest pass-rushing grade of any college edge defender this past season at 94.3.

6. BYRON MURPHY, CB, WASHINGTON
A 47.7% completion percentage against and 17 forced incompletions made Murphy the highest-graded corner in the country this past year.

7. DEANDRE BAKER, CB, GEORGIA
Baker has posted back-to-back 90.0+ graded seasons in coverage. This past year, he allowed all of 10 first downs and no touchdowns all season long.

8. JEFFERY SIMMONS, DI, MISSISSIPPI STATE
He tore his ACL but did it so early in the process that he could still play as a rookie. Simmons had a run-defense and pass-rushing grade over 90.0 this past season.

9. GREEDY WILLIAMS, CB, LSU
His third season wasn’t quite as dominant as he was a season prior, but he still only allowed 27 of his 74 targets to be completed.

10. DWAYNE HASKINS, QB, OHIO STATE
Haskins certainly improved as the season went on, but his 84.9 passing grade leaves us with some reservations.

11. JERRY TILLERY, DI, NOTRE DAME
Tillery tied Williams for the highest pass-rushing grade among interior d-linemen in college football. Tillery’s sack totals don’t tell the whole story as he was a dominant week in and week out.

12. DEVIN WHITE, LB, LSU
No linebacker in college football had a higher grade in coverage than White’s 91.6 last season. His freakish athleticism suggests it was no fluke.

13. ANDRE DILLARD, OT, WASHINGTON STATE
Dillard had the highest pass-protection grade of any starting tackle in the country at 94.0 this past season.

14. BRIAN BURNS, EDGE, FSU
Burns racked up the most pressures of any Power-5 defender in the country last year with 69.

15. JAWAAN TAYLOR, OT, FLORIDA
Taylor came into his own on the right side for Florida this past season and finished with the third-highest run-blocking grade among starting Power-5 tackles.

16. JACHAI POLITE, EDGE, FLORIDA
Polite came out of nowhere to notch the second-best pass-rushing grade among Power-5 edge rushers.

17. CHRISTIAN WILKINS, DI, CLEMSON
Wilkins was top three in both run-defense and pass-rushing grade among interior players this past season.

18. D.K. METCALF, WR, OLE MISS
Metcalf’s numbers aren’t anything special, but his physical traits and high-end plays are promising.

19. DALTON RISNER, OT, KANSAS STATE
Risner started all four seasons at Kansas State and his career-low grade was 87.9 overall.

20. DRE’MONT JONES, DI, OHIO STATE
No player in the FBS rushed the passer more than Dre’Mont Jones’ 500 snaps this past year. The man simply didn’t come off the field and still produced with a 90.5 pass-rushing grade.

21. T.J. HOCKENSON, TE, IOWA
Hockenson had the second-highest receiving grade among tight ends in college football this past year, dropping one pass on 51 catchable targets.

22. ED OLIVER, DI, HOUSTON
His pass-rushing finally came around with a 90.8 grade this past season, but considering his size and the competition he was facing, he still has a ways to go.

23. J.J. ARCEGA-WHITESIDE, WR, STANFORD
Arcega-Whiteside led the entire draft class with 19 contested catches this past season on only 32 contested opportunities.

24. CODY FORD, OT, OKLAHOMA
In Ford’s lone season as a starter, he allowed all of seven pressures all season long and didn’t allow a sack until the playoffs.

25. DEVIN BUSH, LB, MICHIGAN
Bush can be a weapon as a blitzer in the right scheme. He had top-five pass-rushing grades among off-ball linebackers each of the past two seasons.

26. CLELIN FERRELL, EDGE, CLEMSON
Ferrell racked up 14 sacks and 14 hits on the season and has an ideal build to fit in any scheme.

27. DEIONTE THOMPSON, S, ALABAMA
He got exposed more down the stretch this season but Thompson made plays from centerfield that few NFL safeties are even capable of.

28. AMANI ORUWARIYE, CB, PENN STATE
Oruwariye had the best week of any corner at the Senior Bowl, notching the highest win rate among all defenders in the 1-on-1s.

29. DEXTER LAWRENCE, DI, CLEMSON
340-plus pound nose tackles are going the way of the Dodo in the NFL, but Lawrence is a pretty ridiculous athlete for his size. He had the 12th-best pass-rushing grade among interior players in all college football.

30. ELGTON JENKINS, C, MISSISSIPPI STATE
The Mississippi State center allowed all of five pressures this past season on 369 pass-blocking snaps.

31. DREW LOCK, QB, MISSOURI
Lock paired an NCAA-leading 33 big-time throws with only six turnover-worthy plays as a senior.

32. TAYLOR RAPP, S, WASHINGTON
Rapp was one of the most assignment-sure safeties in the country this past season and missed just two tackles on 56 attempts.

33. A.J. BROWN, WR, OLE MISS
Brown was the definition of a complete receiver for Ole Miss. He forced 17 broken tackles, had 34 explosive plays and only dropped five passes on 90 catchable targets.

34. NASIR ADDERLEY, S, DELAWARE
We don’t have full data on Adderley yet, but his range and speed were evident at the Senior Bowl practices.

35. ANDY ISABELLA, WR, UMASS
Isabella was the highest-graded receiver in the country, racking up 1,696 yards including 219 against Georgia.

36. ZACH ALLEN, EDGE, BOSTON COLLEGE
Allen was one of the best run defenders in college football in 2017 before a 90.3 pass-rushing grade this past season. He was an ironman for BC, playing 107 snaps against Wake Forest alone this past season.

37. MARQUISE BROWN, WR, OKLAHOMA
Brown was a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. He broke 17 tackles on 77 catches and scored 10 touchdowns.

38. DEEBO SAMUEL, WR, SOUTH CAROLINA
Samuel broke an absurd 21 tackles on only 62 catches this past season and had a fantastic week at the Senior Bowl.

39. GREG LITTLE, OT, OLE MISS
Over the past two seasons, Little allowed 26 total pressures on 993 pass-blocking snaps.

40. JULIAN LOVE, CB, NOTRE DAME
Love’s 21 forced incompletions were the sixth most in college football last season and his 14 coverage stops ranked 10th.

41. JOSH JACOBS, RB, ALABAMA
On the season, 41.0% of Jacobs’ carries resulted in either a first down or a touchdown, the highest rate in the country.

42. CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON, S, FLORIDA
Gardner-Johnson is perfect for the slot/safety hybrid role in today’s NFL. He led all secondary players with 22 coverage stops this past season.

43. KHALEN SAUNDERS, DI, WESTERN ILLINOIS
Saunders moves like an edge and even played there at times for Western Illinois. He went to the Senior Bowl and had the second-highest win rate among interior players in the 1-on-1s.

44. RASHAN GARY, DI, MICHIGAN
Gary’s production has yet to catch up to his freakish athleticism. He earned a 68.3 pass-rushing grade this past season.

45. L.J. COLLIER, EDGE, TCU
Collier improved every year at TCU and then went to the Senior Bowl and had the highest win rate of any player in the 1-on-1s.

46. TE’VON CONEY, LB, NOTRE DAME
Coney had the fourth-highest coverage grade among eligible linebackers while also adding value as a pass-rusher with 20 pressures on just 76 pass-rushing snaps last year.

47. DAVID MONTGOMERY, RB, IOWA STATE
Montgomery broke the PFF record with 100 broken tackles on 258 carries this past season.

48. DARNELL SAVAGE, S, MARYLAND
Savage has back-to-back seasons with grades over 86.0 overall. He’s a missile around the line of scrimmage, laying some impressive hits in the flat.

49. WILL GRIER, QB, WEST VIRGINIA
Grier tied Drew Lock for the NCAA lead with 33 big-time throws and had the second-best passing grade behind  Murray.

50. MAX SCHARPING, OT, NORTHERN ILLINOIS
The four-year starter had pass protection grades above 87.0 every season of his career.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:30 AM, BleedTheClock said:

He's a surprisingly good athlete. But his tape makes you cringe because his bull rush is most of what he has. He reminds me of Everette Brown from Florida St. back in 2009. Brown had a similar build with a explosive first step and good power but pretty much only relied on a spin move or a bull rush to get to the QB. Collier is much in the same mold and he needs some coaching.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Pff really knows what they're doing 

my big board would've looked very similar except Murray would've been farther down and Mack Wilson would've been in my top 25

regardless what people think about them. They watch every single snap. Their grades really project NFL success well.

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Pff really knows what they're doing 

my big board would've looked very similar except Murray would've been farther down and Mack Wilson would've been in my top 25

It doesn't look like their big board is solely based on grades. 

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

regardless what people think about them. They watch every single snap. Their grades really project NFL success well.

Can you show any evidence of that?

Archived