Gregory suspended indefinitely

textaz03

That really is good news and a bit of a surprise as normally the league doesn’t treat the cowboys that well.   I just think if I was the management I wouldn’t put any faith in him at least other teams won’t either so if he’s eligible he will be a cheap and high quality body 

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Moral compasses and winning are an odd things, no?

Johnson/Switzer teams had more delinquents and junkies than the entire NFL combined, yet we now find having two embarrassing.  

I'm not really disagreeing with your thoughts here btw, just making an observation.  

Odd how that works out. Truth is, the world is trying to portray this image of a squeaky clean, antiseptic society, when the fact is just the opposite. 

People are not perfect, never were and never will be.

Example, Robert Kraft gets pinched in a brothel sting.

But it's small change compared to say...smoking a joint.

To me it is critical that we sign 2 DE's this offseason but looking at this as a whole Lawrence is in the same boat. Might be needing to look at a Clowney, Ford, Smith and even a combination of them(lower ranked for the 2nd DE) instead of ET or another safety. DE will help make the safeties look better(IMHO) and until Taco Tuesday becomes Taco gameday we cannot trust his lame ***. 

1 hour ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

To me it is critical that we sign 2 DE's this offseason but looking at this as a whole Lawrence is in the same boat. Might be needing to look at a Clowney, Ford, Smith and even a combination of them(lower ranked for the 2nd DE) instead of ET or another safety. DE will help make the safeties look better(IMHO) and until Taco Tuesday becomes Taco gameday we cannot trust his lame ***. 

No way we can be spending $40M per year on defensive ends. Ideally we find a decent pass rusher for the right side on a rookie deal or find a bargain player that pans out. It's a loaded DE class in free agency, so maybe we get lucky?

3 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

No way we can be spending $40M per year on defensive ends. Ideally we find a decent pass rusher for the right side on a rookie deal or find a bargain player that pans out. It's a loaded DE class in free agency, so maybe we get lucky?

You must have missed the comment of "lower ranked for the 2nd". I am thinking an old vet such as Wake or Suggs, or a youngster needing to prove something. Also in case it has been forgotten we do not have a 1st round pick which means we will get a "project" at best for a DE in the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

You must have missed the comment of "lower ranked for the 2nd". I am thinking an old vet such as Wake or Suggs, or a youngster needing to prove something. Also in case it has been forgotten we do not have a 1st round pick which means we will get a "project" at best for a DE in the 2nd. 

I read the names Clowney and Ford, each of which will account for $15M+ annually I would imagine. Then you add in Lawrence? We'll be looking at well over $35M per year between Lawrence and one of those other guys. If we're talking Cameron Wake instead, yeah, that's much more plausible IMO

Not that Gregory was really holding anything up, but this makes signing DLaw even more of a priority.

I also have faith in Armstrong who outplayed Taco in preseason but was bypassed on the depth chart because Taco is a first rounder.

14 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Via Twitter,  David Irving also susp. Indefinitely for violating substance policy. 

I think his odds of playing in NFL again are significantly less than those of RG’s

We gave them multiple chances. We respected them as people and players. Wish them the best but it's time to let go of them.

FA & Draft coming up & I can't wait to get some young blood in here to make our roster better.

Archived