2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ohio State didn't use him enough down the field. He was the fastest WR at the combine and only 6 of his 111 targets last season were 20+ yards down the field. 

That should tell us something. All that speed and a good deep ball QB in Haskins and look at his targets.

There is more to being a deep threat than speed. He doesn't track the ball well, isn't physical at the point of catch and has suspect hards. Again.... Patterson clone is accurate.

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That should tell us something. All that speed and a good deep ball QB in Haskins and look at his targets.

There is more to being a deep threat than speed. He doesn't track the ball well, isn't physical at the point of catch and has suspect hards. Again.... Patterson clone is accurate.

Not really. Ohio State's system is built around short passes and getting the ball to their playmakers in space. Haskins average depth of target was the 37th best in the draft this year which highlights how many short passes he was throwing last season at OSU. He ranks 14th in this draft class in deep ball completion % too, so it's not like Campbell was in a system designed to use his speed over the top consistently. 

"Urban (Meyer) has a system and it works, but it makes it harder to evaluate his receivers. Mike Thomas was just okay in their offense and then he gets to the pros and he's great. Campbell is kind of raw, but that same thing could happen with him." -- Personnel executive for AFC team

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Had Cooper for a few years. Carr struggled deep with his rainbows. He's not a good deep ball passer. That is beyond evident 

I agree and I like Carr but he doesn't throw deep unless a guy is running totally open. He's great at short and medium range which isn't bad especially in gruden's west coast offense. 

Personally I don't think the Raiders should draft guys who are the fastest guys in the draft who have suspect hands. It's obvious guys have a hard time catching passes from Carr so the Raiders shouldn't make it more difficult by drafting guys who aren't natural pass catchers.

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I agree and I like Carr but he doesn't throw deep unless a guy is running totally open. He's great at short and medium range which isn't bad especially in gruden's west coast offense. 

Personally I don't think the Raiders should draft guys who are the fastest guys in the draft who have suspect hands. It's obvious guys have a hard time catching passes from Carr so the Raiders shouldn't make it more difficult by drafting guys who aren't natural pass catchers.

Which is why Campbell is a good fit here, he has a ton of experience working out of the slot and in the short passing game. He averaged 8.9 yards after the catch last season and is arguably the best slot receiver in this draft. The hands thing isn't much of a concern with him he only had 5 drops on 111 targets last season.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which is why Campbell is a good fit here, he has a ton of experience working out of the slot and in the short passing game. He averaged 8.9 yards after the catch last season and is arguably the best slot receiver in this draft. The hands thing isn't much of a concern with him he only had 5 drops on 111 targets last season.

He’s more of a catch and run mid range guy imo surprised at his 40

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s more of a catch and run mid range guy imo surprised at his 40

In this class, he ranks #3 in slot receptions and #5 in slot receiving yards. Urban Meyer's system is built to get their athletes the ball in space on short passes, jet sweeps, etc. Haskins didn't throw the ball down the field that much and Campbell was used almost exclusively in the slot. 

DK Metcalf is seen as this elite deep threat but had a higher drop rate than Campbell, is a tad slower, and has terrible agility. Campbell has deep speed and elite agility to match it. 

Archived