2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ohio State didn't use him enough down the field. He was the fastest WR at the combine and only 6 of his 111 targets last season were 20+ yards down the field. 

Like BP said, he isn't a deep ball WR.  Struggled with tracking the ball and bringing it in.  Had a lot of double catches too, even on slants and shorter routes.  Not a guy who is going to beat coverage over the top for 50/50 balls either.  Bubble screens, slants, and crossing routes are where he would be best utilized.

Like I said, I think Hill is and was the better slot WR last year. Better hands and just as athletic. Paris only has speed.

9 minutes ago, true2form said:

Like BP said, he isn't a deep ball WR.  Struggled with tracking the ball and bringing it in.  Had a lot of double catches too, even on slants and shorter routes.  Not a guy who is going to beat coverage over the top for 50/50 balls either.  Bubble screens, slants, and crossing routes are where he would be best utilized.

Like I said, I think Hill is and was the better slot WR last year. Better hands and just as athletic. Paris only has speed.

How can you say if he's a deep ball WR or not when he was only targeted 6 times on deep passes all season? Michael Thomas wasn't very productive at Ohio State and is one of the best players in the league now. You can't really judge him based on how he was used in Urban Meyer's gimmicky system there, Haskins didn't really throw the ball down the field. As I've stated before if bubble screens, slants, and crossing routes out of the slot are his strengths, wouldn't that make him a perfect fit for our offense? Carr loves to work in the short and intermediate areas of the field. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How can you say if he's a deep ball WR or not when he was only targeted 6 times on deep passes all season? Michael Thomas wasn't very productive at Ohio State and is one of the best players in the league now. You can't really judge him based on how he was used in Urban Meyer's gimmicky system there, Haskins didn't really throw the ball down the field. As I've stated before if bubble screens, slants, and crossing routes out of the slot are his strengths, wouldn't that make him a perfect fit for our offense? Carr loves to work in the short and intermediate areas of the field. 

He was targeted 6 times on deep balls because Ohio state knows he is NOT a deep ball receiver. Campbell is a screen/slant type WR and his 4.31 does not transition well onto the football field. McLaurin his teammate who ran 4.35 plays way way faster than him on the football field. 

Like I said, hard pass on Campbell. The only team I see Campbell doing well on is NO with all the dang screens they do. 

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He was targeted 6 times on deep balls because Ohio state knows he is NOT a deep ball receiver. Campbell is a screen/slant type WR and his 4.31 does not transition well onto the football field. McLaurin his teammate who ran 4.35 plays way way faster than him on the football field. 

Like I said, hard pass on Campbell. The only team I see Campbell doing well on is NO with all the dang screens they do. 

So then Haskins should be docked then too, right? For draft eligible QB's this year, he ranks 14th in deep pass adjusted completion % and 37th for average depth of target. Clearly it isn't a system thing and Ohio State refused to throw the ball down the field because Haskins was incapable, right? Urban Meyer is more concerned about playing to his players strengths then he is about winning college football games? Their entire offense is built around the short passing game, if you're going to knock Campbell then you have to knock Haskins as well. 

McLaurin had a higher drop rate, lower catch %, and worse yards run per route than Campbell last year. 

Ohio State had two of the most explosive WR in the country last season and only took 20 shots down the field with them in 14 games. 

Yes Haskins is very very overrated. I watched a three full games and tape on him when we were rumored to like him. Hard pass for me. He could have the most potential but hes two years away, at the absolute soonest, of being an NFL QB. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Well I can say it because I watched every single play he ever had. I watched all of those deep balls last year and the ones from previous seasons.  He fails the eye test on deep balls.  That's enough for me, but if you want to look at how many deep balls they threw as a team be my guest.  Dixon probably had closer to 20 last year by himself.  Mack and McLaurin probably had more and Olave may have had 6 just in the last 2-3 games as a Freshman.  I'm a Buckeye fan though, so I've seen them all.

You can't compare Thomas to Campbell though, two completely different WR.

10 minutes ago, true2form said:

Well I can say it because I watched every single play he ever had. I watched all of those deep balls last year and the ones from previous seasons.  He fails the eye test on deep balls.  That's enough for me, but if you want to look at how many deep balls they threw as a team be my guest.  Dixon probably had closer to 20 last year by himself.  Mack and McLaurin probably had more and Olave may have had 6 just in the last 2-3 games as a Freshman.  I'm a Buckeye fan though, so I've seen them all.

You can't compare Thomas to Campbell though, two completely different WR.

The fact still remains that Campbell did his best work in the short and intermediate areas of the field. That's how Carr likes to play. He has the potential to be more than that because he's one of the most explosive athletes in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The fact still remains that Campbell did his best work in the short and intermediate areas of the field. That's how Carr likes to play. He has the potential to be more than that because he's one of the most explosive athletes in the draft. 

Well I can agree with that, but I thought we were talking about deep balls?

If we are talking slot play, I'd prefer someone other than Paris with better hands.  KJ Hill won't be available til next year, but he was the better of the two last year.

4 minutes ago, true2form said:

Well I can agree with that, but I thought we were talking about deep balls?

If we are talking slot play, I'd prefer someone other than Paris with better hands.  KJ Hill won't be available til next year, but he was the better of the two last year.

I said that I want him at 27 or 35 because I think he'd compliment Antonio Brown well. He's excellent working out of the slot and has the speed to take the top off the defense. Even if he was never really utilized that way at Ohio State, you have to respect 4.31 speed because he'll be able to run past most CB in the league. 

The concerns about his hands are a little overblown, IMO. He had a lower drop rate than DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Hakeem Butler, Marquise Brown, and was on par with AJ Brown.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I said that I want him at 27 or 35 because I think he'd compliment Antonio Brown well. He's excellent working out of the slot and has the speed to take the top off the defense. Even if he was never really utilized that way at Ohio State, you have to respect 4.31 speed because he'll be able to run past most CB in the league. 

The concerns about his hands are a little overblown, IMO. He had a lower drop rate than DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Hakeem Butler, Marquise Brown, and was on par with AJ Brown.

I would not be shocked to see Campbell fall as late as the Mid 3rd. Probably late 2nd though. 

Archived