2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

The way these LBs getting paid in FA, we really need to land ourselves one of the Devins.

I think I'm one of the few that would take White at 4. That kid is going to be a stud. Strong, fast, aggressive, who loves football, what's not to like? The mental aspect will catch up with experience, but even then it's not as if he's a liability in that department. Is the Alpha field general for the defense this team has sorely been lacking for years, and could have the biggest impact for us.

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

4. C. Ferrell/ R. Gary i flip flop each day. Ideally trade down a little and up another 2nd or 3rd.

24. D. Bush

27. G. Williams

35. N. Harry

106. D. Allen

Neither Ferrell or Gary is worth a top 5 pick and Bush will probably be off of the board by 24.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Neither Ferrell or Gary is worth a top 5 pick and Bush will probably be off of the board by 24.

Ferrell is one of those player that is an excellent football player but I have trouble justifying taking him that high. I can't place my finger on why. I have him as the second 4-3 end prospect behind Bosa, he fits what Guenther wants in a DE, excellent technical player, run stopping ability, not a flexible rusher but still gets to the QB, excellent character. I like him as a prospect. 

Maybe I'm overthinking it? 

Rashan Gary on the other hand I think is all athlete at this point. One of the prospects I don't want at 4. I'd take him at 24, but he won't fall that far.

I think Charles Omenihu needs more talk, fits the profile of a Guenther DE and could probably be had at 35. May be a tad early but he’s a draft riser for sure. I don’t think the edge guys mentioned here (Sweat, Ferrell, Gary) make it to our pick at 24 and 4 is too rich for me so our 2nd rounder may be a sweet spot for the next crop of edge guys like Omenihu/Winovich  

9 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I think Charles Omenihu needs more talk, fits the profile of a Guenther DE and could probably be had at 35. May be a tad early but he’s a draft riser for sure. I don’t think the edge guys mentioned here (Sweat, Ferrell, Gary) make it to our pick at 24 and 4 is too rich for me so our 2nd rounder may be a sweet spot for the next crop of edge guys like Omenihu/Winovich  

Meh too slow imo to rush the passer consistently more of a solid base end. I like chase tho

Trade back to 6, picking up an extra second, select Devin White.  Then go BPA with 24 and 27, snag Chase Winovich at pick 35.  Then continue on with BPA.  Maybe snag a DE that dropped from the first round with our recently acquired 2nd round pick.  Hope 24 and 27 are DE, WR, TE, or DB.  Maybe RB (Jacobs (not a fan)).  I would not be upset if we drafted four DEs.  Sounds crazy, but so does drafting only 1 or 2 DEs after having 13 sacks in an entire season.  We are literally setting ourselves up to draft a ton of DEs.  We currently have two on our roster (A. Key, S. Calhoun) and haven't signed one in FA.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh too slow imo to rush the passer consistently more of a solid base end. I like chase tho

Not saying he’s a speed rusher or anything but if we have Key who the staff seems to value off one edge as more of a finesse end and the other edge guys don’t make it to our late firsts then the value of Ominehu makes sense at 35 with Guenther. 

The more I think about it the more I want the raiders to trade back with the 4th pick, unless somehow Bosa is there but I think that he'll either go 2 or 3 especially with Barr not signing in NY. Gary, Ferrell, Sweat are all around the same level of talent and production. If the raiders can trade back pick up a 2nd or 3rd and like a 6th and then take one of those guys it would be a coup.

Archived