BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

My opinion on the matter:

Rules Committee - intervenes once every year basically, and I botched the decision needed last year, so I resigned. So there is one vacant spot. 

Contract committee - Except if one of the members don't want to do it anymore, I'd keep as it is, but we need one backup. For 3up rules nerds / experienced owners only

Trade Committee - This is where I have a big issue. I've had issues with how trades were approved for new guys for years, and the Mahomes trade was, imho, a terrible decision by the committee. I also think this is a spot where we could have guys like Ruskie, Whicker, Counselor or hockey come in.

Roster sheets - My perception might be totally flawed because we don't know who does what, but the way I see it, SirA and bcb are running the DtoD operations and I'm in charge of the more structural work. Not sure where Rags fit in. If someone knows his way around Google docs / Excel, I would like them to come in and back me up in case I'm not here/busy/clueless

Standings - I think one of the roster guys should do it and if that's ok with everyone, I could do it

Waiver, Schedule, PFA - except if bcb wants to share the burden a bit, I have no issue on how things work there.

Rule Workbook master - Like the roster sheet, it just needs maintenance every time an issue comes up. @Hockey5djh offered to do it. I see no downside in adding this role.

I'm fine being contract waiver scheduele guy 

I basically only input the waivers into the sheet every week and I normally put the game results into the sheets if Mike didn't get to them because that's the waiver order.  

Split responsibilities to every owner: Let's use the Trade Committee for a example pheltz, PR, MD4L, Counselor and SwoleXmad this year. 2020 Ruskie, Whicker, WFLukic, Hockey5djh and myself. That way everyone gets involve at doing something in the mock without double dipping with responsibilities. Just my .02 

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Rule Workbook master - Like the roster sheet, it just needs maintenance every time an issue comes up. @Hockey5djh offered to do it. I see no downside in adding this role.

I still volunteer for this. My goal is to make sure that everything that we do eventually makes it into a single rules document.

I volunteer for everything except spreadsheet because I am clueless when it comes to that.

Also I'd suggest having a backup for everything just cause, life is a (Censored word goes here)

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

I volunteer for everything except spreadsheet because I am clueless when it comes to that.

Also I'd suggest having a backup for everything just cause, life is a (Censored word goes here)

Turkey Baster

As for the committees, my watch has ended.  

I can learn how to do the spreadsheet, I can reword rules to clarify problems, I can do any number of other things.  

It would take everyone here unanimously begging me to rejoin the committees as they(this would need to be said verbatim) missed my wise counsel, calm demeanor, and overall brilliance.  Then I might.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

As for the committees, my watch has ended.  

I can learn how to do the spreadsheet, I can reword rules to clarify problems, I can do any number of other things.  

It would take everyone here unanimously begging me to rejoin the committees as they(this would need to be said verbatim) missed my wise counsel, calm demeanor, and overall brilliance.  Then I might.

We have like 2 of those. Enjoy the freedom while it lasts.

Archived